Media Interviews with Case Players (SA/DT) ***Merged**

Ashton wasted no time in hitting the circuit, nor has Baez. I do think some of the "spectator" craziness, like knocking people down, starting fights, cutting in lines, flying in from everywhere, spending family vacations at the courthouse and spending thousands to be there monstrously flies past any look at me the gladiator tour the attorneys might be on.

This thread is to discuss all media interviews with the case players.

Thanks,

Salem

Russell is changing his story again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now he says he doesnt know how she died................. WTF............

Yep, Ive heard him several times talking and he keeps changing his views of the verdict!

Not just three years ago, JB was all over the media for the last three years! Over and over again!

And more important, when the state asked for a gag order, such that NO ONE from either side could talk to the media, JOSE BAEZ AND COMPANY FOUGHT THAT GAG ORDER TOOTH AND NAIL. And now they complain about media bias.

The state never got on the t.v. or did any interviews, until it was over.

I think the public took care of that issue for the prosecution. The defense was, at best, trying to play catch up/damage control. Talking heads were scoring better with tearing down Casey Anthony. That's usually how it works though.

What did JA say about Lee? I caught the last part of it

That he was the most surprising to them. FG basically blindsided when LA went to the other side right on the stand.

That he was the most surprising to them. FG basically blindsided when LA went to the other side right on the stand.

It bothers me they were blindsided by Lee. They never should have been. If they really had studied his deposition they could have seen he was lying in it and should have been ready for him.

If it is discovered that the jury was somehow "rigged" or whatever, can she be re-tried?

We are having a bad thunderstorm here and I just lost satellite. I hope everyone will continue to post. I reallly wanted to watch the entire interview. :(

this alternate juror started out very sure of himself and when he found out that Jeff Ashton was sitting there he started stuttering and stammering.

He was stuttering and stammering on his interview last night with Vinnie - which was over the phone. I think he just didn't rehearse or think about what he was going to say before he said it.

BK: what were u thinking when judge summoned u up to t bench---(tape of JA and JB)
JA: i was just surprised that he screamed at me...

JA: JB had a penchant for making accusations against people...JB and i fought hard; his closing argument was attacking us personally, there were a lot of personal attacks; that's not how it's supposed to be...

BK: he's a rookie...he beat you
JA: ...it was just t facts

showing tape of those waiting to get in courtroom
JA: ...accept it; move on with your lives; it is what it is...

JA saying that if ICA would have taken the stand that LDB would have questioned her. Questions would have been - what were you thinking when you went out to Blockbuster the next day and rented a movie??? Saying she may have to reimburse state for some of their expenses. Good.

Why are you retiring? I've been there 30 years and done everything in the state's attorneys office that you can do. This case was the most complex, everything after this would be boring.

Wow, quite different impression of JA now.

sorry, but he doesn't strike me as exceptionally bright or savvy.

He doesn't seem to have real drive....like when he was asked why they didn't pursue different things (like the argument between ICA and CA) he just pretty much said - no we didn't cuz CA said it didn't happen. Seems like he could have been more ambitious in seeking important info down.

Just my impression. I know no one will agree

JA saying that if ICA would have taken the stand that LDB would have questioned her. Questions would have been - what were you thinking when you went out to Blockbuster the next day and rented a movie??? Saying she may have to reimburse state for some of their expenses. Good.

Why are you retiring? I've been there 30 years and done everything in the state's attorneys office that you can do. This case was the most complex, everything after this would be boring.

Look for Casey to play hide and seek with any money she makes in the future. She will do everything possible to avoid paying any debts she owes. IMO

Wow, quite different impression of JA now.

He doesn't seem to have real drive....like when he was asked why they didn't pursue different things (like the argument between ICA and CA) he just pretty much said - no we didn't cuz CA said it didn't happen. Seems like he could have been more ambitious in seeking important info down.

One word: hearsay. If CA or ICA won't directly admit to the fight there's not really a way for it to get in court. They were the only people present (aside from Caylee). IIRC, it was Jesse Grund who told LE about the fight, JG was told by George, who wasn't even there. Too many degrees of separation.

I just watched the interview with JA and I thought it was a great interview, very nice and candid. We need to realize that he is a lawyer and has tried many, many cases, while this being a very challenging and interesting case, and if a lawyer gets too emotionally involved it could be devastating to them physically and emotionally.
Please, don't get me wrong, I think that the PT was emotionally involved, but, they have also learned and have conditioned themselves to also realize that it was another case.

On the other hand, JB will capitalize on this ONE case, and it will more than likely be a detriment to his career, I mean, look at him already, look at what people already think of him. Look at CM, seriously, that statement he made to the media about the TH lawyers and the gesture he made out the window yesterday......I think by saying and doing those things he just sunk to the level of ICA.
I thought JB at least handled the media much more adultlike.....but, did you notice that he said, "Casey didn't kill Caylee"......I think there is much, much meaning in that statement.....to me it was him saying, "Caylee drowned and Casey freaked".

JMHO

JA says KC may have to pay! (costs of trial, attorneys' fee's etc.) since she was convicted of something.

MOO
I believe (well HOPE b/c I am afraid to believe now) that HHJP will indeed but the hammer on down KC, at least as much as he can. He hasn't really come off as a lenient judge by any means when handling previous instances of law breakers. So I hope he does order KC to pay a mighty fee

She needs to pay the state and citizens of Florida back because if ANYTHING is true it's that KC lied! She lied and lied and lied. She let people give their blood, sweat and tears looking for this precious child with the hope that she had been found alive all while knowing Caylee is dead!

I think the biggest travesty that came out of this case, even bigger than KC getting acquitted is the fact that maybe another child could have been saved but didn't because KC is a pathological and diabolical liar!!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!

One word: hearsay. If CA or ICA won't directly admit to the fight there's not really a way for it to get in court. They were the only people present (aside from Caylee). IIRC, it was Jesse Grund who told LE about the fight, JG was told by George, who wasn't even there. Too many degrees of separation.

I know...I guess it's just that it seemed like JA didn't seem to even think it was important. too nonchalant imho

It seems that threads about Jurors are getting merged with threads about the Lawyers?

Its very confusing to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993