2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard the same thing from other defense attorneys.

Also, I have been thinking about this 'all is fair' attitude that defense attorneys should throw anyone and everyone they can under the bus to create reasonable doubt. That makes me sad for our society. I think it is so unfair that there are many many people out there that believe GA to be an abuser without a shred of evidence to prove it. :(

I'm not saying that all DT are like that, but to be honest with you guys the really good ones are. When they defend a rapist what happens? They bring up the sexual history and behavior of the rape victim. They will bring in who she dated and what she did with who and why. It almost becomes as if the victim is on trial. This is just one example of what a good criminal defense lawyer does.

When corporations get caught stealing money from clients. Those defense attorneys go over and over with the accountants on how the books can be interpeted as something else.

This happens everyday. I dont understand how you sleuthers could be shocked over this...

No, she shouldn't. Should have been given the death penalty. The abuse excuse saved her.

Thank God that Baez's pitiful attempt to implicate George for same was a total bust.

umm in the jail ICA says oh meee.tooo!
we are like the same person then on the stand
Jose asks CA if she and ICA are the same.
if people tell them that often.
Then he gets CA to repeat it after discussing the pregnancy.
brb looking for link! http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138056&page=2

Ok, I'm sorry but I'm still lost. What exactly are you thinking happened here? What are you hoping the nurses on the jury grasped from these comments?

In the jail video when Casey says " Me too, We are like the same person" she is referring to her and Caylee because they both like the same kind of breakfasts. To me, this was just yet another comment by Casey wanting to get attention because God forbid Caylee get more attention than her. Casey was very jealous of Caylee. She's so ridiculous she can't even stand for her mother to talk about what Caylee likes for breakfast.

Are you saying that when Casey said that she was talking about her and Cindy?

Can somebody wake the lip readers up this morning. Please. TIA

12 people can't possibly agree on "Not guilty." JMO
But I think any verdict less than 1st-degree may cause LE serious problems in Orlando area. I've been worried about that.

And I think that we will be so interested in ICA's reaction and that of her family and the DT we will at least be distracted by that, at least at first.

Just checking in to see how my friends are holding up. Sheesh! I'm a wreck. I can only imagine what the Anthony family is going through. :seeya:

IDK, there's a time and place for everything, and Baez hamming it up for the camera when his client's life is on the line gives me the creeps.

It seemed creepy and weird. I kept expecting people to follow him out and start singing and dancing. My husband will enjoy it, he doesnt follow the case or any case but did watch some of the closing arguments. He thinks his strategy was to confuse the jury and that he did a good job.

I'm not saying that all DT are like that, but to be honest with you guys the really good ones are. When they defend a rapist what happens? They bring up the sexual history and behavior of the rape victim. They will bring in who she dated and what she did with who and why. It almost becomes as if the victim is on trial. This is just one example of what a good criminal defense lawyer does.

When corporations get caught stealing money from clients. Those defense attorneys go over and over with the accountants on how the books can be interpeted as something else.

This happens everyday. I dont understand how you sleuthers could be shocked over this...
Not shocked; repulsed.

And no, not all really good defense attorney's put the victim on trial, and ruin the lives of innocent bystanders - just the amoral ones.

My opinions...

I did not see GMA but I am curious what Dan Abrams take on this case was if you'd like to share. TIA

On the days when I was able to catch the segment, he seemed pretty neutral
and gave each side props when props were due. There were a few times when it seemed like he was leaning to the defense's side but I think it was probably because he was speaking with NG and was encouraged to do so. I couldn't even tell you what he said this morning (so I'm probably no help, haha) because NG wouldn't let him get a word in edgewise. She was extremely rude.

Oh my....I'm reading "Mommy's Little Girl" on my Kindle...just got to this part:

Casey's friend Amy is talking about how Casey and Cindy both were consistent with discipline. "No" meant "no". But, Amy wasn't always comfortable with Casey's parenting...she didn't like that she brought Caylee to poker night etc...but, "she'd put her to bed on the couch and the kid slept through anything...it was amazing."
WS discussions talked about this in detail on the chloroform threads. At the upper right corner of the page is a search engine.

Can someone please slip a note to the jury? LG asks they not return a verdict for half an hour because she has to walk her very anxious pups?

Thanks so much. They seem like a nice bunch - I'm sure they will understand.

I am waiting for them to put up the piece from this morning.I did catch ICA tell DS she was freakin out!!If anyone sees before me-let me know! Thanks

I see Mr. Hornsby here this morning.....

Richard, can you tell us what the vibe is, in your area, as to what the verdict will be.

Thanks for being here!

My mom, God rest her soul, lived to be 88. She lived with me for 3 years before having to go to assisted living, then sadly a nursing home.

I had 2 inside cats - she hated inside animals. I would come home and find them soaking wet (she would squirt them with a squirt bottle all around the house) and one day I came home to find salt sprinkled over all of my counter tops...the cats would jump up on the counter and she thought if they jumped up into the salt, they would slip off. :floorlaugh:

She also watered all of my artificial plants and flower arrangements. I kept smelling this horrible smell, finally realized there was stale water in the vases. :great:

I lost her last year and miss her greatly.

O/T but mine was 88 and had Alzheimers. We spent many an hour hunting her wedding rings or false teeth because she would remove them and hide them in the house then call us to help her find them becase she couldn't remember. lol

Yikes, JVM says Phil Spector jury deliberated 19 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member