GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

Interesting that there's another missing woman from that area. I THINK she disappeared on 7/8. Her car has been located on a lonely road, Clear Creek Canyon, just west of Golden. All of her id and stuff was inside the unlocked car.

A police officer allegedly talked to her about 10:30 the night she disappeared.

Wonder if there's any connection?

:(
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...ver-woman-whose-car-was-found-along-colorado/

Police Search for Missing Denver Woman Amy Ahonen

I'm NOT saying this POI and suspect did anything to the alleged third victim, just putting a POSSIBLE timeline to see if they can connect. Two missing young women and one sexual assault and attempted murder he IS a suspect in. Just seeing if the dots connect.....fran

04/01/11 - POI in disappearance of Kenia Monge, age 19, Denver nightclub. Victim was last seen with POI at a gas station. He claims she got out and left with someone else.

04/01/11 - "Forbes allegedly burning something in a barrel outside a LoDo business the night Monge disappeared."

04/02/11 - POI was seen on video in an Aurora bakery where he'd rented space. He was moving (rolling) a duct-taped cooler. The POI proceeded to turn off the video camera at that point. (there was $$ missing from the cash register of the bakery)

Sometime after the 4/02 incident, Forbes answered and ad on Craig's List and rented a room for $450 @ month in Austin, Texas.

05/04/11 - POI arrested in Austin on a warrant out of Colorado for auto theft.....the vehicle he had when he was in Austin is a "gold 1990 Toyota 4-Runner to Texas he swerved to avoid deer in the road and ran into a fence, damaging the bumper. He duct-taped the bumper back on, Hallmark said."

06/30/11 - POI released from jail.....in Colorado.

07/04/11 - POI attended a family bbq at grandmother's in Ft. Collins. Left early to go watch fireworks.

07/05/11 - Lydia Tillman attacked and sexually assaulted in her apartment. She did NOT know the suspect, Travis Forbes. Ms Tillman escaped out a 2nd floor window and was hospitalized and unable to give LE an account for a few days...................her car was stolen.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18013474?source=pkg

http://denver.cbslocal.com/tag/lydia-tillman/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/tag/lydia-tillman/

Connection? I would assume that LE is checking this out. imho, fran

07/08/11 - Amy Ahonan disappeared. She was seen at her home and then about 10:00 p.m. her car was spotted alongside a remote road, Hwy 6 in Clear Creek Canyon, west of Golden, Colo.

It's now being reported that a motorist saw Amy and unknown male walking up an incline in the vicinity of her car the afternoon of 7/08/11. It's also now being reported that the officer who said he spoke to Amy at 10:00 that evening didn't actually speak to her, only tagged her car. When Amy was reported a few days later and LE realized her car had been tagged they returned to the vicinity and the car was still there. Her purse, et al was still in the vehicle.

Amy Ahonen

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/1...ver-woman-whose-car-was-found-along-colorado/

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-witne...an-along-clear-creek-20110713,0,2172294.story

http://www.facebook.com/helpfindamy?sk=wall

There's going to be a press conference tomorrow morning at 10:00a.m. with LE and victim's family.

Who says they sent her a text later to see if she got home okay? How would they have her phone number to send a text? Weren't these all people she met that night?

I just catching up on this case. It really spark my interest since Travis Forbes was arrested.

I thought she left her cell phone at the bar? I only on page 4.

So Travis left Co to go TX...make me think LE was on to him. I also think that CO LE was working with TX...

There's another thread that was started in the Crimes in the News forum. I'll ask an administrater to combine them.

FWIW, there's another woman missing from this same area on July 8. I did some posts on it on the other thread. IF they combine them, those posts will be here later. I'll try and check what her name is. I haven't seen anyone in the media connect them, it's just a POSSIBLE hunch. Just because of the timing.

FWIW, LE is having a news conference on the other woman tomorrow at 10:00a.m.

fran

PS.....The other woman's name is Amy Ahonan. Missing from Denver 7/8/11. Her car was located on a remote road in Clear Creek Canyon, just west of Golden. She was seen with a man earlier in the day, at the location where her car was found, walking with a man towards a river or something. That info just came out recently...fran

Thanks for the posts, Fran. I've been following both Amy and Kenia's case and hadn't made the possible connection with Forbes. Ft Collins is a good ways away from where Amy's car was seen but we know Forbes gets around. Amy has a thread in this forum section if you haven't seen it.

Police have been pursuing suspect in Fort Collins assault, fire
snip
DENVER — Ever since 19-year-old Kenia Monge went missing from a Lower Downtown nightclub, Denver police have been quietly but doggedly tracking Travis Forbes, all the while claiming that he is not a suspect in her disappearance.
Yet the actions of Denver detectives led to Forbes' arrest in Austin, Texas, in early May and contributed to his arrest Sunday in Fort Collins for alleged false reporting and in the alleged attempted murder of Lydia Tillman.
http://www.reporterherald.com/news/larimer-county/ci_18474478

It sound like LE been on his tail from the beginning..which they would had known if he travel to Golden where Amy is missing.

There's another thread that was started in the Crimes in the News forum. I'll ask an administrater to combine them.

FWIW, there's another woman missing from this same area on July 8. I did some posts on it on the other thread. IF they combine them, those posts will be here later. I'll try and check what her name is. I haven't seen anyone in the media connect them, it's just a POSSIBLE hunch. Just because of the timing.

FWIW, LE is having a news conference on the other woman tomorrow at 10:00a.m.

fran

PS.....The other woman's name is Amy Ahonan. Missing from Denver 7/8/11. Her car was located on a remote road in Clear Creek Canyon, just west of Golden. She was seen with a man earlier in the day, at the location where her car was found, walking with a man towards a river or something. That info just came out recently...fran

I'm friends with Tony, Kenia's stepdad, on Facebook. He posted on his wall and Kenia's Help Find page about Amy. I'm pretty certain he mentioned it to LE, but I will check with him to be sure.

I want to note this here. Okay ?
Kenia Missing 4/1
He take car 4/8
arrested in austin Tx May 8
snip
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/27805379/detail.html
According to Colorado court records, the Colorado warrant is for a car theft charge in Wheat Ridge on April 8. However, the owner didn't report the vehicle stolen until May 4. The warrant was issued on Thursday, May 5, according to Jefferson County court records

Forbes in jail from May 8 until June 30th. From 4/8 until 5/8 he was loose in Austin Texas.

woman attack 7/5 ( I know we all know her name but I perfer not to type it. My prayers are with her)
Amy Ahonen missing 7/8
walking with girl when he was arrested 7/10

I got sick feeling that girl would be missing today if LE didn't arrest Forbes. He seem to like night clubs and girls that had to much to drink which make me think if he not watching the girls thru the night and maybe drugging their drinks. Maybe he buying drinks for them.

snip
He said he dropped her off a gas station off at Speer Boulevard and Pennsylvania

Police also went to a bakery in Denver where the man rents space.

I thinking somewhere between gas station and the bakery. ???

There is no doubt in my mind that TF hurt Kenia - and quite possibly many others. I think LE believes that too.

He is evil and, seems to me, thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Luckily, that very rarely is the case with monsters like this.

There is no doubt in my mind that TF hurt Kenia - and quite possibly many others. I think LE believes that too.

He is evil and, seems to me, thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Luckily, that very rarely is the case with monsters like this.

I don't think it rare in Serial Killers and that what I think he is.

LE knows a lot and I having hard time waiting to know what they got.

Okay found a white cooler
snip
On April 5, a Tuesday, Deby's owner called police and reported that she was missing a white Igloo cooler she estimated was 30 inches long. Four days later, police went to Deby's and seized an Igloo cooler that was 38 inches long, it says.

okay I didn't find but i sure hope LE did.

I spoke briefly to Tony. He said LE is looking into Amy's case/possible Forbes connection.

I have now read both missing CO cases and I live right in between Fort Collins and Denver and I have to say that I am relieved that this man is behind bars. I think he is on a killing spree that serial killers go on when they cannot control urges anymore ala Ted Bundy in FL.
Some CO tidbits-
Alamosa has a medical marijuana dispensory and is a small mountain town. Towns like these often have lots of drug activity. Could TF been there for "business"?
It seems to me for the timeline to fit all of these cases, TF would have to have been all over. I would really LOVE to see his cell phone ping maps-
Alamosa- Feb 23
Denver April 1
Fort Collins July 5
Golden area July 8
Fort Collins- July 10 (with another drunk woman).
Alamosa, Denver, Golden and Fort Collins ALL have universities in them as well. This could mean his stomping grounds are university towns or places where young, drinking women live?
The Golden case happened on the road that eventually leads to the gambling towns of Blackhawk/central city, so that could be the reason a perp could have been on thsi road.

My big question is why the police did not have some sort track on where this guy was after his release on June 30 and I would like to know what the evidence is linking him to the July 5 Ft. Collins case- are there eye witnesses?
I hope the CBI is on this and working hard..

In connection to the Kenia case, I wonder what prompted them to check the weld county landfill.I live in Weld county and I have a hard time imagining that Denver or Aurora trash would have been brought all the way out to Keenesburg. There are many landfills just east of Aurora/Denver- one right by the Airport and one down on Gun Club Road is south Aurora. The only reason would be that they used some strange trash pick up service that only delivered to Keenesburg, which is very unlikely. What could that tip have stemmed from???

July 5 case
A man resembling suspect Travis Forbes was walking with a clipboard outside a burned-out townhome several days after a woman was sexually assaulted and her home set ablaze, a next-door neighbor said Wednesday.

The 31-year-old victim of the July 5 attack remains in a Denver-area hospital under an assumed name for her safety, and she has been unable to speak with investigators. Police on Tuesday announced the arrest of Forbes, 31, on charges of attempted first-degree murder, sexual assault, first-degree assault, arson and aggravated motor-vehicle theft connected with the incident.
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20110714/NEWS01/107140347

Yikes....I feel kind of bad I didn't know about this case (and the other CO cases). I was born and raised in Denver, hung out a TON on Market St and in Lodo. I also taught at Cherry Creek High School awhile back (four years ago).

If I recall correctly...Lodo isn't all that bad of a place as far as major crime, but you can walk another couple of blocks and be a little scared...Speer can go from scary to not scary and I wouldn't be surprised if potential or already perps...would hang out there.

I am so thankful you guys have been sleuthing this, although...it doesn't sound good at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back