2011.07.17 Casey Released From Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padilla thinks she's in the Los Angeles area with Mark Hawkins, for whatever that's worth.

whatever happened to jb statement: we are gonna take care of kc and let her grieve blau, blau according to GR??????????

What an imagination he has. Remember when he said that Caylee choked on a candy bar and fell of Tony's balcony?

I don't remember that but that does not surprise me one bit.

Good ole LP.

Aljazeera is reporting that her plane just landed in Abbottabad, Pakistan. :floorlaugh:

RemoteHideaway.jpg

Lol, this is perfect!! If only it were true......:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You can hire anyone you like.But don't put down a business that decides to pass on an admitted thief and liar.I guess she could get some kind of govt. job.Do they look at a persons background the same as the private sector?

Government job regulations are stricter than you can imagine. She would not be able to get any kind of government job. KC would most likely have to be hired by a private supporter or through a program that helps convicts obtain job skills and then employment. Her theft convictions alone disqualify her from most private sector jobs and all government jobs IMHO.

What an imagination he has. Remember when he said that Caylee choked on a candy bar and fell of Tony's balcony?

what was it with him and the daisy chain? i had never heard that expression.
and what's up with that toothpick/

Well, Al Taylor says he made a deal with Baez. Gonna sell the interview oversees where there aren't any boycotts, then give it away in the US so no one will have to pay for it. Eehh, I still don't care. I can watch good fiction movies all day long if I please.......

LOL...Baez is on the phone with Jerry Rivers and his cell connection is breaking up really bad.

Not likely she's going to do that. She's had plenty of time in jail to acquire her GED and even college courses. She took zero initiative.

By an idiot jury that didn't bother to read their instructions!!!

"Ain't" that the truth:banghead:

Padilla thinks she's in the Los Angeles area with Mark Hawkins, for whatever that's worth.
I think that's more credible than her hopping a flight to Ohio, where she knows noone except for distant family, especially when she's at odds with her own immediate family. Mark Hawkins (had forgotten his last name) was stationed at Palm Desert, IIRC...:waitasec:

respectfully snipped (and "red")

LOL...no one??? Vindictive and Vengeful. :waitasec:

Oops, I hit post too quick!

Meant to say, no one but youcan decide others are "Vindictive and Vengeful"????

Um, I didn't say that no one but me can decide that people are vindictive or vengeful. Please consider the whole post instead taking what I said out of context. Thank you.

Some men are down right fools and a lot of men think FCA is very attractive with nice "assets."

ITA, like this lovely specimen:

Tim Allen, 24, stood there with a large sign reading, "Casey Will You Marry Me." He held a similar sign outside the courthouse when she was sentenced. He says he is serious about wanting to hook up with Anthony. "Hopefully, she will just be able to see my sign," Allen said. "Find me on Facebook. She can find out how to contact me." Allen says he works at an Orlando pizzeria. Asked why he has an interest in Casey, Allen said, "She's beautiful. She has very unique features. She is pretty. She has a nice body. That's what young guys like and I'm a young guy" Such attributes, Allen explained, are the types of things a young man like himself is looking for in a woman. "She deserves a new family, one that's not dysfunctional and I can give her a better family," he said.

Better look him up quick FCA, before someone else snaps him up LOL.

I’ll be honest, I tried sympathy and empathy for KC.

I live in Florida and I followed this case pretty closely. Not as closely as some on here, but I read the police documents and watched the trial when I could. I believed that the jury would return a guilty verdict on murder charges, condemning KC to live the rest of her days in prison, or maybe even send her to her death.

Then, not guilty, even of manslaughter. Like a slap in the face.

Confronted with the reality that KC would soon be leaving jail, I examined my feelings. I didn’t want to simply join a “lynch mob” or further the irrational hatred of a person. So I tried to sympathize with her, to see how that felt. I really did. At some point, she too was a little girl like Caylee. She played with her friends and had crushes on boys and dreamed of a life of her own. She definitely made her parents smile when she was little, brought joy to her grandparents, was liked by people, and so on. There are no indications her childhood was, say, Dahmer-esque.

I tried. But sympathy was nowhere to be seen. I thought of all those searchers, wasting their time. I thought of all those people sending money or even just prayers. And KC sitting there, knowing her daughter was dead the whole time. Although those lies are cruel, they are not pure evil, they are not worthy of declaring someone unforgiveable. (That threshold is an individual decision, of course). No, a pile of lies is not murder. A pile of lies is demolished by a single utterance of truth, and the damage of those lies undone if the liar embraces the truth, permanently.

So I wasn’t ready to write her off as truly irredeemable. Forever is a long time, and some power far greater than I decided to give her a life outside of prison. I read her jailhouse letters. I looked for a flicker of something with some tiny little inkling of humanity, of truth, of love. Was the innocent little girl, the girl that KC surely once was, still alive? Could the adult KC reconnect with her?

I looked for a glimmer, a flicker, even a hint of a reason to be feel at peace with this verdict. I wanted to believe that the jury saw something I didn’t, that the system does work, that KC can go on to live a healthy and productive life, that the forces of evil did not win. Maybe I was reading for myself, hoping my view of humanity as generally good, or at least capable of much good, could be validated somehow.

I didn’t see it. The letters were filled with the same lies, the same self-serving BS that has defined KC since who knows when? There were oblique references to Caylee, as if KC wanted to be truthful, wanted to engage on the subject, wanted to open up, wanted to unburden herself of all the lies and all the destruction they have caused. I saw a brief flash of that in her letters. But she couldn’t, wouldn’t, and isn’t ready to, yet. Will she ever be? God only knows. KC is not ready for reintegration to society yet.

That conclusion has obvious implications. It highlights the imperfections of even well-intended human structures; the shortcomings of our species, and the vast gap between the mind of humans and the mind of god (or the vastness of the universe, if you’re atheist). And I think it’s the size and depth and (for lack of a better word) “unquantifiability” or “unknowability” of the nature of that gap that causes me, and perhaps many of us, to remain so frustrated even as time begins to pass. It’s like an equation that we should be able to solve, and the answer eludes us.

I’m not in the lynch mob. To what end? More hate on top of already bottomless evil? What does that accomplish? But, KC will have to earn her redemption by being truthful and following the rules. She’s got 2 strikes against her and the pitcher is throwing 150 miles per hour. I hope she takes advantage of this second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni