2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the jury remain sequestered after the verdict and before the penalty phase?

Can someone clarify this for me (I know I should know this but I'm having a brain fart)....

was the anything but clothes party DURING the 31 days?

It was in May-around the 24th. My sil was invited.

So I watched the OJ Simpson case pretty much in the same way and felt beyond sickened and shocked by the verdict. I really think this part is mental torture. Can you imagine this being a part of your job on a regular basis?? (waiting on verdicts)

I was arrested on a domestic and spent three days in jail in lock down. No pillow,blanket,toothbrush,soap,toilet paper,lights on 24/7.Hell. I would rather have death than being in prison for my whole life. My arrest was about my ex taking my daughter for over a day without any calls.When he brought her back I told him I was going to kill him and he was already on the phone with 911 and they heard me. I have only had one ticket in my life and being arrested was an eye opener.Huge! I was in jail not prison but omg I can't imagine. I was stripped searched and could not even have a cup to drink water out of. I would think for her to have life would be worse than death.

Oh, ella, my heart goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, simply trying to protect your daughter. Prayers for you, friend. From what I have seen and read, I agree that LWOP is worse than death.

I pray that once all of this if over, the Anthony's are able to have a somewhat normal life. Say what you want, but Cindy & George appeared to be wonderful grandparents. Although no child will ever be able to replace Caylee, perhaps Lee can help fill the void left by giving them another grandchild. I can't imagine the emptiness of their home & hearts. Casey is a selfish witch who has singlehandedly destroyed the lives of everyone around her.

Would length of jury deliberations give the DT any grounds for appeal? Meaning would a quick verdict be bad in that sense?

I do too. I think after the SA's rebuttal, the case was done.

I think that when the jury's instructions are finished that they will go to lunch and then to deliberate. I really believe that there will be a verdict today around 5pm. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for justice for Caylee!

I hear that we will have 20-30 minutes notice but they must have more time to get her from her cell and dressed before they male official notice

I am going to run some errands I didn't get to do yesterday, since it took all day for the DT. I will die if I get a tweet that the verdict is in and I can't get to a TV. Surely they will give media (and me) time to get to court house.

I believe that if Casey goes to prison for life she will resume contact with her family (she needs money, sympathy etc) and tell them that Baez "forced" her to accuse George and Lee. They will feel "sorry" for her and be happy to indulge her.

You are most likely correct. She will say it was Baez however her father will never forgive her . He is done with her, He washed his hands of her right there in the court room. CA may buy it as she is her Mom... Lee I can not even fathom where he stands in all this mess...

"Even if you don't like the laws, you must use them."

Would length of jury deliberations give the DT any grounds for appeal? Meaning would a quick verdict be bad in that sense?

No, whatever the jury decides and any time they choose, short or long time, have nothing to do with appellate issues. Appellate issues are legal mistakes made during Trial.

Sorry if this has been asked - I zoned out for a bit.

When they elect a foreman, they will have to have some inkling of who is and is not an alternate, right?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury....

sends chills run down my spine

Yesterday, I was teetering on the 'pre-meditation' factor in Caylee's death. I no longer have that question in my mind. I also believe that not only is Casey guilty of pre-meditated 1st degree murder, or felony murder as a result of aggravated child abuse leading to death of a minor child, but that she should receive the ultimate penalty.

Certainly, the Anthonys have a _very understandable_ interest and prayer that their daughter not be put to death. I would be the same if I were in their shoes. I suspect that most people here would feel the same.

However, the problem for me in giving LWOP, is the fact that the citizens of Florida are inclusively an aggrieved party, because of Ms Casey's delaying, lying actions.

Also, many others, including Roy Kronk and even Casey's own father were specifically slandered and even accused of very serious crimes by her DT, at Casey's direction.

This fiasco has cost the citizens of Florida an excessive amount of tax dollars because of her pouting lies and selfishness which burned resources better used for other things (schools? teachers? more police protection? pothole repair?) that are _far_ more important than her massive selfish ego.

The citizens deserve to have that sort of _very expensive_, lying behavior deterred in the future.

The decison for me would be 1st degree pre-meditated murder and the ultimate sanction for this self-centered murderess. I believe the jury will deliberate the balance of today, the 4th, and return their verdict in the morning, after sleeping on their decision.

My rapidly shrinking 2 cents.

BBM :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members