2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel the same way! I went back and reviewed JB statements and the video outside the courtroom where he shoots at the camera before the verdict. somehow, some way <mod snip> it matches the way JB has behaved through this trial. it is the only thing that makes sense now. This is why the jury is not talking. this is why that juror left town and retired from her job? where did she get the money to run? makes no sense. WAKE UP FOLKS! 1+1=2. We need to push for an investigation.

I agree ... this 'NOT GUILTY' VERDICT has JB and CM WRITTEN ALL OVER IT !

Remember that day during Jury Selection when JB had a "SUDDEN EMERGENCY" ? I did NOT believe it then and I certainly do NOT believe it NOW !

Something was up ... something !

I am sorry if it "wrong" to SPECULATE HERE ... we have NO PROOF of any sort of "tampering" but and EVERYTHING --EVERY WORD -- out of the Foreman and Jurors' mouth does NOT make any sense whatsoever !

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Two things:

As to George's "selective memory", there's a lot more reason for George to remember with clarity the last time he saw his grandaughter alive than to remember a THING about the d@mn gas cans, sheesh!

The other thing is something I wondered about all along, but cannot remember where the idea came up. A few of you brought it up in this thread so I know I didn't make this up. I wonder if there were another grandchild that Casey disposed of. She's done this before. A big, nasty Anthony family secret.

This juror must have thought he was law enforcement and figured his "people reading" skills qualified him to investigate George. Forget all the real detective work done in this case, this guy was '10 feet away' listening to George's testimony.

I gotta ask.....what kind of people reading skills does a high school gym teacher think he has??? I certainly don't compare 'does the evidence prove she killed her daughter?' to 'does this kid's excuse ring true?'. But that's just me.

One more thing bugging me about Juror #11 and telling Greta that in his profession, he has to know how to "read people" ...

Juror No. 11 is a physical education teacher in his early 30s.

What does he use his "reading" skills for ? Being able to tell if someone is faking to get out of gym class ?? WTH ? :loser:

<end snark>

Do you think the experienced detectives and prosecution had a little more competence to read people, especially criminals?

There should be a 1 or 2 day jury information school mandatory for capital cases -- what is evidence; what is NOT evidence; what are opening statements; why are there sidebars, etc, etc. There obviously needs to be much more education for jurors. They must be educated that a real trial bears no resemblance to CSI.

BRILLIANT IDEA...this one should not be lost in the shuffle of this case!!!

Orange County Sheriffs Dept. investigators will be giving a Press conference today @ 1:30 pm

Just incase anyone hasn't heard

ICAM. It takes the subconcious thoughts (could I make more with a guilty or not guilty verdict?) out of the equation. It would take ANY QUESTION of that happening out of the public perception of the final verdict.

I've also wondered about having the deliberations secretly recorded, for the Judge's viewing only, to determine if there were any problems with how the verdict was reached. It would be nice to have a stop watch used to know the actual amount of time spent deliberating. The time we have includes eating, electing foreman, reading jury instructions (well, if they actually bothered to do that, only they know).

ITA ... why shouldn't jury deliberations be monitored ? monitored but sealed and never revealed ... unless, of course, juror misconduct results, or the jury is found to have not followed the judge's instructions or not even understood the instructions ?
A ruling could be made by the court, if juror misconduct or jury tampering is found, a mistrial and retrial would happen ... or at the very least an investigation and determination by a higher court ...

Instead the only "check" that's done is the judge asking if they heeded his previous admonitions ... the jury says yes and all is good ... WTH

I too think something needs revamping in our jury system ... big time

If you have disparaging things to say about the jury, please make sure you state it is your opinion.

We're all adults here, so please stop with the name calling. We think you can get your point of view across without it.

We've been extremely lenient, but having to remove all of the name calling is tedious and truly unnecessary when everyone could simply self-censor.

As always,
THANK YOU!
:blowkiss:

I had heard an upset hypocrite Geraldo this weekend trying to justify the validity of this jury to O'Reilly by claiming unlike the OJ jury, there was no blood trail, fingerprints, etc and that they acted responsibly. What a tool (for the bikini peddler) he's become! I hold this jury, it's rush to non-judgment, ignorance of circumstantial evidence where there is no smoking gun as culpable of subverting justice as I did and do the OJ12. Anyone who wants to argue that compared to those LA jury nullifiers the Orlando blind mice are MENSA -level, I'd have to agree, but only if you add their collective IQ's together.

Orange County Sheriffs Dept. investigators will be giving a Press conference today @ 1:30 pm

Just incase anyone hasn't heard

I'm glad I can't watch it - I'm sure one of the first things they'll say is, the jury did their job, we respect the verdict, blah blah blah:sick:

I understand why they have to do this, it's very likely they'll have to give testimony in future cases and they can't be seen as anti-jury, but I still hate to hear it.

Do you think the experienced detectives and prosecution had a little more competence to read people, especially criminals?

In my mind I could hear the collective belly laughing of LE, prosecutors, CSI etc. etc. everywhere !!

Yep, this guy knew better than them and didn't have to rely on THEIR investigation, interviews or profiling that they are trained specifically to do in order to get to the truth ... so he could save a lot of time because he already knew how to read people ... what a joke ....

Or maybe she threatended Cindy with taking Caylee away before, and she disappeared with her for a few days previously to punish Cindy, and he's asking, is this like the last time, meaning are you just doing this to punish mom again?

So many possibilities and we'll never know...

very strong possibility. But what could have happened and when? Maybe Cindy's mother's emails can tell us...

Actually, he let the spawn get off......I don't want any of the jurors to be harmed, as does none of the other WS'ers here BUT, I also believe that IF they felt they made the right decision they should be able to stand up for that decision! It makes NO sense to me how it could have gone from 10-2 guilty, then 6-6 to an aquittal in 11 hours unless there was bullying & the weaker ones gave up just to escape it all. That is NOT what our justice system is about! I would have felt so much better if the ones who felt they were being pushed into a verdict they didn't agree with had immediately contacted the judge or held out for their belief. When I was younger there was a saying, "If you're scared, say you're scared"......you just can't make a decision of this magnitude & then HIDE!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

And what was the initial reason given for why they didn't want to stay and talk to the media after the verdict? Because they didn't want to add to the circus atmosphere (don't remember the words that were said, but that's the impression I got). Uh, how did the sequestered jurors know there was any atmosphere outside the courthouse?

My Opinion: These Jurors did not follow the INSTRUCTIONS they were given for diliberatios and that's the simple fact.

As Jeff Ashton stated in an interview: IF Juror #3 gave any weight to "punishment" during her deliberatios of "guilt or innocence" she brok the law. Juror #3 did state in her interview that she DID consider punishment in determining guilt or innocence....so in my opinion - she broke the law.

Nothing can change what I firmly consider a wrong, unfair, illegal verdict -- and this is a very sad, pitiful state of affairs for our judicial system, as far as I see things.

Compensating these Jurors, Defense Attorneys or any of the Anthonys for their interviews is also a pitiful state of affairs, in my opinion...and I refuse to read or watch these interview; but I have been writing emails to the Networks and any Sponsors I can reach, expressing my displeasure.

I had heard an upset hypocrite Geraldo this weekend trying to justify the validity of this jury to O'Reilly by claiming unlike the OJ jury, there was no blood trail, fingerprints, etc and that they acted responsibly. What a tool (for the bikini peddler) he's become! I hold this jury, it's rush to non-judgment, ignorance of circumstantial evidence where there is no smoking gun as culpable of subverting justice as I did and do the OJ12. Anyone who wants to argue that compared to those LA jury nullifiers the Orlando blind mice are MENSA -level, I'd have to agree, but only if you add their collective IQ's together.

see this is what has me scratching my head. these jurors were mostly educated. nurses, teachers...something smells very JBish to me. I smell a rat. nothing that they've said makes any sense. smart people like these jurors appeared to be do not ignore all the evidence and certainly can add 2+2 and not get bamboozled by JB with his opening statement. I don't buy it. we need an investigation.

After listening to Juror #11 & #3 I'm amazed at how many things they simply got WRONG

It completely blew me out of the water when they claimed that they were not convinced that a body was in the trunk.

No matter what happened in this case & no matter who is responsible one thing is absolutley certain beyond all reasonable doubt

CAYLEE'S BODY WAS IN THE TRUNK OF HER MOTHER'S CAR

What about the Hair with the Death Band on it..?? Did they ignore that too..??

I agree. Also, by their own statements they decided based on:

"They didn't know the cause of death" Not required
"They didn't know when" Not required
"They suspected George" No evidence
"The family is dysfunctional" So??!
"They didn't know who had Caylee last" The DEFENDANT said she did
The non-reporting of an accident is just dandy with them

I suspect the thinking members of this jury will realize that they made quite a few errors - both in judgement and in how they assessed the case. The others will simply continue to parrot this script that they quite obviously agreed to follow.

I keep waiting for the interviewer to say "did you hear from the jury instructions that that is not required for a guilty verdict?" Just imagine how many times we'd hear that question asked during each interview.

What I seriously don’t get is how, HOW, the jury gave credence to the inuendos, etc. about George WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE.
But there was truly a boatload of evidence AGAINST CASEY, and they didn’t weigh any of it. The discounted it all.
They gave more weight to Cindy’s testimony, George’s testimony and Krystal Holloway’s testimony than they did Dr. Vass, etc.
That just leads me to believe the scientific evidence was WAY WAY WAY over their heads. They glommed on to the soap opera portion of this case. SHAMEFUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member