2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is always contradicting reports about what the jury is doing based on who is reporting it and which side they lean towards. Kathi Belich said, during JA's opening, that the jurors were all watching him and hanging on his every word. I doubt a juror who appeared to be sleeping would go unnoticed by so many of the reporters there tweeting live.

I've been reading tweets and trying to get answers about the jury and their body language...gosh, this is maddening...
I am so worried about juror #5....

I'd like to know this too.

RE: timer55 - I actually believe that it was changed prior to her arrest while she was home on 15th/16th, because IIRC she talked about it with LA while she's in Jail. Not sure I maybe confusing some facts.

Most days, I am at work, and only have all of you to bring the trial to me. Today, I get to watch along with you. Thank you all for painting such a great picture of this trial through your words and providing links to videos I could watch at home at night. What I see in those videos and what I see today, you've painted an accurate picture of each day. You've done a marvelous job.
I just want to add that I don't post very often but I have been reading (lurking) I always am amazed of the knowledge and intelligence of most of the posters. Also, that the moderators do not allow personel derrogatory attacks of anyone. I have been to other forums and I always feel dirty and disappointed in how they allow personal attacks. This is the place that I always read and am appreciative of the respect that everyone has for one another, even if there is a difference of opinion. So, Thank You.

Not necessarily true.

It's up to Judge Perry's discretion whether he wants to allow the Jurors to go home in between verdict and Penalty Phase.

Personally, I believe he will allow them to do so if they return a quick verdict.

IMO I don't see how JP can risk the jurors turning on the news and seeing clips of Casey's reactions during testimony and transformations after the jury is removed.

I think she chloroformed Caylee so she wouldn't put up a fight, duct taped her mouth and nose and slammed the trunk shut. Went in to Tony's and boinked him a couple a times, went to blockbuster and got a movie, the stayed in bed boinking Tony all day long on the 16th. :banghead:

Horrible........... Freakin 90 degrees outside this time of year here too. She should die same way. MOO

I thought JA was brilliant but do any of you think he should've apologized for coming across as a bully during the trial and explain the reason is his passion to get the truth and justice for the victim Caylee Marie Anthony.

I worry that some of these jurors thought he was too aggressive.

Mark Nejame, whom I greatly admire and respect on a personal level, stated:

"Jeff Ashton's presentation was succinct, masterful and tempered with perfect emotion. His Closing Argument is going to be one that goes down in Law books across this country as a teaching tool for "this is how you do it."

Oh, didn't you hear?

Her attorney, Lippman, cleared all that up yesterday.

He said CA DID look up chloroform don'cha know. All of the computer experts were wrong. :rolleyes:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I believe that Juror #5 is the woman in her 60's that had a DUI in 1998. Her son and grandson have both had drug problems. She has an 11th grade education. She makes me nervous.

If these people are really imaginary friends, then she would still believe they exist and she would be shaking her head when JB says they are not real.

They were not imaginary not a character created by her mind and kept there these are ficticious names created to deceive to give her an alibi when questions were asked of her. There is a big diff and JA should have nipped that in the bud right from the get go! JMO

I believe Caylee was talking quite a bit by the time she was killed...so that particular point was not as strong to me as to many others...seems like she was pretty verbal for a while...

I've been reading tweets and trying to get answers about the jury and their body language...gosh, this is maddening...
I am so worried about juror #5....

Don't worry about any of the jurors. They will, collectively, come to a decision that they, collectively, feel is appropriate.

Can I sound like JB any more, collectively, collectively, collectively. Lol. :crazy:

I could be wrong, but I thought one of the jurors had a medical condition called narcolepsy ( falling asleep)

I don't think a narcoleptic person would be allowed on a jury. I'm willing to learn, though ... Link?

Was I hallucinating, or was JB saying CM was going to come up on closing and do (mumble) some of the closing arguments too?

Mark Nejame, whom I greatly admire and respect on a personal level, stated:

"Jeff Ashton's presentation was succinct, masterful and tempered with perfect emotion. His Closing Argument is going to be one that goes down in Law books across this country as a teaching tool for "this is how you do it."

I agree but some jurors may not like that style. Especially the ones who don't like to judge, KWIM? :innocent:

While we are listening to lots of talking heads on HLN, including Mark Nejame, here is a clip of Nejame slapping Nancy Grace around for "sensationalizing" the Caylee Anthony case.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXwzDRYgu8"]YouTube - ‪"OH" NANCY GRACE FIGHTS WITH MARK NEJAME...CASEY ANTHONY.. 11=07-08‬‏[/ame]

For all the technical expertise that Jeff Ashton has I am amazed at how simple his arguments were. Logical and simple. I guess any old fool can take something and complicate it but it takes a real genius to simplify things.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member