2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning All! This morning I did something I have never done before for the last three months. That is - I got up and instead of logging into this site, and if appropriate, whatever online TV cam that was showing the courtroom, I just switched on my TV.

I have been concerned about why there is so much concern on the board about whether or not ICA might get acquitted or get a life sentence, and how the evidence didn't show motive or just wasn't there or......WTH? Wondered if I'd dropped into an alternate reality or something.

People talking about how hard JB worked for his defendant all this time, what a good guy is is.....those kinds of comments are really puzzling to someone like me whose been watching every hearing, reading all the depos, listening to jury selection and then every day of the trial. The truth is JB loafed around with his face in the media for 2.5 years, did nothing and then had to actually do some work, and did an extremely sloppy job of it, to even put on a case in front of this jury.

But I've got it figured it. What I did this morning was not come on line - I sat down and watched.....HLN! Awww - I see the problem! You see, I also for the first time watched HLN last night. I watched JVM on her program say the SA didn't have a case, then saw her on the Dr. what's his name say the SA crucified the Defense theories. And all the TH's back and forth.

But when I watched HLN this morning, I thought - what case are they even talking about! What they said last night - they've taken a completely different view this morning - completely muddying the facts, with TH's who have obviously not really even read about the case let along spent a day watching the trial. All this talk about having to prove motive, cause of death blah blah.

If this is what people are considering their primary news source :floorlaugh:, then I completely understand all the apprehension about the case. Watching HLN about this case is like watching "All The Days of Our Lives" if I want to know what is happening in world or local news reports. Too funny but also kind of sad.

You nailed it LG. Same thing with the cable news stations just depends on the point of view they have decided they will air and same thing with major networks. Even the financial news networks see the day to day financial outlooks in a varied manner.

But I've got it figured it. What I did this morning was not come on line - I sat down and watched.....HLN! Awww - I see the problem! You see, I also for the first time watched HLN last night. I watched JVM on her program say the SA didn't have a case, then saw her on the Dr. what's his name say the SA crucified the Defense theories. And all the TH's back and forth.

But when I watched HLN this morning, I thought - what case are they even talking about! What they said last night - they've taken a completely different view this morning - completely muddying the facts, with TH's who have obviously not really even read about the case let along spent a day watching the trial. All this talk about having to prove motive, cause of death blah blah.

*respectfully snipped and bolded for brevity* LG, awesome post as usual!

Unfortunately, HLN/MSM aren't the only ones guilty of this practice...

:loveyou:
I like these Better....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

yuri-melich-1-0601.jpg

:loveyou:

images

Y'all have probably already talked about this. This mornings tweets say many of the jurors are more dressed up than they have been previously. One is even wearing a suit. Could that mean a verdict today?

I believe SP's jury WAS sequestered. Please correct me. Anyone?

I remember them being protected and the bus bringing them to the courthouse could not pass by the boat that Geragos hauled in as a slap to Laci's family. I remember that they ate together and the location was kept secret.

Waiting for a correction. Thank you
They weren't.

IIRC, one of the jurors said while the trial was going on, he had someone come up to him and yell that SP was guilty.

THAT.....is actually a very good question. Wonder if any of the attorneys on here can answer that????

ODDLY enough I was thinking it should happen opposite. I was thinking give her death penalty and then if appellate court finds anything can can change it to LWOP rather than have a new trial

Hey where is Teh! Whenever Teh goes for a nap, something always happens :)

MOO

Mel

I'll make the sacrifice....:floorlaugh: Let me get the dog back in and I'll hit the couch. Ya'll get ready for something........:great:

Can someone clear up the nurse comment? I am curious... there are many rumors here, what's wrong with another one?

It wouldn't be a rumor if someone could say what it was CA testified to (or began to testify to) that might have caused some to have an 'aha' moment would it? I don't recall seeing a breakfast video either. What did it show?

(I don't know what CA said, just read it brought up on this thread)

Well im at work, so the only thing I can watch is the WTFV feed. I have always felt the need to defend JB, but I just havent spoken up before. I'm not saying that JB is the best attorney in the world or anything. It's just that I've read people saying things like JB is just as bad or like Casey. What? I totally disagree. Any defense attorney taking on a high profile case like this is looking to make or enhance their career. They sure aint doing it out of kindness or money. They are looking to make a name for themselves. The OJ Simpson team is one example how one case can make an attorney a household name. Cases like this bring more high paying clients.

I just cant see JB as a villian. If he is a villian then so is CM and the others. They have also worked hard on this case as well. I just dont think it is fair to emotionalize a defense attorney's motives or the tactics used during a case. It may seem ruthless to the average person, but thats how the game is played in court. Its competitive. Go hard or go home. You are there to win at all cost for your client. I would think if JB didnt anything remotely illegal or unlawful he would have been in trouble or possible pulled from the case. The goal is to win and not feel sorry for that person. Feeling sorry for them wont get them acquitted.

With most lawyers its never personal when it comes to their clients. If they get convicted or set free its nothing like having a close relationship with a family member or friend. You have to seperate those emotions or you will get caught up. Its hard especially if you are working with that person for years, but I honestly dont see JB as that kind of person to get too attached to his client. He did his job and now he's probably ready for it to end.

I just posted this a little ways up, but SP jurors were not sequestered. They knew a lot more than just what was presented in court and they knew how much the world felt he was guilty. One juror said people would come up to him in the street and yell that Scott was guilty and to make him fry. That plays a role in it all, IMO. I really am nervous because this jury doesn't know half of what we know.

http://www.modbee.com/2004/02/27/126755/jury-wont-be-sequestered.html

Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about the ModBee for a LONG time....spent a LOT of time there.....

Thank you for the link! This is very interesting when you think of the penalty phase. There was one person who was holding out due to Peterson's good deeds and lack of criminal record.

What good deeds can be established for Casey? Will this jury consider these things? Who would claim her good deeds? I do not think the jury would consider anything Cindy says about good deeds...:waitasec:

No good deeds by ICA that I can remember. She also has a criminal record, which will come in. On the other hand, JB can bring in the sex abuse as a major mitigating factor (see Susan Smith case), ICA's youth, no prior child abuse or violence, etc. The penalty phase (if there is one) is going to get very ugly, IMO.

I'm on pins and needles here.....

PLEASE GOD, JUSTICE for Caylee.

oh come on, it was just a HallCam mugging that snowballed out of control.

Seriously, can you imagine ANY other atty. in this trial mugging for the hallcam like that? Linda Drane Burdick? Cheney Mason? ANY of them?

Well, according to an HLN host yesterday, he is a "ROCK STAR". barf.

My son is a defense attorney who is completely committed to giving the best defense he can to his clients.

He's disgusted by Baez.

There are several responses that CA made regarding ICA and Caylee.
As a pediatric nurse for 22 years red flags were flying!!!
There is a nursing student, and a peds nurse who is in crisis intervention.
IF they caught her comments... and IF they shared them with the jurors... once they all got their chins off the floor, she just might walk.

It was subtle but he slid it in
The crisis nurse caught it I bet ?
I need to know what juror # she is..
What were the responses that set the red flags flying?

Oh this is torture. It all boils down to these jurors. Nothing else matters.

If the Juy comes back with LWOP and is appealed, how long will the Appeal process take??

TIA

They weren't.

IIRC, one of the jurors said while the trial was going on, he had someone come up to him and yell that SP was guilty.
Thanks to Serjen and Turnadot for the correct info.

Well, now I'm nervous for THAT jury. They should have been. :floorlaugh: What was the judge thinking???? Thanks guys. My stomach hurt during those waiting hours for the SP verdict.

Remember San Quentin Visitor? Everything she predicted for SP has come true. He is no longer the precious recipient of anything special as his appeals slog through the CA courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361