Where did the prosecution go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two words. Jury selection

I think they seriously neglected to go over the physical evidence. They didn't even look at it. The one piece that should have been considered by them was Caylee's pink T Shirt. Cindy had never seen it before, so it was something that ICA had bought and she's the only one who ever had possession of it. And it wound up at the dump site with Caylee.

I think I have a crush on Richard Hornsby...seriously. I agreed with everything he said on the websleuths radio show. The prosecution should have filed more charges on ICA. Other than that I think the prosecution did a good job, also they should have taken to task the accident theory.

They could have added 100 different charges and I don't think this jury would have convicted. They had a host of options but they chose none of those. They seemed way too hung up the murder 1 charge, death penalty and didn't seem to understand the jury instructions.

It just seems like this is where it went wrong... the jury.... (and you know officer not bothering to look for Caylee and freaking out on Kronk).

I think they seriously neglected to go over the physical evidence. They didn't even look at it. The one piece that should have been considered by them was Caylee's pink T Shirt. Cindy had never seen it before, so it was something that ICA had bought and she's the only one who ever had possession of it. And it wound up at the dump site with Caylee.

After hearing from some of them it is clear the jury:

1. Could not understand the forensic evidence
2. did not understand the difference between beyond a shadow of a doubt and reasonable doubt:banghead:
3. did not understand how to analyze circumstantial evidence
4. did not understand there does NOT need to be a cause of death to pass down murder:maddening::banghead::banghead::banghead:
5. were overloaded with forensic evidence (see 1 which adds insult to injury)
6. did not understand lessor included charges, nor did they ask. :banghead:

I'm APPALLED now that these issues have come to light that we can't get a judicial review and mistrial since these issues include the entire jury.....Apalled

The jury selected was the only problem with the states case, other than that, they were great.

The jury got so hung up on COD (cause of death) when COD does not have to be known to prove that a homicide occurred. Look at the Laci Peterson case for a perfect example of that very aspect. And where is Laci's killer? On death row in San Quentin.

The state proved that ICA was the last person to see/be with Caylee, had access to every thing involved including the clothes the body was found in, had motive, had opportunity, had possession of the car, even made incriminating statements of a dead odor on/in the car...and this is before she abandoned the car.

All the elements were there for her to be found guilty of at least manslaughter.

The jury did not understand the rules and laws. They didn't understand COD is not absolutely necessary for a finding of homicide. D'uh.

Errors in which report? Computer or cell phone? Phone pings show her being in the area of the Anthony house on June 16th when both sides said she was there.So the pings meant little.

The errors in the computer reports.

IMO, trying to seek the death penalty. Maybe had they gone for a lesser charge she would have been convicted.

They DID offer lesser charges. For some reason the jury didn't understand this and for that matter, many other people don't get it either.

The jury had the choice of:

- 1st degree murder
- 2nd degree murder
- manslaughter
- felony child abuse

as well as 4 counts of lying to L.E.

They could have selected child abuse or manslaughter. They were NOT required to select Murder 1.

They DID offer lesser charges. For some reason the jury didn't understand this and for that matter, many other people don't get it either.

The jury had the choice of:

- 1st degree murder
- 2nd degree murder
- manslaughter
- felony child abuse

as well as 4 counts of lying to L.E.

They could have selected child abuse or manslaughter. They were NOT required to select Murder 1.

I'd like to know more about why they dismissed the manslaughter charge as well; I don't understand how the murder one charge could have precluded any of the other charges, as some of the jurors have suggested. But was second-degree murder a separate charge? When the verdict was read, I only heard answers to the charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter, and the four counts of lying to law enforcement.

Juror #3 in one of her interviews kept repeating, "if I don't know how she died, how can I determine what the punishment should be?" This was in response to the interviewer's question about manslaughter at the very least.

This jury simply did not get it. They really were uninformed/clueless as to what the state had to prove and what the state did not have to prove.

Ooops, you're right. 2nd degree murder was not on the list. There were a total of 7 charges.

It ain't over... it is never over with her. Something will happen soon... always does.

Where did the prosecution go wrong ? By not contesting the county selected for jury selection ...

You only have to look at OJ Simpson to see what life is like for someone who is believed to have gotten away with first degree murder. See who ends up hanging around them. See the controversy that never ends. The stares, the ridicule, the namecalling.

And ICA will never escape her infamy. Not with the advent of social media, cell phone cameras & videos, she'll be watched whenever she is out and about. She may love it at first, but it will eventually grow tiresome.

She'll always be a pathological liar and a sociopath. So whatever those traits give her will continue. It is not impossible to figure out she will commit some other crime someday. Probably not murder, but there's a lot of trouble she can get into. Baez and Mason can't babysit her forever!

They did show the t-shirt. The letters that were found and then the picture of her in it sitting on the couch with Casey. Don't tell me I am imagining it?

They did show the t-shirt. The letters that were found and then the picture of her in it sitting on the couch with Casey. Don't tell me I am imagining it?

I think that lowens1975 means the jury didn't consider the shirt evidence during deliberations.

You're absolutely right! They showed Caylee in a picture with her murdering mom, with the T-shirt on and then they showed the remnants of that shirt right afterwards, where all that was left were the words...everything else had decomposed/disintegrated.

I remember it very vividly.

This prosecution left nothing out from an evidentiary standpoint.

Unfortunately when people only have the attention span of an average ADHD 10 yr old...well...you see the result. That jury just didn't put together the pieces of everything. Circumstantial Evidence has suddenly gotten a bad rap. How many murders have eyewitnesses or confessions? That's "direct" evidence.

I don't think the prosecution did anything wrong and JB and team shouldn't fool themselves into believing they won. In my opinion the jury was not intelligent enough to understand what they were supposed to do and were simply to lazy to ask for clarification or look at any evidence. So sad for the good people of Florida with all the money that has been spent giving ICA her constitutional rights and continues to be spent trying to keep the peace and protect that family. I can't help but think of all the missing and abused children who would benefit from that money. So sad.

Where did the prosecution go wrong ? By not contesting the county selected for jury selection ...

I agree. Jury if your peers means jury of your peers. Jurors should have come from Orange County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968