ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there are a couple of video tapes that would tend to contradict that. I think they want it down to 1 count, and as I said before, this seems to me to be CMs dog and pony show now.

What difference does it make if it's one count instead of four misdemeanors?
she's already served the time - oh did someone say something about "wrongful imprisonment" - CM maybe?
oh crap - was that during the nasty speech he gave after the verdict?

This is not unique to Florida. We AMERICANS need to step up and demand some changes. Florida is enacting legislation such as Caylee's law and the non-payment (for their stories after serving) to jurors.

Don't think for 1 second that the good citizens of Florida are happy about this sad state of affairs.

Hear! Hear!

We all saw Jose Baez make his argument to Judge Perry that the 4 charges should be combined into one. His argument was rejected then and it will be rejected on appeal.

Ok for the ones that don't know anything whatsoever about laws and courts and the whole charade can you please put into English what the point is in the appealing to the 4 charges!?? Please and thank you!
I can't tell you about the laws, but I can tell u about Karma.. Looks like Karma is after Casey:

What Is Karma?

Karma is a Sanskrit word that means "action." Karma has commonly been considered a punishment for past bad actions, but karma is neither judge nor jury. Rather, it is simply the universal law of cause and effect that says every thought, word and act carries energy into the world and affects our present reality. Karma can also refer to the "work" we have ahead of us, which includes lessons from both our past and present lives.

You Floridians all need to step up to the plate and change your court system. It is way out of line and appears to be very unethical. I have never seen a court system like you all have there. Whats happened there would never happen in other courts. You all need to raise cain there and change this. Something is very wrong with the Florida courts. Its a real travesty. I guess as long as things take place there there will never be any relief. Just let killers go free, rob people, steal $$ from their accts, give her 1 year punishment but let her go because someone made a clerical error. Then have a judge recuse himself for no reason the day of a hearing. They are all in bed together there. Something very wrong.

There's nothing wrong with the court system. The majority of defense attorneys have some form of ethics. JP and CM have none. CM even tried to have JP removed. And they just don't get it. It inflames the public even more which reflect right back on their client. Now I think even a mental health facility would not want her for fear of a lawsuit. She does not care whose life she ruins. Hope they do send her to Mexico. jmo

I can't tell you about the laws, but I can tell u about Karma.. Looks like Karma is after Casey:

What Is Karma?

Karma is a Sanskrit word that means "action." Karma has commonly been considered a punishment for past bad actions, but karma is neither judge nor jury. Rather, it is simply the universal law of cause and effect that says every thought, word and act carries energy into the world and affects our present reality. Karma can also refer to the "work" we have ahead of us, which includes lessons from both our past and present lives.

Oh i sure do hope so!

She has to appeal so she can plead the 5th. I think they wanted to wait the 30 days before filing (more stalling), but did it now because Morgan pushed.

I think it's strategic, not that it makes it any less aggravating. As long as appeal on the lying is on the table, she CAN take the 5th in any civil matter... Voila, no deposition questioning of any substance.

AZ Lawyer said in her always helpful way in the Lawyers thread (bbm):

She can take the 5th regarding anything that would incriminate her on the lying charges (which would include anything anyone wants to know) until the time expires for her to appeal (or, if she actually appeals, until the verdict is affirmed on appeal or reversed and retried).

Apparently the judge recused himself from the case.

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
He did not give a reason but it could delay her depo indefinitely because there is no judge assigned to the case

Breaking News----
Walt Disney World announced today that it has acquired the Ninth Judicial Court House in a cash deal with the City of Orlando.
It will be renamed Fantasyland West.
It's where all defendents "DREAMS COME TRUE".

:goodpost::silly:

someone post a disclaimer everytime one of these posts appear please?

I find it strange that so few know even relatively recent history. Here we have people always screaming about the sanctity of the constitution. Yet the 2 fairest most equable constitutions of the 20TH century was the German Republic's of post WW1 Germany and the 1925 Russian communist legal accords for its people. Oh the constitutions promised everything fair and equitable to the people. But in action, they were rotten to the core.

The point is all the good words and intentions are useless when they are applied in detail. Not as a whole. This Casey case is about the detail of endless parts. How can a investigation be done? What can come into court as evidence. What can the lawyers say. What can a judge do. How does a juror work. What are penalties. How much resources go where. Where can common sense be used............................ ETC.....................

What we have is a large elephant of truth(Casey's guilt) being brought down and killed by the insects of details on the smallest points everywhere.

I wonder how much of the tax players money they will stuff in Casey's pockets on the way out the door???

I suspect the court will hear argument on the appeal in a very short time.

I am uncertain, however, as to how she would be exposed to any consequence on the 4 misdemeanor charges (and thus have the danger of self-incrimination) beyond her release date of Sunday. On Sunday, she will have served her time for these charges and thus could claim double jeopardy on the 4 counts.

And there you have it. Casey is going to be gone in the wind. Now I hear the 3 pool press reports will be locked up to report on her release. Why lock the press pool people up? They have done nothing wrong. Just another bizarre part of the whole mess. Even washing their hands of Casey is $$$ expensive.

Personally the whole trial is sickening to me. I fought for your country ever so long ago. I put 10 years of my youth into fighting for the "fair" western way of life. The last 20 or so years has shown me I was a fool. And I am sure a lot of the young soldiers now serving feel the same here. It is items like this trial that help make getting proper recruits into the services am impossibility. The only happy people are the bleeding heart liberals who are more concerned with the letter of the law, not the spirit of the law.

O/T You have the right to speak for yourself, but you have no right to speak for all the most wonderful young men and women who are serving their country right now. I KNOW a number of them, including my nephew and I know for a fact that they do not agree with what you are saying.

If these charges are reversed, I can see a lawsuit against the State of Florida and LE for wrongful arrest and imprisonment. And seeing how things are going, she will probably win a huge settlement and a public apology. :banghead:

She has to appeal the lying charges. Baez didn't think ahead when admitting that his client lied. Now all of these lawsuits will be able to use these verdicts against her. LOL I guess Casey isn't going anywhere for a while.

Oh my....the irony. :lol:

If these charges are reversed, I can see a lawsuit against the State of Florida and LE for wrongful arrest and inprisonment. And seeing how things are going, she will probably win a huge settlement and a public apology. :banghead:

It may be wishful thinking, but I think we may be seeing something quite problematic brewing for Casey Anthony.

This smacks of desperation and the relatively small civil suit being brought by Zenaida Gonzalez is not the worry.

Hey let's look on the bright side for a minute. IF the fraud charges are overturned, doesn't that mean the case has to be tried again? If it is tried again, wouldn't she have to stay in jail until trial because she is a flight risk? And it would take a long, long time to find a jury. If she pleads guilty again, what is to stop a judge for giving her the maximum sentence allowed by law? She may get out with time served again, but hey her butt might be in jail for a little while longer.

She has to appeal the lying charges. Baez didn't think ahead when admitting that his client lied. Now all of these lawsuits will be able to use these verdicts against her. LOL I guess Casey isn't going anywhere for a while.

Does this mean she isn't getting out of jail for awhile??? oh please say yes!!!

Okay, there is definitely something bigger than dumb luck going on here! I've been avoiding saying it but I really think this whole mess just reeks of Mexican Mafia.
If it's inappropriate for me to say that, I apologize in advance.

This really has my attention. Please explain more, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members