• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to turn of my Tv off for a few days because i had such a heavy depressing feeling overwhelming me... Im just totally in shock that these 12 ppl from My State of Florida
did such a disservice to an innocent little child..

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and it may not be next week or next month or next year but Casey Anthony will one day get hers! JMO

Im sure the jurors are wishing they did the right thing also!

I think that is exactywhat happend.
I think the Jurors names should be released they were the voice of the ppl and they really did not get it right. I sure hope they realize what a huge mistake they made.

they never even took the time to talk about it...

What good would it do to release the names? So the public can direct their anger to them personally?

The jury loved, loved Jose Baez..poor judgment on their part.

They did respond to Mr. Baez. I remember learning that he faced the defense table so that the jury would be facing Casey and the defense team. He went out of his way to be friendly, and the jurors did respond to that. The prosecution often came across as arrogant, unfeeling toward Caylee's family and I really, really think JA's "humor" hurt the prosecution aLOT. It made him unlikeable......

The jurors are stuck on dumb. They want DNA when a body was in a swamp for six months? OMG! Somebody just shoot me and put me out of my misery.

There WAS DNA on the tape! It just didn't belong to Caylee or Casey. That really does open up some reasonable doubt, IMO.

Oh I can. It would have gone something like this:

Cmon dude! Vote innocent! There's money to be made.

Bam.
You mean the networks would not have paid for them to speak if they had voted guilty???:waitasec:

I really can't say with any certainty because we haven't heard from all 12 jurors. But based on who we have heard from, there is no way to make their findings valid.

They did not examine ANY of the 400+ pieces of evidence, they talked about the case amongst themselves before deliberation, they did not ask for any clarification from Judge Perry, they only deliberated for 11 hours.

Add to that, the fact that KC admitted (through her att. Jose) that 1)she was there when her daughter drowned, 2) she did not seek medical care, 3) she allowed her father to place her in garbage bags and 4) dump her in the woods.Even if they were naive enough to buy that load of bologna, the part that I have bolded and underlined, at the very least, meets the charge below (which is one of the charges this jury was allowed to choose:

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6months

This is why, I am convinced that someone got to this jury.

KC admitted that Caylee drown in the pool, that she didn't call 911, that she allowed GA to pack her up in some garbage and laundry bags and that she let GA dump her body in the woods.

JOSE TOLD THIS JURY THAT THIS IS WHAT CASEY DID!!!!!

Throw out the chloroform level, throw out the duct tape, throw out the heart sticker, throw out the decomp, throw out the chloroform searches on the computer. Just based on what Jose told the jury the Casey did, if they followed the law, aggravated manslaughter SHOULD have been her verdict at the very least

But don't throw justice out the window and then come seeking money and fame.

Someone got to this jury, IMO.

I'm not sure I agree that someone got to this jury. I think this jury can take credit for this travesty all on their own. I most assuredy think some had stars and dollar signs in their eyes and others just wanted to be done with it so they could go home.

I do, however, agree with the rest of this well laid out post. :)

What good would it do to release the names? So the public can direct their anger to them personally?

They did respond to Mr. Baez. I remember learning that he faced the defense table so that the jury would be facing Casey and the defense team. He went out of his way to be friendly, and the jurors did respond to that. The prosecution often came across as arrogant, unfeeling toward Caylee's family and I really, really think JA's "humor" hurt the prosecution aLOT. It made him unlikeable......

There WAS DNA on the tape! It just didn't belong to Caylee or Casey. That really does open up some reasonable doubt, IMO.

Well if a juror wants to make the big bucks on this i think their names should be released... and theyt know ppl are angry and i dont think they came by their
verdicts honestly! JMO

Well if a juror wants to make the big bucks on this i think their names should be released... and theyt know ppl are angry and i dont think they came by their
verdicts honestly! JMO
Do you suspect that they are lying when they say they were split 6-6, and then shifted to not guilty? ( I do find this weird). And really intended to vote innocent from the get go, to make a national splash??:waitasec:

You mean the networks would not have paid for them to speak if they had voted guilty???:waitasec:

Sensationalism!!!!!!!!!!
the jury gets big money if they vote the opposite of what everyone wants, money talks...

You know, this verdict reminds me of... There is a dead body with a bullet hole through it. Next to the body, is a guy standing there with a smoking gun, but no bullet was ever recovered. The defendant says, It wasn't me, some other guy shot him. The jury lets him go because, no bullet so how could they be sure that it was that gun and that defendant actually did the killing... Someone sitting in the jury seat does not mean justice will be served, obviously. Like the ICA verdict, this is an unreasonable doubt.

I'm pretty sure they would. But why sit and deliberate and ponder the evidence for a week when you can go on n git in a few hours and get the money faster?

Do you suspect that they are lying when they say they were split 6-6, and then shifted to not guilty? ( I do find this weird). And really intended to vote innocent from the get go, to make a national splash??:waitasec:

Its very strange if ya ask me!
I cANT believe 12 ppl all voted innocent no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And not change their minds in that short amount of time...
Im just not buying it.

You know, this verdict reminds me of... There is a dead body with a bullet hole through it. Next to the body, is a guy standing there with a smoking gun, but no bullet was ever recovered. The defendant says, It wasn't me, some other guy shot him. The jury lets him go because, no bullet so how could they be sure that it was that gun and that defendant actually did the killing... Someone sitting in the jury seat does not mean justice will be served, obviously. Like the ICA verdict, this is an unreasonable doubt.

And Not Guilty AS SIN!!!!!!

A better analogy I thought of is this......the jury goes to bed and before retiring looks out the window and sees that the grass is green. When they wake up in the morning the look out and see 6 inches of snow on the grass. They never did see it snow and they say that they cannot connect the dots and say for sure that it snowed last night. It is obvious to everyone that it snowed last night. The 12 from Pinnellas County need a video of it snowing!

You know, that's a really good question.

In my mind there wouldn't be any valid reason they could give for aquittal because I think she's 100% guilty of killing that beautiful child. However...

To make their finding 'valid' to me they need to explain why they didn't consider the lesser charges. They need to explain why they based their decision on the DT's opening statement when they were instructed that this is not testimony. Some said they thought GA was responsible or involved in some way, although that wasn't/couldn't be proven by any testimony. It was only alleged in the OS - which was emotional 'testimony' by Baez himself. And yet they stated that they didnt' base thier decison on emotion - quite a contradiction. They need to explain why the the alternates speak as a collective group with 'we' and 'us' when they never deliberated and were instructed repeatedly that they were not to discuss the matter amongst themselves. These are but a few questions I have.

I would have been content with a guilty verdict of a lesser charge. To find her guilty of nothing but lying? Why exactly do they think she was lying then? And what about?

Isn't that the tragic irony!

yes, they got it wrong

from what has been revealed so far, they deliberated on what they were not allowed to....motive, cause of death and punishment

It makes me want to cry and never stop. Will any of us ever here you are my sunshine and not think of an adorable little girl singing it to her ggf on fathers' day and then hiding her head under the tablecloth. You want to reach out and hug and kiss her. I want tho scream from my the top ojn my lungs, WHY WHY WHY

Well ABC took them and their families to Disneyworld!!!!!!
Let a child killer go free and then go to Disneyworld... Something wrong with that pic if ya ask me!

The family of Juror #3 says she is being compensated for her interviews. Wonder if this is true? Her family may be upset about the verdict and outing her.

I had to turn of my Tv off for a few days because i had such a heavy depressing feeling overwhelming me... Im just totally in shock that these 12 ppl from My State of Florida
did such a disservice to an innocent little child..

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and it may not be next week or next month or next year but Casey Anthony will one day get hers! JMO

Im sure the jurors are wishing they did the right thing also!

Here, Here, Eileen! This is my hinky thought as well. I said three years ago that perhaps the best thing ever would be for ICA to get outta jail. There are alot of people in this world that don't look favorably upon her regardless of the jurys (outrageous and erroneous IMHO) decision. Where is ICA going to be able to LIVE?

This verdict makes me sick. Thus far there has been no true justice for Caylee Marie. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Back to the lake I go to sulk and be saddened.

These 12 Jurors are no better than any other Jury that has sat and served on a high profile case. It's a matter of principal and a matter of law. Their names should be public record. IMO

The prosecution came across as arrogant and unfeeling towards Caylee's family??

Who may I ask, accused Caylee's JO JO of sexually molesting her mother during his opening argument?

....accused Caylee's JO JO of covering up her death and throwing her little body in a swamp?

.....accused Caylee's Uncle Lee of trying to sexually abuse her mother

The DNA on the duct tape belonged to FBI Lab Tech.,Lorie Gotteman. She testified to that fact at trial.

edited to add:When did it become necessary for atty's to play up to a Jury in order for them to do their jobs?

the jury did not get it wrong....the prosecution team DID NOT do their job, IMO! The anger and derogatory statements directed towards the jurors is mis-directed. And, knowing now that Jeff Ashton postponed retirement to handle this case and seeing him on the Today show the morning after the verdict was handed down, it is now my opinion that his motivation was not finding justice for Caylee but to make a name for himself to help his career endevors after retirement.

the jury did not get it wrong....the prosecution team DID NOT do their job, IMO! The anger and derogatory statements directed towards the jurors is mis-directed. And, knowing now that Jeff Ashton postponed retirement to handle this case and seeing him on the Today show the morning after the verdict was handed down, it is now my opinion that his motivation was not finding justice for Caylee but to make a name for himself to help his career endevors after retirement.
But what more could he have done? Some say if they had just charged her with manslaughter, that would have stuck....but they had that option, and discarded it. Just curious, not being snarky, what could Ashton have done differently?

Um, he already had a name for himself. He's the one that introduced dna into trials in Orlando years ago.

As I understand it, he was *asked* to postpone retirement.

If you listen to his interviews, he is trying to tell people to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie