2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
KBelichWFTV: I don't think I have ever seen a judge call both sides to the bench during a closing before! In 30 years of covering courts [via Twitter]

He was laughing and he was doing it before JB said anything ,I noticed it and was thinking about how he laughing before JB had his outburst ( might have even been a half hour before) So it wasnt the first time today.
They've BOTH been doing it.

Jose needs to be disbarred...He has been in contempt this enitre trial...JMHO

I've been thinking that for a long time, but today may have pushed it to the point where it's possible. He is not allowed to criticize his profession per professional standards, and he is repeatedly criticizing the prosecutors, accusing them of fraud, alleging that they are not in persuit of the truth ... bad form!

Payback for GA ,Lee and CA trying to get ICA to get another lawyer,IMO
He's been biding his time..............

I've been saying that same thing.

Baez has gone after anyone who has ever slighted him or shown him to be the incompetent, inexperienced little man he is.

There is the judge....yahhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Scout, that is so upsetting to me. I can't imagine ANYONE being swayed by that bombastic argument of hot air!

Correct. JA has to sit there like a professional, expressionless, like everyone else in the courtroom. There is no reason to excuse this professional of behavior that would land a spectator in jail.

His conduct this morning has been ludicrous. He might very well have just cost Kaylee the justice she deserves.

It's Caylee..

Y'all are killing me here. So Jose Baez can ignore 16 rules set by the Judge on friday but Jeff Ashton can't crack a smile? Maybe he couldn't help himself. Jose Baez standing there spewing nonsense and stuff he damn well knows is against the rules he had to review, is okay!?

I am sooooo praying the members of the jury don't feel the way THIS blogger on WFTV (and apparently her entire office full of mothers!) apparently does:

Comment From Guest:
During the entire trial my office and I have only watched the days on channel 313 without all of the commentary from the armchair 'quarterbacks'. I have to say that when I was listening to commentary today on channel 9, quite shocked, the perception you are communicating is from a perception of someone who has more info than the average person. We are all mid 30s, 40s, all moms, and income over $100k, so I think we are semi-educated. We feel there is so much 'reasonable doubt' that we could NOT find someone guilty, and Ashton comes off quite arrogant quite often! If anyone on the jury has a problem with our government, Ashton has not won them over!

BBM:

If someone on the jury has a problem with the government, I hope they don't use that to deny Caylee justice.

"Sonny Hostin NEEDS to shut up!!!!!! She is pro defense TH "

Amen to that!! Sometimes I wonder if she is watching the same trial??? I have to "mute" that TH everytime she starts!!

I totally ignore her..she's just a paid mouth moving w/sound..nothing more.

Ashton was out of line but come on...Baez has gotten away with everything imaginable.

Agreed. JA was out of line. But JB has been doing the same thing throughout the ENTIRE trial.

Oh come on!!! Baez, are you really that hurt you can't have Ashton in your view?

OMG...Bill S is saying HHJB may be considering charging JA with contempt!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised. Like I kept saying and seeing. JA has been doing that the whole time. Regardless of how we feel about JB, he has the right to present his closing argument without being treated this way.:truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken