POLL: How did JB do in closing statements pre-lunch?

How did Jose Baez do so far?

• 1 - I pity the fool

Votes: 214 48.7%

Votes: 52 11.8%

Votes: 44 10.0%

Votes: 25 5.7%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 21 4.8%

Votes: 20 4.6%

Votes: 23 5.2%

Votes: 8 1.8%

Votes: 11 2.5%

• Total voters
I didn't understand what he was saying about the computer searches being messed up. Was he accurate about that?

I missed the DT's CA. Well, except for seeing bits and pieces on tv.
Did JB really call ica a liar and a *advertiser censored*?
Just what or how did he say that?

JB did bring out a few things through all the BS that woke me up.

1. As JB pointed out and in the trial I did not see a fetal shaped stain in the trunk carpet. Just didn't see it. Maybe I need a stronger pair of magnifying glasses. If someone can point it out to me, I will definitely go get a stronger pair of glasses.

2. The heart shape sticker supposedly on the duct tape the prosecuting attorney's was putting into evidence. It's true there was no heart shape sticker of that type in all of the stickers in Caylee/Casey's room.

:twocents:
I haven't seen the 'fetal-position shaped' stain either. Has anyone here seen it?

I gave him a four only because Linda won't be up until tomorrow to make minced meat out of his closing. If she would have done rebuttal today, I would have given him a 1.

JB's Closing Argument: it was a JOKE ... a HUGE JOKE !

Seriously ... overall, JB was unprofessional and bordering on the "unethical"... in JB's "mind" it was "HIS SHOW" ! This a murder trial -- not a show !

JB's argument was totally "disjointed" -- he was all over the place. There was NO FLOW in his argument, as well as it did not make any logical sense.

His "attempt" at "jokes" was totally inappropriate in a courtroom -- especially the murder trial of a child.

He repeatedly referred to his client as a "*advertiser censored*" -- we all know she was not a "nun" -- but to keep calling ICA a "*advertiser censored*" in the courtroom just was not very appropriate.

JB's references to "witnesses" who testified in this case -- using the word "heavyset man" and "pretty girl with the glasses -- again -- TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE -- use their names !

And the overuse of the word "fantasy forensics" and other phrases -- just TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL -- JB had NO GRASP of the "forensic science" to even make a valid argument !

One more thing : I was very happy that Judge Perry told him he could NOT use the "Sexual Molestation" allegations as he did in OS ...

Could you just imagine how many times Jose would have used the "P-word" if the Judge had allowed the sexual molestations allegations ? That would have been EMBARRASSING !

:cow::cow::cow:

I voted 3 as my mind kept wandering and had to force myself to focus.

I wonder if JB is watching HLN coverage and getting pointers for the rest of the closing arugment by him.

I thought JB was done. Does he get to talk again? I thought it was just the state. Please someone tell me JB will NOT be speaking tomorrow, i'm having a panic attack thinking about having to listen to him again.

I thought he was all over the place and sleazy, but tonight on Tricia's radio show, Richard Hornsby said Baez "knocked it out of the park" with his closing.

so, IDK.

We'll see how LDB does tomorrow.

Oh yes brilliant ... NOT
Here is proof.
From JB's mouth

George can't do anything but tell the truth, no I mean lie.

The truth stops here!

I thought he was rambling, disjointed, confusing contradictory, rude, crass, unclear, full of hot air, talked on and on and on because he thought he was wowing the jury. He talked like a fool. Said stuff that wasn't true, and why JA didn't object is beyond me.

Maybe he said something valid but far be it from me to know, I tuned out half the time. I'm sure the jury tuned out or was very annoyed by his endless talking just to talk.

CM was just also a blowhard that no one listened to ... go home old man your heyday was over years ago.

I think the DT wasted time on purpose so the state would have their rebuttal when the jury was tired, hungry and cranky, but it back fired. The state goes tomorrow when the jury fresh {and full from breakfast}. It gives the state time to go over their rebuttal.

I'm sure the smokers were craving a cigarette and couldn't focus on JB or CM.

I wanted to give him a minus 10. I wonder what real lawyers think of him, not the TH lawyers that are looking for ratings.

I am a little worried. I was at work earlier, but was listening when he brought up the ten people who did not smell the smell in the car. If I was on the jury, that wouldn't phase me, because I feel there is enough circumstantial evidence and her behavior during that time speaks volumes. My concern is that there are what...12 people on that jury? Are all twelve going to feel the same way as me? I am not so sure.

As far as the smell and those who did not smell it, it since they in all likelihood have never been exposed to such a smell, so how would they know? The fact is that several different people who have smelled it before, did smell it.

Ugh, the suspense is killing me.

I am worried too ..I think the smell of decomp is so bad that they would have remembered ..I was wondering if they could have been smoking in the car would have covered the smell?

I voted 1, but I'd like to say that I don't pity this fool. He had nearly three years to prepare this defense. He wasn't handed this case at the last minute. He came across as bumbling, incompetent, and very patronizing toward the jury. His constant throwing of others under the bus infuriates me, and I can't believe that he again tried to go with his completely unfounded and delusional theory that the state was out to get Casey. Ridiculous, IMO.

IIRC, didn't he say in the media at various times throughout the last couple of years that when this case went to trial, we'd all be able to completely understand all of Casey's lies and actions? I understand none of her actions at all. He's cleared nothing up for me, other than making me even more convinced of her guilt. I'd say his entire defense was a big FAIL.

MOO

Marie Chantal:seeya:
hubby and I watched to day and we were arguing!! He says: she doesnt have to prove ANYTHING and I said: why not just sit there then and why in H double L does she have 4 or 5 lawyers LOL!
He said the SA hasnt proved much. I reminded him of SP case, I didnt watch but from reading here, they didnt have a vid cam on him doing it but he sits on death row today. I am SO for LDB and JA:great: Ive seen him, JB smirk alot so when JA got into trouble today I was livid.
I will put it this way, if I were ICA I would not want my life to depend on JB! Id want someone like the prosecution people especially Linda who is so serious and professional but oops she a Prosecutor. I dont know, maybe CM but hes kind of agravating, too.
They havent cleared anything up as far as what their version of what happened to Caylee is. Im still confused. I dont think GA and the gas cans did it.

I thought he was all over the place and sleazy, but tonight on Tricia's radio show, Richard Hornsby said Baez "knocked it out of the park" with his closing.

so, IDK.

We'll see how LDB does tomorrow.

Go Linda :great: She will do fine. I am sure.

I am watching the rest of JBs closing now because I couldn't earlier. People are saying Mason spoke..but when?? It looks like JP recesses for the evening before Mason spoke. Can anyone help me out here?

I know this says pre-lunch but this probably applies to both before and after lunch....

I actually think JB did a pretty good job with his closing (except for the length of it and that nutty about JA being the laughing guy) but was surprised to see him conceding so many of the state's points that he fought during trial such as KC making the chloroform searches and even though he didn't actually say it, he seemed to concede that KC did have Caylee in the trunk and that KC was the one who discarded Caylee's body as he said something about her not being charged with improper disposal of a corpse (or words to that effect).

I couldn't help wondering if he/KC would have just admitted to those things in the first place if this trial would have taken less than 1/2 the time it did. In fact, I suspect that if KC had admitted those things on July 15th that we really wouldn't have had a trial at all, but that some type of plea deal would have been reached.

But...back on topic...I actually thought to myself a time or two during JB's closing that if this would have been the JB that we'd seen all along that the DT might have had a chance of an acquittal but I think it's too late and the best they can hope for is a hung jury and I sure hope that doesn't happen.

I am watching the rest of JBs closing now because I couldn't earlier. People are saying Mason spoke..but when?? It looks like JP recesses for the evening before Mason spoke. Can anyone help me out here?

Here is the thread for CM's closing remarks:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143014"]2011.07.03 Defense (CM) Closing Arguments #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I tried to find the footage on wftv, but it does seem to go right from JB to HHJP recessing. Maybe they forgot to put up CM's hourlong speech so far.

He pretty much admits she dumped the body after blaming it on GA the whole trial. Of course she dumped the body that was in the trunk. Does he think the jury will think she walked it there? Please.

He actually managed to call KC a *advertiser censored*-when no one else did, no one else ever referred to her sex life at all. Like picking up Alpaca poop, it was awesome.

Jose couldn't close an umbrella, ella ella....
He steps on his own points. He gets so excited when he thinks he's onto something, he stomps on his statement by throwing a keyword that makes the jury immediately think of something I'm sure he did not intend.
Pathetic. MOO

I'm only half way through watching it and can't believe how many times he's violated the court's orders regarding closing arguments. The way he mocks the prosecution, called a witness "fantasy man", not to mention calling his own client a sl*t.

I had to stop it and comment here at the part where he says George has not one ounce of paternal instinct, how he wouldn't "fall on the sword" (lie) for Casey - Cindy tried, and Lee tried, but George didn't because George only cares about George.

Well I'm sorry, but I disagree, George CARED ABOUT CAYLEE!!! - and that's why he didn't lie!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back