Dead Pets

BBM. I had already come to believe that ICA tried to bury Caylee in the backyard with the borrowed shovel. This confirmed it for me.
I think this could have been Casey's first idea, but her native laziness quickly kicked in and realized it was too much effort to bury. Tossing out like garbage was much easier. The shovel might have been used to 'sled' the wrapped-up body from the backyard to the trunk of the car. It was getting stinky and messy at that point. "I need more bags, and that laundry bag with handles would be nice to hoist it into the trunk!" Always looking for the easiest way... didn't even look much past the end of her childhood block.

I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but how is JB going to play the whole "Anthony Family Pet Cemetary" theme in with the "Morally Bankrupt RK Moved The Body Around"? Did RK come upon one of the A family funerals in the backyard and take note of the procedures they took with their pets and then years later upon finding the body of a small child floating lifeless in their swimming pool, RK decides to steal the body, perform the same rituals that the A family had with their pet, hide the body, move the body, hide the body, and then plant it down the street to frame KC? I think JB just insured that the jury has no doubt that KC and KC alone killed and disposed of Caylee. Way to go, Jose!

Maybe that's who "misty" was. I wonder why JB asked about Misty. George said they never had a pet named Misty. Did JB get mixed up? Hmmm, Misty is someone but who...not an anthony pet.

The question by lee...is this like the last time.

Baez screwed up big time by introducing the pet stuff.
1. how to wrap dead things
2. Casey a witness to that routine
3. alot of pets dying
4. current dogs sick in significant timeframe
5. Who is Misty?
I think the confusion about 'Misty' started when Baez initially asked Cindy if they had a dog named 'Mandy', at the start of the questioning. Cindy answered, "Yes", they did have a dog named 'Mandy', years ago.

Later on, Baez, getting the name mixed up, asked George if they used to have a dog named 'Misty', when he actually should have said 'Mandy'.

George answered honestly. No, they didn't have a dog named 'Misty'.

After all the vulgar lies and accusations Baez made about him, why should George help Baez out?

Just my take on it.

I think the confusion about 'Misty' started when Baez initially asked Cindy if they had a dog named 'Mandy', at the start of the questioning. Cindy answered, "Yes", they did have a dog named 'Mandy', years ago.

Later on, Baez, getting the name mixed up, asked George if they used to have a dog named 'Misty', when he actually should have said 'Mandy'.

George answered honestly. No, they didn't have a dog named 'Misty'.

After all the vulgar lies and accusations Baez made about him, why should George help Baez out?

Just my take on it.

I went back and read GA's testimony. JB asked him first about Mandy and his last question was about Misty. Maybe Misty was SP's pet that Lee mentioned in his testimony (not by name but that he attended the burial). :waitasec:

BBM: And THAT could very well explain why the pool ladder was still attached to the pool. If you were trying to dig a hole in the Florida heat sweating would be a given. What better way to cool down than to go into the pool and no need to remove the ladder because Caylee was already gone. That makes more sense than Caylee opening up two locked doors and CA leaving the ladder attached to the pool. jmo
('Bolding' by smart blonde)

I already believed that it was ICA who left the pool ladder up after swimming to cool herself off, and wash the stench off of herself after moving Caylee's decomposing remains.

But, I never followed through on the thinking of why the pool ladder was left up. I guess I just figured it was ICA's laziness, but from Cindy's statements on the subject, it had never happened before.

Your post makes sense, and explains why: No need to remove the pool ladder, because ICA knew Caylee was already gone.

I love this thread! I have followed this case since the beginning, and there are very few AHA! moments. When JB opened up the questioning about the pets and how they were wrapped, it was an amazing AHA! moment for me. Quite a few things fell into place for me (thanks JB).

Follow the pets.

:eek:hwow:

I remember that! Amy was sleepwalking and couldn't remember where she put the $400.00 (or so Casey said).

Of course I have no proof or facts, but is one chilling thought. Did ICA try to drug Amy too!

EGADS!

Mel

Didn't Amy also wake up wearing different clothes than she had gone to bed in, or am I imagining this?

I just CANNOT believe that the Defence raised the whole family pet issue! I realize that they did so in an attempt in incriminalize GA but for me it has had a HUGE impact on sealing the deal for how/why KC used this method for Caylee!

moo

Jose Baez is the gift that keeps on giving.....to the SA.

Compliments of http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/

If you want a good laugh, give it a read :)

Mel

Didn't Amy also wake up wearing different clothes than she had gone to bed in, or am I imagining this?

No, you're spot on:

Amy said- she was confused bc she woke up wearing different pants—that’s why she believed Casey’s sleepwalking story.

11 EE: When did that money get stolen? That cash?
12 AH: That money got stolen the 2nd. Uhm, Casey had told me a story that I had...
13 EE: Four hundred and eighty dollars?
14 AH: Four hundred dollars. The eighty was the towing that I had lent to her. It
15 was four hundred even. Uhm, and she...
16 EE: Sleep walking?
17 AH: Yeah (affirmative), she told me that I had put, was putting the money aside. That
18 I was talking to her. She had no idea I was asleep until the morning when I said I
19 didn't remember it. Uhm, and really the only reason I bought it is the week
20 before I had changed pants in my sleep from this pair of pants, which are really
21 comfy, to a different pair of pants. I don't remember doing it. I don't know why I
22 did it but I woke up in a different pair of pants, which is why I kind of bought this
23 story. I didn't remember ever telling her that story but I must have which is why
24 she used that to tell me the story about me putting this money away in my sleep.
25 Looked up high and low, up and down, everywhere, through the entire house.

I look at the few photos of a young Casey and the latest video of her as a child and maybe my opinion is colored by what is charged with now. I see a not-so-good child, she has the "look" about her even at that age. Like the movie the good son? I do believe that some people are just born evil (just the way it is or past life stuff or whatever) I don't need familial/social factors to account for everything. I can fully picture her hurting animals even as a kid. Sorry.

BBM
I got that same thing from the young ICA pics. I know at least one child with that same "look," and I wouldn't trust him with a pet of mine for a second. Did you ever see the movie, "The Bad Seed?" Patty McCormick played the sociopathic killer child to perfection.

BBM
I got that same thing from the young ICA pics. I know at least one child with that same "look," and I wouldn't trust him with a pet of mine for a second. Did you ever see the movie, "The Bad Seed?" Patty McCormick played the sociopathic killer child to perfection.

In "The Bad Seed" movie, when the girl's mom questions her about the little boy's death and the little girl clenches her fists and grits her teeth and says "Mutherrrrrrrrr" it so reminds me of Casey on the jailhouse tapes.

And while I'm posting about this, might as well mention that it has always seemed to me that in little Caylee's videos, I get a sense of hesitation in Caylee's demeanor, like she isn't quite sure if it's a happy time or not. I think she saw Casey's dark side more than anyone.

Scary! And sad.

I look at the few photos of a young Casey and the latest video of her as a child and maybe my opinion is colored by what is charged with now. I see a not-so-good child, she has the "look" about her even at that age. Like the movie the good son? I do believe that some people are just born evil (just the way it is or past life stuff or whatever) I don't need familial/social factors to account for everything. I can fully picture her hurting animals even as a kid. Sorry.

BBM

I agree!

And, from an article at canyon-news.com, Cindy's brother Rick's ex-wife, Pam, agrees, too. I just finished reading the article on another thread....

Pam said, "Casey was always weird. At age twelve, she was very spooky looking, even then".

She just looks like a kid that could hurt animals, now that I know she murdered a toddler, especially.

WAY OT but...I have had a bad feeling for a long time that Casey may have been pregnant and "gotten rid of " another baby sometime in high school. Go with me for a minute. So CA talked about Casey quitting track in high school and gaining 15 pounds, she also talked about Casey's irregular periods and the fact that she and Casey would joke about being sooo bloated with PMS as to look pregnant. Lee made some comments such as "is it like last time" and the "secret" comment at the memorial. I don't know I just feel like it would explain the weirdness around the pregnancy with Caylee, Lee's reaction and CA not admitting to it until Casey was outed by her uncle. Maybe CA suspected ICA had been pregnant at some previous time and maybe even suspected the baby was "dumped" somewhere after birth but is in such pathological denial that she can't admit her daughter would do something like that. I know it's just a way out there feeling but I always wondered if there was a little newborn skeleton in those woods too...

After reading through this WHOLE thread, FlaMom your post has had me haunted. I ask, DID ICA ever have a previous pregnancy BEFORE Caylee? If she did, did she miscarry in HS after her 15 lb. "bloat"? Is it on record anywhere, if so, where are the remains? Just as they blamed ICA having "womenly problems" when she was pg with Caylee, maybe they were just successful at hiding (denying) a 1st pregnancy but it didn't go to term and there is no record of a miscarriage. Could have the scenario been if she did, that THAT fetus is in the backyard as well? Sorry to be morbid. Did the LE dig up the dogs' remains? I am wondering if ICA was putting Caylee's remains there as that is where other remains are besides the dogs.

I hurt for Lee when he testified as being left out of this pg with Caylee. I am wondering if he was witness to the other loss (the family secret) and was afraid that ICA was pregnant again and they were in denial to keep him out of the loop deliberately?

I am wondering also when any of the dogs died, WHAT was happening in the family at that time? Did they die during the time of ICA's 15 lb. "bloat." ANGER?

I will add I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-PCOS, it isn't a bloat as much as the hormones make you carry your weight in your lower tummy area, you get skin tags around your neck, you start losing your hair or it thins out badly, you get hair in weird places like your chin, and you get thrown into insulin insensitivity which equals Type 2 Diabetes and the worst...infertility. So no, Casey did not have hormonal problems along this line.

It is late....West Coast...and I am unable to sleep for closing tomorrow.
Apolgies if this is a weird post.

I was reading some of this thread earlier today and want to say thanks for bringing this point out. I didn't get it when I heard the testimony, other than thinking that a lot of pets had died in the house in the 20 years that Casey was there. Were there 5 or 7, and what about the (was it spaniels) mom and offspring that died 6 months apart? When was that and was it shortly before Caylee was murdered, or was the chloroform on the dogs speculation? The burial in the backyard ... the earlier post about there being bylaws for that ... I agree. The rule here is 4 feet minimum deep and dog burial is not allowed in residential backyards. Furthermore, dogs that are buried are not put in plastic bags with packing tape (or Henkel duct tape), they are simply buried in a way that gives maximum access to bugs and other decomposing elements: dust to dust without the garbage bag.

After reading through this WHOLE thread, FlaMom your post has had me haunted. I ask, DID ICA ever have a previous pregnancy BEFORE Caylee? If she did, did she miscarry in HS after her 15 lb. "bloat"? Is it on record anywhere, if so, where are the remains? Just as they blamed ICA having "womenly problems" when she was pg with Caylee, maybe they were just successful at hiding (denying) a 1st pregnancy but it didn't go to term and there is no record of a miscarriage. Could have the scenario been if she did, that THAT fetus is in the backyard as well? Sorry to be morbid. Did the LE dig up the dogs' remains? I am wondering if ICA was putting Caylee's remains there as that is where other remains are besides the dogs.

I hurt for Lee when he testified as being left out of this pg with Caylee. I am wondering if he was witness to the other loss (the family secret) and was afraid that ICA was pregnant again and they were in denial to keep him out of the loop deliberately?

I am wondering also when any of the dogs died, WHAT was happening in the family at that time? Did they die during the time of ICA's 15 lb. "bloat." ANGER?

I will add I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-PCOS, it isn't a bloat as much as the hormones make you carry your weight in your lower tummy area, you get skin tags around your neck, you start losing your hair or it thins out badly, you get hair in weird places like your chin, and you get thrown into insulin insensitivity which equals Type 2 Diabetes and the worst...infertility. So no, Casey did not have hormonal problems along this line.

It is late....West Coast...and I am unable to sleep for closing tomorrow.
Apolgies if this is a weird post.

Entirely possible!

:shocked2:now I am uber creeped out about the dogs that hit in the yard.
sounded like LE didn't dig too deep as the earth wasn't disturbed but if it had been a coupke years?

WAY OT but...I have had a bad feeling for a long time that Casey may have been pregnant and "gotten rid of " another baby sometime in high school. Go with me for a minute. So CA talked about Casey quitting track in high school and gaining 15 pounds, she also talked about Casey's irregular periods and the fact that she and Casey would joke about being sooo bloated with PMS as to look pregnant. Lee made some comments such as "is it like last time" and the "secret" comment at the memorial. I don't know I just feel like it would explain the weirdness around the pregnancy with Caylee, Lee's reaction and CA not admitting to it until Casey was outed by her uncle. Maybe CA suspected ICA had been pregnant at some previous time and maybe even suspected the baby was "dumped" somewhere after birth but is in such pathological denial that she can't admit her daughter would do something like that. I know it's just a way out there feeling but I always wondered if there was a little newborn skeleton in those woods too...

I thought that too! If it was the pet burial ground
like Kio said... where were the pet bones?
after reading firefly's post I wonder about the backyard now!

Interesting idea about the "bloat" and Lee's involvement. Anything is possible with this family. Just when I thought Cindy was coming to grips with the truth and experiencing some sort of grief, she turns around and tells a whopper about bamboo shoots and tries to turn the court on it's head. Nothing seems genuine ... and Cindy sure is earnest and long winded when she tells whoppers, just like her daughter.

Entirely possible!

:shocked2:now I am uber creeped out about the dogs that hit in the yard.
sounded like LE didn't dig too deep as the earth wasn't disturbed but if it had been a coupke years?

omg... I thought LE had dug deep, but I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't have, if the ground was not disturbed. Wow.. I wonder what might be buried by the playhouse, then? I'm creeped out, too.

I thought that too! If it was the pet burial ground
like Kio said... where were the pet bones?
after reading firefly's post I wonder about the backyard now!

A couple of garbage bags, some packing or duct tape and I'm inclined to think the pet cemetery, just like with Caylee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back