Who will make the most money? Includes various book discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn on this. On one hand, this is America, so I could see ICA becoming a millionaire. I'm absolutely disgusted by this, but it could happen. On the other hand, Casey will be a social pariah, and any company that publishes her book or pays her for interviews will be met with a lot of controversy and boycotts. After all, even the *advertiser censored* company didn't want to be associated with ICA. That's a promising sign. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who buys anything that will benefit Casey financially -- and contribute to her living the good life -- has Caylee's blood on their hands.

What of all her talks from her jailhouse letters about moving to some south american country once she was out? I can still see that happening. She will more likely lay low for a few months before popping back up in the media's consciousness when she does an interview for 20/20 or something.

I can't imagine seeing her being a celebrity, even a much reviled one. But her image in the public could change, as people can be fickle. Personally, I'm jealous as hell this girl gets to lead the jet-setting, 'bella vita' life that she envisioned. Do you know about the law of attraction and visualizing your ideal future? It may have happened through very convoluted means for ICA but it sure does look like she got exactly what she desired against all odds.

Anyway, freedom is freedom. I don't think the thought of striking rich is at the top of her mind right now. Going from facing down the prospect of a lifetime wasting away in prison versus walking free again, the high she must be feeling now must be near euphoric.

This is a great forum with a lot of people who care about Caylee and are sick that justice did not prevail. However, as American's we have our VOICE. Companies will not pay Casey or anyone associated with her if they can clearly hear and understand our outrage. The only way she will not profit is if we remain dedicated in our refusal to listen to interviews, buy books or show interest in a movie. The public can keep Casey broke if we stick together.

I just hope no one buys a book from any of the jurors. What could they write about? Special breaks and what was on the dessert tray? They certainly can't write about the trial cause they didn't pay attention!

I don't believe the DT or Casey will do well. Oddly the very Media JB used and then condemned will be the very undoing for all of them. Casey is not going to live a normal or prosperous life aka bella vita. The Jury isn't either and any monies they get will not make up for the life they will live 'after the verdict'. Its not just this State, this reached all parts of the globe and although the saying is people are fickle & forget... in this case I don't believe that Caylee will ever be forgotten or unsupported. Maybe in fact the Jury did sentence her to a life of hell 'outside of prison'.... who's to know for sure.

I just hope no one buys a book from any of the jurors. What could they write about? Special breaks and what was on the dessert tray? They certainly can't write about the trial cause they didn't pay attention!

:floorlaugh: ITA

This story will fade when the next horrific crime happens. Maybe the FCA and DT will wait as long as they can to cash in on the tragedy. However with social media (FB, etc.) being the way it is now, it is possible to keep these people from profiting because we can get the word out instantly to our friends NOT to buy any books, etc. these people try to publish. and if there is a Caylee's law passed, that term will be used A LOT from this point forward, which will keep it fresher in our minds.

Nancy Grace.

or perhaps Dr. Drew (relatively speaking). I expect he'll get a huge bounce from this.

:cow:

The story will fade, but it will always ignite something in people. Look at OJ...I was in tenth grade when he was found not guilty and I remember that day, and the shock and rage, like it was yesterday. I would never, even this many years later, buy anything or watch anything he was a part of. I think a lot of people will feel this way about Casey.

I find it very interesting that we've seen JA on every show possible and I don't think he got paid for doing any of them. I know Dr. Drew said he was not paid to be on his show. And then there is JB. He's only done one interview so far to my knowledge, with Barbara Walters. I imagine they "licensed" something from him and he got paid somehow. Other than that he's been awfully quiet. I hope, I hope he's just sitting in his office just waiting for the phone to ring. I love, love that Paradiem dropped him. I don't think the pay day is out there. People don't want to see his cocky smug face.

I do think people will buy and read a book by Cindy. I also think a JA book would do well. Yuri too. ICA better learn to type or something though because I just don't think anyone wants to touch her. There is too much backlash just on her attorney, it's going to be worse for her. Life isn't going to be easy for Ms. Casey. People were outraged by OJ's book 10 years later (or whatever it was) No way they are going to let ICA cash in on murdering her daughter.

Paradiem didn't drop JB for any reason relating to Casey or the trial. Paradiem represents
a major talking head who got totally upset because JB didn't give this talking head the first tv interview. This talking head pressured Paradiem to drop JB or the talking head would cancel their representation

Well I hope Cindy and George make enough money to move! I feel sorry for their neighbors they need peace..and they aren't ever going to get it living next to the Anthonys

This talking head pressured Paradiem to drop JB or the talking head would cancel their representation

Please excuse my skepticism here. But respectfully I say this. How could one possible put any validity in a press release for a media representation company that deals in half truths at best. Think about it please. A PR release from PR firm???

JB public back lash here. And nothing more.

I think ICA, CA, JB, etc. will make a quick buck form IVs, books, etc. early on. They will get good money for the first IV and then no one will really pay again because once they speak it will all be out there. HLN doesn't pay for IVs so my guess is they end up on ABC perhaps with BW.

If books come out I hope everyone bands together and doesn't buy them. I won't contribute one penny to line the pockets of these people from jurors to ICA. If the backlash is big enough they can even pull the books.

I don't know how many are on facebook but there's already a group started to encourage people not to help her profit off of Caylee's death:

http://www.facebook.com/BoycottCaseyAnthony1

I guess it was started immediately after the verdict. I hope many share this sentiment.

One reason why I don't think a lot of people will be interested in what Casey has to say, is because almost everyone who knows about the case believes that she is 100% guilty. Everyone knows that everything that comes out of her mouth will be a lie. Who wants to watch an interview of Casey saying that Zenaida killed Caylee or that Caylee drowned? I have read a lot of opinions about this case, and I've only seen like 1 or 2 people who truly believe that Casey have nothing to do with Caylee's death.

If this case had never gone to trial, then I think Casey would have an easier time "rebuilding" her image, and changing people's minds about her guilt, but the fact that Casey was thisclose to getting LWOP or DP, and it was (most likely) a corrupt jury who stopped her from being convicted, it's going to be extremely difficult for people to ever think of her as an innocent woman.

I think people will buy Cindy's book.

ICA will get $$ for the Lifetime movie (but really, how much would that bring in?), a reality show (if it follows her from day one of release), and interviews. I don't think anyone would buy the book.

I don't think anyone is going to get any sort of Hollywood money - just enough to make me sick but not enough to live forever on.

ETA: ICA might write a book 10 years from now that a lot of people might read. Remember Amy Fisher's book that came out like 15 years later?

They don't need her for movie deals. Public records will be fine. As one talking head said where would the book fall non fiction or fiction. Public disdain is all around. I don't think she would make much. I personally wouldn't see/watch any thing with her or dt. I'm still to mad about the verdict

My vote goes to Jeff Ashton and Yuri Melich. They will move onto jobs in higher education, where they'll be afforded the time to write books and do commentary on other cases. Even though the SA lost the case, lawyers, law students and LEOs will want to read/hear whatever they have to say. And those are the people that have money to spend on a book or a ticket to a speaking engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge