2011.07.03 TRIAL Day Thirty-four - DEFENSE (JB) CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the state rested its case, we could've said nothing, but you didn't have enough information. [He goes through witnesses the defense called.] We wanted to give you all of the evidence.
Baez says it's difficult for you to peruse the truth, and the case is not proven.
The reason they couldn't prove this case is because it wasn't true. Look at all these tests that they ran. No fingerprints on the duct tape, or even on the gas can. No fingerprints on the duct tape at the scene. No fingerprints on the laundry bag. No DNA on the duct tape, why was there no DNA?
Caylee was excluded, there would've been some material on the tape. There wasn't. We can't find DNA on some duct tape? Not only DNA but fingerprints, and you didn't have that.
No DNA on the paper towels, no DNA in the trunk. no chloroform on the steering wheel. Goes through tests.... Nothing adds to their theory, they only hope. Negative negative negative negative negative.
No prescription or over-the-counter drugs. No hairs showing decomposition the hundreds of other hairs they checked. Was she smart enough to outwit the greatest crime lab of our country? That doesn't sound right. That doesn't make sense. No maggots in the trunk outside of the very few that were in the bag. But remember there was 75 in the bag, why how did they get in there?

No discoloration inside the skull. Dr. Spitz, was very well-qualified, and he testified for you, and told you that the child died of suffocation you would have that. The list goes on and on and on. No cause of death.

it only adds up to one thing. And that is she died by an accident. This was an accident that snowballed out of control.

The defense didn't have to call these people, we have no burden here. He goes through all of the pictures of witnesses and says I'd be willing to bet that most of you don't even remember any of them. Do you remember what these people talked about? But the man who finds the body is never called by the prosecution.

The defense called Roy Kronk. There were very suspicious circumstances surrounding Caylee being found. we never said he packed up her remains and brought them home but there is one thing we did say-- and one thing that is uncontroverted, he knew where she was and I control of that for at least four months.

This is what I showed you at the beginning of this trial, and this is actually what came out. Roy tells his friend sees this skull. and he never says another word about it again. That afternoon he calls 911. And he tells them I found something round and white, he tells him it's a skull. He calls the next day. He gives a more comprehensive description. He said something very interesting-- there was a falling tree there that looks like someone cut it. how would he know so much detail? He says, there was a whiteboard hanging over. this I suggest you as a marker where he might've hit her remains in the tree. However use this tree? is a too heavy for someone who weighs 100 or 105 lbs soaking wet? is a too heavy for some weighs that 200 pounds?

What happened to the whiteboard. It wasn't there on December 11. Casey was already in jail, she was under house arrest and the media was parked outside her house. So somebody move that whiteboard, somebody removed it from that tree.

You never get a second chance at a crime scene. If you want reliable information, it cannot be contaminated.

On the 13th, a police officer meets in there. so RK 10 show him where the bad of bones are. But it wasn't there. RK said the officer was rude to me. Why not grab the bag and go down the block and say news media here it is. Give me a reward, I've got it right here. Something is wrong here. Something is very shady. He called his son about the money, the reward. His son said RK said, I found Caylee. Brian Sparks was estranged, but wanted a relationship with his father ... but he impeached his father's testimony.

On December 11 when he happened to be urinating, RK finds her remains and tells the police in two different statements I picked up the bag a few feet off the ground and the skull fell out.

He never told the police they called several times before. He knows they have the 911 call. He knows the story had changed. He feels he has to play ball. How can you trust anything at that scene if it is staged? Dr. Spitz says her skull was not as they found it. We have RK lying... skull was out of the bag so who put it back in the bag? Those remains were hidden in the bag. This man is lying. How can you rely on any of that evidence? There is something not right here.

YAY JB is done! Now for Mason to explain the law to us... good time for a nap :)

In the past few hours, I've also come to realize the gravity of what is happening right before my very eyes. The thought of ICA walking out of jail makes me speechless. I really am struggling to find the right words to epxress what I'm thinking and feeling right now.

:grouphug:

Still going? And going, and going, and going. All right already…. stop!

CM now? I don't know if I have the energy to listen to him right now. seriously. IMO.

I am going to go insane. Can't handle this anymore. Bring on LDB. Please. And fast.

What must be going through LBD's mind now! "What the he11 am I supposed to do with this mess?"

Good Lord!

This is torture! I find myself constantly numbing myself with food while I hear JB talk! I've gone from 102 to a 105 pounds just because of his whining!!

Not to mention he is also struggling with proper grammar.....

"With all these evidences....."

Really Baez?

He must believe that if you have enough passion in your speech, the rest doesn't matter. He reminds me of arguing with my teens, they are sure passionate, but rarely does it amount to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam