2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
N/T...you'll know this...or someone else might. Did Karla Holmolka (sp) change her name?

Yes she did. Leanne Teale is her new name.
She lived in my mom's neighbourhood right after she was released from prison. Got a new name, new look and a new boyfriend and baby. Moved to the Caribbean to live happily ever after.

I'm hoping Judge Perry will add the new sentence onto her old sentence consecutively. Maybe she can still be incarcerated a few years?

Oh my goodness, does anyone remember that Murt guy???? Is he still around???

I had initially posted this in another thread last night, I couldn't really find a thread to post my feelings on all that had transpired yesterday in response to the verdict. I could truly care less about what happens to the Anthonys at this point. I believe a majority of us would be more comparing & compassionate about the families fate has they ALL not obstructed justice, perjured themselves repeatedly, etc. I'm a parent myself, my children are still fairly young & didn't come easily to me, I struggled for many years with infertility, after many years, many tears & many losses, I gave birth to TRUE preemie triplets @ 28 weeks, (my littlest one weighed 1lb 2oz) lost my beautiful son shortly after his 2nd birthday, my point in sharing that info is that I would do ANYTHING to protect these precious gifts that I was blessed with after many years of agony.... ANYTHING except for covering/lying for them so that they aren't held accountable for their actions! Call it tough love, call it whatever you like, but when we start covering for/cleaning up messes for our children when they are young, we end up with a society full of people like Casey, individuals who feel they are entitled to do whatever they please with no consequences..
I truly feel that whatever happens to the Anthonys from this point forward in regard to Casey, has only been brought on by themselves. Do I believe she is a sociopath? Most definitely...but she has lived a lifetime having her ego stroked & her bad behavior go unpunished by these parents, who NOW, by their constant enabling, will have the benefit of enjoying the "fruits of their many years dysfunctional labor"
My heart has been breaking all day after the verdict was read... I've cried, I've questioned, I've gotten mad, I've prayed & I'm nothing short of emotionally exhausted at this point.... The ONE thing I take comfort in, thru all of this is this... Although her life was cut incredibly short, OUR Caylee will never feel an ounce of pain again, she will never have to be afraid of the person who gave her life, she won't have to grow up with sociopathic cold blooded killer for a mother & she is a far better place than all of us. It brings me GREAT comfort to know that she is up there playing with MY little Angel who was taken far too soon, knowing only happiness, peace & love ...

Sonny Hostin seems to think that Casey will not be walking out of jail tomorrow.

Oh my goodness, does anyone remember that Murt guy???? Is he still around???

I wondered whatever happened to him. Didn't he and Padilla clash at some point? IIRC, it was when they searched for Caylee in the river? Padilla was convinced she was there.

Based on the idea that the jury didn't think there was a motive, I am wondering if the prosecution might have been more successful if they had demonstrated more forcefully (before the closing argument) what Casey's reasons might have been. Like if they had started out with opening statement explaining that. Thoughts?

I agree with you completely. I posted this at the start of the trial:

At this point, I'm actually very worried about the trial. SA hasn't focused on motive at all, nor the emotional dynamics of the Anthony family. I know they're not required to show motive, but in a case with this many open questions, I believe it's a serious error not to. Without a clear understanding of motive, the jury may well have enough reasonable doubt to acquit.

If I were fresh to the case and sitting on that jury, seeing only what they are seeing, I might be willing to think a tragic accident happened that ICA covered up in a particularly horrible way. She's clearly a pathological liar, but that began long before Caylee disappeared and seems like her preferred method for dealing with troublesome things. Things that might well include an accidental drowning she was afraid to disclose to her family. The GA story would seem like more of her desperate lies to me, but the line that "your mother will never forgive you!" (paraphrased) would probably ring true. Not as something GA would say, but as something ICA actually said to herself before beginning her cover-up and flight into fantasy. (Please remember I'm speaking as a hypothetical juror here, my actual opinion is that's she's guilty of first degree murder.)

IMO, all the SA has proven beyond a reasonable doubt so far is that ICA is a pathological liar and that Caylee died in mid June and her body was improperly dealt with. That's just not enough for a murder conviction, unless the jury makes its decision on more than just the facts the State appears to be marshalling. I would be heartbroken, but not surprised at this point, to see an acquittal.​

We've had three years to get to know Casey for the sociopath she apparently is. The jury came into this theoretically knowing nothing and obviously did not grasp what they were dealing with.

I will always & Forever hate March 19th & July 5th.

I wondered whatever happened to him. Didn't he and Padilla clash at some point? IIRC, it was when they searched for Caylee in the river? Padilla was convinced she was there.

Yes! And he'd drive that big camper or whatever with a camera on it!

I had totally forgotten about him. I'm surprised he hasn't surfaced.....

If she tries that......ICA will sue her for all the pics she sold.

And I would bet CA would come out the winner. CA & GA were the ones that provided for Caylee. I'm sure it was CA's camera that took the pictures. Therefore making them CA's photos.

I still hope the OCSO goes after every penny she and baez make on this travesty for leading them on their supposed goose chase of a search. If they say it was an accident from the start and they let the searches go on with full knowledge of that (not that I buy that carp for a second) then they should be responsible for all the costs incurred.

Grrrrr...back to hand sitting and walking away. I'm not ready for any of this. I won't be able to stay tos and will start on long winded rants and emotionally bent jags. Most of which would make little sense. hugs all

And I would bet CA would come out the winner. CA & GA were the ones that provided for Caylee. I'm sure it was CA's camera that took the pictures. Therefore making them CA's photos.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure some were, but IDK if they all were.

Special hug to you Tulessa.

I too am shocked to the core. I have lost a sense of innocence and safety, perhaps.

I am sick and weepy. And trying hard to get into daily life things and chores, with no success. The world's a heinous place, just now, to me.

I think Casey was truly judged by 12 of her peers and that's the problem. Obviously none of them wanted to take the time necessary to look at all aspects of this case. They made a quick decision without much forthought and problem solving. Kinda of like Casey putting no thought into how she would explain where Caylee was. All she could think about was having a good time and she would deal with the consequences later.
For me it appears that not one of these jurors is setting the world on fire with their intelligence and common sense. I have to disagree when people say the prosecution did not make their case. I think they did a good job with what they had and presented a much better case than the defense. For me the jury had to believe one of two things: Casey lied because she killed her daughter or she lied because she has been taught to lie from an early age because she was sexually abused. Since they found her not guilty then they must believe in the accident scenario and for me no one in their right minds would believe that. The fact that none of them wanted to talk about the decision says a lot about how they knew it would be received. If you really believe in your decision then you stand up and defend it. Interesting how there was less evidence in the Scott Peterson trial but he was still found guilty. I guess different state. I'm a southern so I hope I can get away with saying this but many of us are not always known for our keen ability to think outside the box or to really lend ourselves to deep thought. At times I feel (my opinion only) that some southerns "just know what we know" no matter the volume of information that proves otherwise.

Yes! And he'd drive that big camper or whatever with a camera on it!

I had totally forgotten about him. I'm surprised he hasn't surfaced.....

Yes, unfortunately, Murt is still around he is still on ustream, I have gone to his site but he is never on. Another strange person.:rocker:

Sonny Hostin seems to think that Casey will not be walking out of jail tomorrow.

What is her reasoning?

I turned on Vinnie this morning but had to turn it back off. I just can't watch it. I am so devastated.

I made a vow to God and Caylee yesterday. That monster will never make one red cent off of me! I will not watch/read any interview she gets paid for, I won't read anything she writes, any movie she does...none of it. She will not make money off of me, EVER. I promise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member