What questions are still unanswered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Caylee drowns and Casey covers up accident and eventually discards body in resting spot in the swamp. I follow this. But the celebration reaction to such an accident is where I leave this theory. How could even a sick headed individual celebrate their only child's accidental drowning? I am sorry but this thought is beyond the twilight zone IMO.

You see, Sacrablue...the great thing about being on the side of the truth is that there's ALWAYS a hole in the other side's explanations, scenarios, imaginations, etc.

None of which is tied to Casey. The car was not hers, nor did they prove that Caylee was the source of any decomposition. If there were fluids that leaked from the bag there would be a ton of residual biological material in the mat. Also, decomposing material is decomposing material, you would not be able to tell the difference from smell. The state failed to prove that that anything was decomposing in the trunk, failed to prove that if there was, that it was human, and failed to prove that Casey (as opposed to someone else who had access to the car) had anything to do with it. In short, they failed completely to make any link, it was complete speculation on their part.

Now, chloroform. I am a chemist, been working with the stuff for 30 years, and there is NO WAY that anyone chloroformed would have enough to accumulate in any measurable extent in the trunk. That claim was just laughable. Sorry if you don't like it, but there it is. If there was chloroform there, it came from something else, most likely from a chlorinated cleaning agent. Further, while someone made a search for chloroform, they failed to prove WHO did that. They claim it was Casey, but again, fail to provide any evidence that it WAS her. If these searches were made at the Anthony house, it wasn't HER computer, maybe they should look at the person who owned the computer.

The duct tape gives no indication of how she died. The state failed to prove when it was placed there, or even IF it was placed there. If it was placed there post mortem, either on her body or with the bag, it obviously had nothing to do with her death. They failed to show that it had not arrived at where it was post mortem, in other words they had NO evidence for that as a cause of death. That was sheer speculation on their part, there was zero evidence to support it. In my opinion the duct tape was placed there post mortem a considerable time after her death simply to hold the head together. That too is speculation, but there is no evidence that couldn't be the case.

One other thing, all of the items found with the body were in some way or another associated or potentially associated with the Anthony's house. The problem however, is that Casy wasn't living there, she was living elsewhere. Does no one think that is at all an odd thing?

I won't spend too much time dissecting and refuting your entire explanation, but will instead start where you started, i.e. with car, and then attach the credibility of that to the other items...

As it relates to the car...as a lifetime tennis player, I harken back to John McEnroe, who once said..."you cannot be serious!" :)

The car is not hers? Seriously..that's a defense? She had the car continuously beginning with the 16th of June. She was seen coming back to the house with the car on at least two occasions. Tony testified to picking her up next to the car in the Amscot parking lot. Her purse was in her car when it got picked up from the tow yard. Neither George nor Cindy had access to, or used the car, after the last time they ever saw Caylee - this was testified to in court. Etc. That's a scenario even the defense did not contest.

If you want to try to assert that the prosecution didn't prove it was Caylee's body in the trunk (with or without the decomposing hair that was proven to be Caylee's) and it could've been someone else's...well, all I can say is...thank you for your service Juror #3.

You see, Sacrablue...the great thing about being on the side of the truth is that there's ALWAYS a hole in the other side's explanations, scenarios, imaginations, etc.

Whilst I agree with this in theory, it doesn't always work out like that in practice. The court isn't about a search for the truth. There are two sides, each claiming the truth. It a appears to be about what you can prove to a jury. Its a system of law, not a system of justice or truth.

I was thinking today, that maybe the reason George was so devastated is that he knows he's innocent of all the things she is saying about him and so he knows she murdered Caylee. And that's why he's so beaten up. He's got no doubts.

Absolutely. Can you imagine the poor guy...totally and completely adores his granddaughter.... and she goes missing, turns up dead in a swamp....and he knows deep down she was killed by his own daughter...and then he gets accused of being a molester and covering up a pool accident that he knows didn't happen. Meanwhile, the controlling, enabling nightmare that is Cindy actually does try to cover up the crime where she can...and he is the one who gets dragged through the mud. It's all that I could take before I would snap.

Absolutely. Can you imagine the poor guy...totally and completely adores his granddaughter.... and she goes missing, turns up dead in a swamp....and he knows deep down she was killed by his own daughter...and then he gets accused of being a molester and covering up a pool accident that he knows didn't happen. Meanwhile, the controlling, enabling nightmare that is Cindy actually does try to cover up the crime where she can...and he is the one who gets dragged through the mud. It's all that I could take before I would snap.

AND when you do snap, its hailed because you are riddled with guilt and your suicide letter is read by the entire world.

First post-but been reading here since the story broke(my email was not suitable to join until now)I want to know what happened.I want the truth.I cannot accept the verdict. keep hoping for someone to tell about the early Casey-the child Casey,to explain how we got to this point.I see on Kindle there are already books,but none based on how Casey became what she was.I've only ever followed one case before which was the Soham murders here in the UK.No Sunshine Law so not as open.I get no TH programmes so all my info is from the net.I would buy a book that explore this case fully like Ann Rule.I would buy the Anthony's book if it was co-written to tell everything honesty.
I have no interest in Casey except curiosity on how this will end for her.
Thank you for three years of fantastic information and opinions

All things things being equal which evidence is not, it depends on the merit of that 1 thing in a million.

There has to be a point of time when one stopes the creating negative concepts. The continual second guessing and grabbing for last straws will eventually catch up to you. It all sounds wonderful to sit on the beach and wait for a bottle to wash up with a million dollar blank check in it. Could it happen sure it could happen. But there will be a time when all of us must go by instincts, best odds and common sense. To move forward and punish those that unlawfully inpeed progress. There is always going to be a percentage of woulda, coulda, shouldas in society but they are not the ones that build the foundation the rest of us live on.

There has to be a point of time when one stopes the creating negative concepts. The continual second guessing and grabbing for last straws will eventually catch up to you. It all sounds wonderful to sit on the beach and wait for a bottle to wash up with a million dollar blank check in it. Could it happen sure it could happen. But there will be a time when all of us must go by instincts, best odds and common sense. To move forward and punish those that unlawfully inpeed progress. There is always going to be a percentage of woulda, coulda, shouldas in society but they are not the ones that build the foundation the rest of us live on.

I agree!!!!! This is just my opinion, but the people who continue to look for any tiny tiny shred of "what if" in this particular case due to their feelings that the State did not prove their case beyond that very subjective (and sometimes unreliable) reasonable doubt is lacking basic common sense. Look at the totality of evidence, behavior, facts, and outcome in this case and it seems VERY clear to me who was responsible for this crime and why. We may not know the exact how - how Caylee was murdered - but it DOES NOT take away from the fact that she was murdered. And if it was an accident (which I think is ridiculous) then just as the State said in closing arguments, you do not make an accident look like a murder. You just don't.

Absolutely the "poem" could of originally been thought of and written in 2003 (perhaps on a scrap piece of paper) just as many other writing pieces are penned over preceding years. She buys a diary in 2004 and begins a journal of thoughts that she doesn't want to forget.

There is no rule that says you can only write new original ideas from this day forth in new diaries. They can be old writings, poems, thoughts etc. Thats why we date them to remember when it was originally written.

I believe you are absolutely right. Thanks for the insight. For ICA to have written the diary entry in question would be, IMO, suggestive of guilt, but I grant that it would not be conclusive of guilt, because ambiguity could exist as to her motive.

:pcguru:

I always wondered if Casey came back home after everyone left, went swimming forgot the ladder, got on the computer to "play" and forgot about Caylee which was obviously easy for her to do....Caylee went outside drowned in the pool and the rest is history.....

I would love to give ICA the benefit of the doubt and believe this. But I think we need a plausible reason why ICA broke with the norm by failing to call 911, then covering up this story for over 2 years.

During the trial I asked this question twice......I believe in two separate threads.

Now I know the answer.

Wonder what happens to all that evidence now?

What Happens To Casey's Car, Caylee's Bedspread?
ORLANDO, Fla. -- From Casey Anthony's infamous car to bedding from Caylee's nursery, attorneys showed hundreds of items of evidence during Anthony's first-degree murder trial. Where does all that evidence go now? Wednesday, July 20, 2011.
VIDEO AT ABOVE UNDERLINED LINK

I would love to give ICA the benefit of the doubt and believe this. But I think we need a plausible reason why ICA broke with the norm by failing to call 911, then covering up this story for over 2 years.

Well for me, Casey is far from normal, and also I believe would have refused to admit and/or let her mother find out if her carelessness killed Caylee. I think that alone would be strong enough motive to try to put it off as a kidnapping and then play keep away from Cindy for as long as possible. Not fear of Cindy as much as fear of Cindy being right about her.

By Oct 2008 Casey was charged with murder so I don't think the state was interested in hearing about her accident stories...and besides she couldn't admit to it, as she would have to tell them where to find Caylee and we all know how Caylee was found...I don't think the idea to throw her father into the mix came until sometime this year...

JMO

*respectfully snipped*

I think I missed something along the way. How was drowning in the pool proven false as a cause of death.? Regardless of how it was supposed to of occurred.

Thanks in advance.

IMO you have a very fair question.

IMO ICA's version of the pool story is false because of logical inferences (as I see them) concerning both ICA's and GA's conduct after the proposed accident.

Along these lines, I dismiss:

(1) that ICA, for two years, and with an iron will, covered up a true pool accident that, had she revealed it, would have spared her felony suspicion (and a 2008 grand jury murder indictment) from the start.

(2) that GA, after finding a dead Caylee, treated her deceased body to a despicable level of disrespect that GA even prevented with his deceased pets.

(3) that GA managed to hide this pool accident from CA for over two years (unless we include CA in a massive conspiracy).

I grant that these grounds for my view are not a classic "smoking gun," such as a forensic toxicology report or video tape, etc. (And of course, experts from both sides would have disputed even this evidence for three days).

But I assume that such inferences from behavior can be considered as legitimate evidence.

IMO the preponderance of trial evidence negates ICA's pool story to the point of removing reasonable doubt as to ICA's felony misconduct.

:eek:nline: :Banane37:

IMO ICA's version of the pool story is false...

Along these lines, I dismiss:

(1) that ICA, for two years, and with an iron will, covered up a true pool accident that, had she revealed it, would have spared her felony suspicion (and a 2008 grand jury murder indictment) from the start.

(2) that GA, after finding a dead Caylee, treated her deceased body to a despicable level of disrespect that GA even prevented with his deceased pets.

(3) that GA managed to hide this pool accident from CA for over two years (unless we include CA in a massive conspiracy).
Excellent list--I was thinking the same. To the list I would add:
4) KC had no normal reaction on the claimed day of occurrence which would appear like a accidental death took place to her one and only child.
5) KC has had a long history of lying/conning behavior even before this incident
6) The defense provided very few details about it, nothing which could be corroborated. While it was not their job to prove her innocent (they are just refuting the state's evidence, I guess), wouldn't they have provided details if they could so that things could be verified, such as the exact time of the occurrence, how exactly GA fished her body out of the poor--ie, were his clothes wet?, what did GA and KC discuss, did they ever refer to their plan later even in code during jail visits, what was Caylee wearing originally etc. I think Baez would have put these details in the opening statement-- or leaked them to the media--if they were true.
7) The defense also spent way too much time refuting a body in the trunk and seemed to accuse almost every state witness of some form of lying/corruption.
8) I know it's not exactly hard science, but I really do think the pool would have been taken down long ago, if this is where she had died. Every time they would swim it in, they'd be reminded of her death. (It is still there, no?) In fact, just the accusation (after this trial) focused on the pool might make them take it down post trial.

First post-but been reading here since the story broke(my email was not suitable to join until now)I want to know what happened.I want the truth.I cannot accept the verdict. keep hoping for someone to tell about the early Casey-the child Casey,to explain how we got to this point.I see on Kindle there are already books,but none based on how Casey became what she was.I've only ever followed one case before which was the Soham murders here in the UK.No Sunshine Law so not as open.I get no TH programmes so all my info is from the net.I would buy a book that explore this case fully like Ann Rule.I would buy the Anthony's book if it was co-written to tell everything honesty.
I have no interest in Casey except curiosity on how this will end for her.
Thank you for three years of fantastic information and opinions

I wouldn't expect to ever get an honest account of anything from Casey, Cindy, or George. Casey is just a liar. But George and Cindy most likely have scrutinized every memory they have of Casey's childhood - things they "should have" done better, signs they "should have" noticed, things like that. They don't want to seem like they didn't do the things necessary to prevent Casey from becoming the immature self-indulging killer she became. I think they did the best that they could with the skills that they had - which is what most of us do. Anyway, a book from any of them would be a fabrication. I think Lee would be the only one with nothing really to lose or gain - he's not responsible for his sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase