Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I can log in. Server been down for me since before verdict.

I am indeed heartbroken. Been crying.

I was for sure this was a slam dunk for prosecution....until Baez's closing statements. And then I went "uh oh".

Casey is guilty. Who is there for Caylee? Caylee...we are. We don't know you. We love you.

I'm not religious. But my mom and I were texting each other after the verdict and I wrote her "I sure wish I could believe in heaven right now" and she said "trust me, there is a heaven" and I could only reply "at this point, I'll take your word for it".

George and Cindy Anthony quietly left the courtroom after the verdict...

No joy, no celebration, no attempt to approach their murdering daughter.

Actions > words.

Title of this thread is exactly how I'm feeling...

I am sick to my stomach and heartbroken for Caylee...no justice for her today. A travesty of justice; I have lost all my faith in the judicial system (at least today).

This jury must have suspended all logical thinking; not even aggravated child abuse or manslaughter. They bought all of Baez' and the DT's lies -- they had to in order to come to this verdict. How ironic -- now we have to watch the media scramble to interview Casey, make her and her DT rock stars so they can continue to lie about what happened? Lies upon lies upon lies... I am stunned and it will take me months to get over this injustice....

I think most of us feel the same way today. We feel sick, shocked, and heartbroken because of this verdict. We want to know why Caylee was taken away. Why did she suffer? And why is no one being made to pay for this hideous crime? We want life to be fair. We want to make it fair.

If you have faith that all things will eventually be made whole, then be patient. You know it's coming.

Otherwise, do what you can. Learn from this experience. Serve on a jury. Consider working with kids in foster care. Speak up if you see a child being mistreated. Think of all the things that could have gone differently in Caylee's life if only someone had done/said something sooner. It's not a waste. Feeling sick to your stomach and heartsick is good in a way. It means you're not a psychopath.

So this means in Florida a person can let their helpless 2 yearold go " missing" not report it...have her turn up murdered with the only evidence pointing at the mother...NOONE ELSE HAS BEEN IMPLICATED...and a murderer wAlks free. Outrageous! So then who the h#!! Did it? Did she duct tape her own mouth and bag herself up and lay down in a darn swamp to decompose? I have never seen such a miscarriage of justice. I am hearttbroken to say the least. That jury should be ashamed.

Watching video right now of the defense team at a bar "celebrating" with tequila shots. Do u think they'll do a toast for caylee???? :sick:

Those attorneys are going to want to keep her as close to them as they can - They all want to have one hand in her pocket (some of them more than others).

Whoever can keep her happy will get their share of the profits for sending this murderer back on the streets.

I wonder if she will move in with the good looking lawyer she was flirting with at the end. A girl like her will be looking for a good lay right off the bat.

I just can't get over the verdict and the fact that CA didn't really love Caylee as much as the act she put on when she was on the stand.

I am sick so sad and don't have faith in justice. Wonder if Lee was not in court because he thought this would happen?

I am shocked and appalled right now, but the one thing I am grateful for is having a place to go where everyone feels the same. I'm at work trying not to cry and when I get home my husband just will not explanation my tears for a baby I never met. So I am glad to have others in the same spot, though saddened that we're here. How? How did this happen? What trial were they watching where Casey wasn't guilty of anything related to her death? I think the jury wanted to go home. The fact that not one was brave enough to speak is very telling. We need an explanation, and their decision defies explanation.

Am am sickened and heart broken over the injustice Caylee was served today. All I can think of as I had to step away for a while was Casey's next moves. Her basking in glory as she plays games with the news channels fighting for the first interview. The money she will make on those interviews, the books, etc. How much she will LOVE it when approached by movie directors and having her egotistical say in who will play her. The boob jobs, the new hair style, the shopping.

But what sent me over the edge was realizing that she was now free to again become pregnant and wonder how long it will be before she brings another life into this world to destroy again somehow. She is free to breed and that terrifies me. I can only imagine her saying she is doing it in Caylee's honor or some twisted sheet as that. Makes me ill.

My husband says that as hated as she is, she wont be on this earth long. One can hope fate will right wrongs in some manner...

What SHOCKS me is that they didn't even find her guilty of the lesser murder charges. I AM FEELING SICK. I bet the prosecution AND Judge Perry are feeling sick. 12 jurors who probably got in wanting to find her not guilty. That is the only explanation I can find. 12
Stealth jurors. The ones who were HONEST admitted that they thought she was guilty. These 12 jurors fooled us all.

She will have the same type of life O.J. did and we know how that has turned out. He did not get book or movies deals. No one is going to pay to read or see the story of a person getting away with murder. No one is going to want to be associated with her. What man would want to risk even having a family with her? She may have be found guilty by this jury but in the court of public opinion she is still a child
killer. It is what it is.

I think the most Casey will get is a book deal. As for movie deals I doubt it. I don't even think Lifetime would be stupid enough to get involved with the Anthonys. Movie studios, screenwriters and producers wouldn't waste money making movies about this case. Casey's reputation will always be tarnished. Many people will not want to associate with her because they would always be questioning if she did it or not. Also her accusations against Lee and George will never be proven and I can people wanting stay away with her because of those possibly false accusations.

I feel absolutely sick over it too! I wish I had a Valium or Xanax right now because I really feel like I need one.

I had my doubts that she would be found guilty of 1st degree murder but she should have been found guilty of SOMETHING!! Whether it was intentional or an accident, as a mother you are responsible for the well being of your children. If something happens to your child it is your job to do what you can to protect that child, in life and death. You cannot just dump your child like a piece of trash and continue on your life as if they didn't matter. At the very least it was a negligent homicide..

Wasn't she initially charged with child neglect just for "leaving her with a babysitter that kidnapped her?" In the same line of thought, shouldn't she have been found guilty of the manslaughter charges for her "accidental death and the cover-up?"

Another OJ moment... can't help feeling that sequestration of Juries leads to them punishing the system.

Yeah, I imagine the jurors might begin to identify with the defendant after being isolated from normal human contact for awhile. And also feel less interest in rendering a verdict that they know reflects what most people want.

So frustrating!

JMO

I hope Cindy is prosecuted for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Is there any hope that ICA can be prosecuted for a federal crime?

And I also hope Mr. Morgan gets every dime ICA ever gets her hands on to satisfy ZFG's claim.

The State Attorney said it all when he said that because of the delay in finding Caylee's remains most likely resulted in this miscarriage of justice.

It is a sad fact but society values the life of an adult more than that of a child.

Rest in Peace Caylee.

I am in shock like the rest of you. One thing that keeps popping into my head is something a lawyer friend said to me after the OJ trial:
"Not guilty is simply a legal term. It means the evidence did prove guilt to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt. It DOES NOT mean innocent."

I will continue to pray that justice is somehow served.

I'd gladly sign a petition that any Florida juror eligible to sit on a capital case be required to first take a basic intelligence test like the Wonderlic to qualify for consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa