2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury returned to courtroom.

Defense called to continue.

JB: As laid out during the course of this trial, there is doubt here, there were some things that just do not add up. You learned how the Anthony family buried their heads. George however has a little amnesia. He seems to forget what Cindy and Lee clearly remember.

Why did George never tell police about the way they buried their pets? Three years go by and there is no mention. There's a chance to save his daughter's life, why would somebody use three pieces of duct tape? One was found 6 1/2 feet away. You recall that it was said to be attached to the hair of Caylee. There was significant movement of bone, one was found under 4 inches of muck. It's also not reasonable to accept George's lies about this duct tape. I am in no way suggesting that George Anthony killed Caylee. There is no evidence of any murder in this case. And that has been our position from the very beginning. This was an accident that snowballed out of control.

Mr. Anthony has on numerous occasions had the opportunity to come up here and tell the truth, but given every opportunity he lied. He played games with the photographs. And he refused to be upfront and honest. This man doesn't have an ounce of paternal instinct in him. Not an ounce. This man came up here and almost with a bit of joy testified against his daughter. He didn't attempt to try to protect her. Even Cindy Anthony tried. Lee Anthony was at times the victim. You can't see an ounce of that from George.

Those were not the actions of the father. He actually smiled. He thought this was funny. And there were times when he broke down. I submit to you we had this young lady come tell you about his displays of affection. They told you that she said she had a brain tumor. She doesn't have a tumor. And he went to her apartment in the day and at night to console her? He has a woman at home to console. Cindy Anthony needed consoling. She kept their relationship private until the police came knocking at her door. That's when she ended up selling her story. He knew he could never deny he had been to that apartment.

He lied to you. George cares about George, not about his daughter, not about his family, but about George. His suicide note is a self-serving document.

When the police are getting closer and closer to George Anthony gets a six pack of beer and chose some medication and he takes. This whole thing is about oh I'm sorry, that's what George is all about himself. He had a gun. The only reason he got a gun was to get Casey back in jail knowing there were not to be any firearms in the house. This is someone who knows better. These are the rules, the second they're broken she goes back to jail. He didn't care because George cares about George. This is a self-serving document, and it's more of George protecting George, and George throwing Casey under the bus.

i sure hope ldb keeps her promise to bring up those checks bc this attack on ga is completely repulsive and out of line. i do not understand why he's allowed to go on with this.

The checks can not be brought up in closing arguments. Only testimony and evidence brought out in the trial can be mentioned in closing arguments.

IMO

JB's tone is softer, but he's still going after George and the family.

does anyone rememer if RC aka KH ever testified to the brain tumor?

I would not have put it past her to have lied about it either, by the way...

But do we know whether she told GA that or not?

Thanks in advance.

JB: CA & GA raised their hands and swore to tell the truth...and lied

(my side note: at least they got on the stand, unlike his client)

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Jurors aren't showing any facial expressions. Just listening to Baez talk. Juror 8 actually put her notepad in empty seat next to her.

yes they should have done more like gain custody so ICA could not kill Caylee

Did we get an answer as to why CA and GA are noit sitting next to each other? I know ML is between them, but why???

Earlier it was because someone tall was sitting in front of her and she couldn't see. Probably still the case.

JB is not a chemist or a pharmacologist. Therefore, he should not talk about the effects of beer and blood pressure meds.

neither should he discuss brain tumors. really offensive ... (preventive modsnip)

He trashes George, blames him for the death of Caylee, not JB's makings excuses for Casey, the way she was raised. Now he's trashing LE.

How is it legal? I'll never get over what the "law" allows attorneys to do in court.

I love that the defense's case white board has one thing and one thing only on it....

the picture of a chick who says she seduced a grieving grandpa

that about sums that up for me !

Casey is really putting on her "pathetic" face now.

The gun

No one has ever stated he left it in the car under the tire thingie. To keep from getting ICA in trouble with her bond agreement.

I seriously wonder if George got that gun while the inmate was home because he intended to use it on her and them himself.
He KNEW she killed Caylee and maybe thought he had nothing to lose.
He would take care of it and then end it himself.

Interesting theory, hadn't thought of that one myself.

Ok, how many different ways can Baez spin this....next it's going to be the Anthony dogs killed Caylee. Baez stood up in his opening statement stating that Caylee drowned period and it was an accident period. Now he is accusing GA? WTH? The jury HAS to be able to see through this crap.....NONE of this should be sticking to any wall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419