2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to Greta's Part 2 Foreman interview? Found a short teaser for it on the Fox website, but the entire interview isn't up there yet. TIA!

He really did not like Aston. When Greta asked about the prosecution he paused, then I think she said "professional?" WOW I think he felt threatened by Aston and LDB. They were too intelligent and articulate for him.

I really wish that SOMEONE would ask one of these jurors WHY they has such an easy time believing a pathological liar. Why was everyone else suspect? Still having such a hard time!

wow, harsh and scarey...I think these people that defended her really believed in her. right or wrong as it may be. not everybody thinks the same way. JB may have been privy to other things that made him believe in her. regardless, everybody has the right to effective counsel. and somebody has to do it. it takes all types to make the world go round and round, even the devils advocate

They didn't believe in her, they all KNEW she would be convicted which is why they spent so much money on mitigation.

Every last one of these people on her defense team had their eyes on the prize and that was the money and notoriety that followed defending Casey Anthony.

Originally Posted by Serjen
Nah, no problem, it actually was the most 'logical' thing I heard about this jury. They added 1+0 and got 0. Only thing that makes sense.

Sometimes my kids sneak chocolate chip cookies from the cookie jar. I don't see them actually eat them and they pretend they didn't, but: Missing Cookies + Chocolate Faces = Guilty Kids. I don't conclude "Well since I didn't see them actually eating the cookies, and since they look so cute with those puppy dog eyes and 'sincere' grins, I will assume they didn't eat the cookies. [/UNQUOTE]

But MAYBE your father snuck over and ate the cookies, rubbed chocolate on the kids faces, and told them not to say anything, or he would eat the rest of the cookies himself.

They seem almost hostile towards the State whose job it was to find justice for Caylee.

No, their job was to prove premeditated murder beyond a reasonable doubt. They didn't do that, IMO. The jury can't just "give" a guilty verdict because they want to find justice for Caylee. It doesn't work that way.

The jury foreman was incensed by JA's "smirk" during JB's closing and his "pig in a blanket" reference!!! GOOD GRIEF---hope 'bout getting incensed about something IMPORTANT---like decomp in the car, death banded hair, 31 days, duct tape, etc. etc. etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if this emotional response by the foreman had anything to do with his verdict? Even the defendant laughed at the 'pig in a blanket' comment, but I guess he didn't notice.

But "who cut the cheese" by Baez didn't phase him at all I guess cos he never even mentioned it. :maddening:

Exactly! I wish Greta would have asked if he thought that was appropriate.
I also wished she would have asked why they didn't need to review any evidence. Were they all able to take in and totally comprehend the scientific evidence, or did they just go with JB's cliff notes version on the closing.

I really wish that SOMEONE would ask one of these jurors WHY they has such an easy time believing a pathological liar. Why was everyone else suspect? Still having such a hard time!

And believing the word of a woman they CONVICTED of lying to LE!!!!!!!!

Why on God's green Earth do they believe every witness for the State was lying or fabricating evidence and the only person who was telling the truth was the Defendant's Attorney and the Defendant who the CONVICTED for lying!!!

It makes NO sense!

I could see him going in there and saying,my brother is an FBI agent so I know about the law..so I vote myself as foreman-what do you guys think?and they said OK!!

That and he was using big words like agreeance.

wow, harsh and scarey...I think these people that defended her really believed in her. right or wrong as it may be. not everybody thinks the same way. JB may have been privy to other things that made him believe in her. regardless, everybody has the right to effective counsel. and somebody has to do it. it takes all types to make the world go round and round, even the devils advocate
True, everyone has the right to an effective counsel and IMO, an effective counsel would have pled her out almost immediately when all of the facts became evident. The DT in this case has twisted all of the facts and spewed a line of BS starting with their opening argument. Do you really think anyone on the DT thought she was going to walk ? Oh sure, now they can snow us with the "Casey is innocent" BS, but any sane person knows that is not the case and 99 out of 100 juries would have convicted her. Just my opinion ...

AAARGHGG someone shoot me!!! Why cant people understand its not about partying!!!!!!! It was TONY!!!! Just like Susan Smith and I forget the other killer mom;s name who both killed their kids cause they wanted to be with a man. Just like the millions of women who allow their kids to be abused and sometimes killed by boyfriends, all because they dont want to be alone. This is nothing new, and it was obvious in Casey that she was nothing without a man at her side. Luckily Jesse accepted playing daddy, so caylee was fine then. Ricardo let her spend the night with caylee, so caylee was fine then. TONY on the other hand has a job involving the night life, and his girlfriend would need to be able to go out at night too. He also lived in basically a college dorm, and would not be ok with caylee spending the night. CAYLEE BECAME A PROBLEM. it is simple and obvious
You hit the nail on the head.

I'm guessing TL didnt want this to come out.

Exactly! I wish Greta would have asked if he thought that was appropriate.
I also wished she would have asked why they didn't need to review any evidence. Were they all able to take in and totally comprehend the scientific evidence, or did they just go with JB's cliff notes version on the closing.

No, I don't think ANY of them understood the forensics and what they meant in terms of Casey's guilt so they all just totally disregarded the evidence all together.

I agree that everyone has the right to counsel and I'm actually a big believer in the need for good defense attorneys. I do think the tactics used here while they worked were despicable. There should be a better way.

I disagree however with her DT believing her. A few have slipped up since the case ended by saying they didn't know what happened and JB called it a murder twice. While I'm sure they are thrilled they won I wonder how quick JB would be to have her around his children.

yes, JB's tactics were disgusting...so many things he could have "made up" if thats what he needed to do. Im sure there was a plan though, not sure what that could have been lol

lol, good point! wonder if KC will be babysitting any time soon?

He didn't specifically say it that way. He said those two were voting guilty on emotion and you can't vote on emotion. (paraphrasing)

You can't vote on "emotion", but you can vote on "speculation" and made up scenarios? Makes perfect sense to me........:banghead:

People who want to present themselves as "intelligent" when they are not, often use big words incorrectly or "made up" words they think are right.

Gee... who does that remind you of?

Now, I'm going to have something misspelled here, so nobody needs to point it out, lol ;)

The 31 days to me has nothing to do with emotion. It proved consciences (sp) of guilt. I wonder if they fought back towards him with that.

No matter how it's spelled (I don't know either! so I'm going with COG lol) it's a major factor to consider..It really has nothing at all to do with their "emotions" but the defendant's AFTER the crime has been committed..And for someone who claimed to follow the case for a few weeks (at first) he had to know it was her behavior in those '31 days' that=major suspicion by LE but also every single person on the planet that knew anything at all about the case! And he decides to do the WRONG thing by totally ignoring it during trial & deliberations.

If it wasn't something to consider then it would NOT have been allowed in..What part of that didn't he (& who else?) NOT get? They had to buy Baez's explanation the sole purpose was to paint her as a "*advertiser censored*"=nothing at all to do with the murder charge..What else could possibly explain this ludicrous mindset?

No, I don't think ANY of them understood the forensics and what they meant in terms of Casey's guilt so they all just totally disregarded the evidence all together.

Agreed. Anything that would take time to dissect they just ignored. It was easier to believe it was an accident versus a young mother killing her baby and throwing her in a swamp. They weren't sophisticated enough to see that perhaps ICA was just making things up once again to get away with murder. And what was good for the goose here certainly wasn't good for the gander. JB could tell tall tales and jokes and that was considered professional but if JA did it there was outrage by Juror #11. I hope they really do feel secure in their decision because they are the ones that have to live with it in the end. There is a 2 year old that will never have justice on earth. I hope the rush out to Disney was worth it.

He said there was one person who was felt strongly about her guilt. Whoever that juror is, please come forward and tell what really took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77