GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be stating something allready said but how do we know that she didnt say send the email so then the bf says what and calls her on the phone and then she does the rest of the talking on the phone and they just play it dows as some stupid school kids. As i said iam kinda new and dont know every detail so for all i know maybe they have the cell records and this has been awnsered but if they dont i could see that if my gf said that i would be calling immedientlly to see what was going on asap but then maybe they just play it down as just a prank and keep everything locked and whatever...i have not seen a google map but i know she was missing for a bit was she outside agains't the building the whole time and no one saw her or did someone only put her there the day she was found . Lastly the last thing i seen on this was a youtube interview with a friend or so called friend . he had long hair kinda chubby and made me think he was a complete weirdo.. just wondering if anyone thinks he has played a role in this...

Welcome to WS CanMan.
Your idea that the receiver of the email ( BF) could have called Lauren after he received the email is certainly a possibility. As I said above, we do not know anything regarding the LE interview with the BF, except that he was definitely interviewed and is not a POI.

Is the person you watched on the video Stephen McDaniel?
He is Lauren's next door neighbor who is currently in jail on burglary charges for entering the apartments and stealing 2 condoms. LE has declared 3 apartments at Barristers Hall the crime scene: Lauren's apt, McD's and one apartment downstairs.

Quick Summary:
The last communication from Lauren was on June 25 around 10:30 PM from her laptop in her apt. Prior to that she had been to Zaxbys at 6:30 PM and is on video picking up her food at the drive through. The receipt from the food was in her apt. So it appears that she did arrive back at her apartment.

During the time between June 25 and June 29th friends and family thought Lauren was studying for the upcoming bar. She had recently graduated Mercer Law School on May 14th.

When friends and family did not hear from Lauren from Sat night until Wed., they became concerned. Friends came to her apt looking for her on Wed night June 29th. They entered her apt using a key she kept outside her front door and found all of her personal belongings inside. Nothing appeared disturbed. Her belongings were in her apt.phone, keys, purse, etc. Mercer University Police and friends searched for Lauren on campus.

Next morning, Thursday, June 30, the Macon Police came to the apartment and did a search. That is the morning they discovered her torso in plastic in the trash can located on the left side of the apartment bld ( if you are facing the bld). Trash pick up day was Thursday.

LE has not provided any information as to how long the torso had been in that location. This is also the same morning Stephen McDaniel, Lauren's next door neighbor, was interviewed by the media and who guy may be the video you watched.

Also, on Thursday, June 30, McD's apt was searched and LE found a Master Key to all the apartments. That is also when they found stolen condoms.

The following morning, Friday, 6 AM, July 1, McD was arrested on the burglary charges and remains in jail to this day.

First search: June 30 and July 1
All the evidence (70 + items) was sent to Quantico, Va ( FBI Labs )

On June 12th second search of McDs apt.
On June 13th the refrigerator was removed by LE from the downstairs apt.
July 19 third search by LE of McD's apt.
In all searches items were removed.

Please see the Macon.com link below and type in Lauren Giddings for all details of the case.

http://www.macon.com/

You can also to go to the beginning of this thread and skim through the posts.
A lot of excellent information and discussion awaits you.

To all my WS friends- please correct me on any mis information in case my memory has failed me.
Thanks.

hi all, new to web sleuths but have spent the last few days reading through the forums.

Has it been definitely stated that the condoms were unused?

If they were used then wouldn't that mean SM would have access to someone elses DNA?

Just a thought might be way off track here

hi all, new to web sleuths but have spent the last few days reading through the forums.

Has it been definitely stated that the condoms were unused?

If they were used then wouldn't that mean SM would have access to someone elses DNA?

Just a thought might be way off track here

No, it has not been stated if they were unused at the time he stole them. I had the same question. He stole them 2 winters ago though, so I wonder if any DNA on them could be used for anything. I don't know how any DNA would hold up over time.

I just drove by the apartments today on my way in to work. There are no "Do Not Enter" signs on any of the doors, and the police officer is no longer there.

:anguish:
Well the condoms at least had to be out in plain sight, so that LE could see them, and then ask him why do you have those if you are not sexually active...and I agree that he thought he would impress them with his honesty about the condoms, and then get away with his dishonesty concerning Lauren. JMO

I'm wondering if they saw the condoms in the garbage or something and tripped him up by asking about him being sexually active and SMD not realizing that they even seen them there. Then he had to make up a story in a hurry as to why he had them. We don't know yet if she was sexually assaulted (I hate even saying this).

Are they reluctant to move his trial for burglary because then they would be forced to move any subsequent trial for murder?

Thanks to all for the informative discussion concerning the email. I've been trying to figure out who sent the email for awhile. Lauren or perp? But one scenario or the other always left me with questions that were difficult to answer.
If Lauren sent the email and was truly afraid of the Macon hoodlums why would she leave a spare key in such an obvious hiding place?
If the perp sent the email why would he send it so soon, potentially drawing people to look for Lauren much sooner than wanted?
I think PsychoMom's explanation fits well, especially if McDaniel is the perp.

I think Lauren sent the email but there wasn't much to it, she wasn't really afraid of the local hoodlums. She just mentioned them in the email. So the BF wasn't too concerned.
While going through Lauren's emails Joe and McDaniel come across the one sent to Lauren's BF. A small portion of that email may have contained something like this:
"Those Macon hoodlums were hanging out in the parking lot again Thursday night. They're the reason I bought the door jam. Just in case they try to break in. I can't wait to move to Atlanta."
Joe shrugs it off as unimportant but McDaniel sees an opening and goes with it, this email could save his butt. So he immediately points out that the hoodlums may have "snatched" her.
Later, during the media interview, McDaniel embeleshes on the email intentionally making it seem more significant and sinister.
Keep in mind that MPD confirmed an email was sent to the BF in Atlanta, but they did not confirm the contents of that email as described by McDaniel.

McDaniel did not have any tattoos. It is a medical bracelet. I am told he is drugged out of his mind.

McDaniel did not have any tattoos. It is a medical bracelet. I am told he is drugged out of his mind.

Drugged out of his mind on what? Is this confirmed? In the video, he talks to his lawyer, nodding and saying ok, so he's not that out of it.

It looks like a tattoo on his arm to me as well. You could visibly see it when he reached out to shake the lawyer's hand.

Thanks to all for the informative discussion concerning the email. I've been trying to figure out who sent the email for awhile. Lauren or perp? But one scenario or the other always left me with questions that were difficult to answer.
If Lauren sent the email and was truly afraid of the Macon hoodlums why would she leave a spare key in such an obvious hiding place?
If the perp sent the email why would he send it so soon, potentially drawing people to look for Lauren much sooner than wanted?
I think PsychoMom's explanation fits well, especially if McDaniel is the perp.

I think Lauren sent the email but there wasn't much to it, she wasn't really afraid of the local hoodlums. She just mentioned them in the email. So the BF wasn't too concerned.
While going through Lauren's emails Joe and McDaniel come across the one sent to Lauren's BF. A small portion of that email may have contained something like this:
"Those Macon hoodlums were hanging out in the parking lot again Thursday night. They're the reason I bought the door jam. Just in case they try to break in. I can't wait to move to Atlanta."
Joe shrugs it off as unimportant but McDaniel sees an opening and goes with it, this email could save his butt. So he immediately points out that the hoodlums may have "snatched" her.
Later, during the media interview, McDaniel embeleshes on the email intentionally making it seem more significant and sinister.
Keep in mind that MPD confirmed an email was sent to the BF in Atlanta, but they did not confirm the contents of that email as described by McDaniel.

All really good possibilities. But with the limited information we have now, it just doesn't add up.

Lauren was obviously a very intelligent woman who would not leave her key outside of her apartment if she had any fear of anyone breaking in. It just doesn't make sense. And then the fact that her BF (whether they were serious, casual, recently broken up, or whatever their status was) doesn't respond (to our knowledge) and as technically hooked up as everyone is these days, it shouldn't matter that he was out of town. A lot of people email from their cell phone these days. Especially, if he is an attorney. I would think he would want/need to be connected to his clients or support staff, when he is away from the office.

Forgive me if I am repeating something but do we know for sure that her bf did not respond?\

Maybe the perp had her write the email herself?

Just caught the news and watched the video of McD in the courtroom. I have to say, as I watched I felt pity for him. Just one of those emotions that washes over you for a moment. I look at him and wish I could crack that stony exterior and know what's really going on inside his head. Absolutely no visible sign of any emotion in him, what does that mean?

So no ruling was issued today and still no news on the lab results. This wait is so darn frustrating for us as interested parties in justice for Lauren. I can only imagine how painful this is for her family. The loss of their beloved Lauren, wanting answers, not being able to lay her to rest yet. How do familes go through this and go on with their lives?

Denial is a coping and survival tool. Could you imagine being the parent of someone who committed this crime? You love your child, but you are horrified at what they did to another human being? As I said before, I know nothing about his parents, but I hope people are able to have compassion for them too if he is indicted.

Just a thought ... it's been mentioned here the detail McD used in describing certain things pertaining to LG. Living next door to LG, he would've known whenever she left her apartment, and he probably knew her class schedule. We know that McD also had the master key to all of the apartments in his possession. If LG habitually left her computer turned on while she was gone, McD could've had routine access to it - including to her emails. If so, McD could've learned a lot of details about LG's life that few others knew, and appeared much closer to her than he really was. Maybe that's how he learned about the graduation party and *possibly* the pending camping trip (unconfirmed)?

Without knowing specifics about the last email sent from LG's computer, we simply can't make sense of it. Even if it was composed and sent by the killer, there would be aspects of the email that don't seem to fit into any crime scenario because no crime is totally foolproof. Criminals often expose their guilt by trying to conceal it.

So, LG let SM go to The Federalist Society meeting in Washington in her place.

He was able to meet Clarence Thomas, as per his mother in a previous article.

I am guessing it was probably in November 2007.

LG had known SM at least that long, it seems.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas sits with his wife, Virginia Lamp Thomas, as he is introduced at the Federalist Society in Washington, D.C., on Nov. 15, 2007.

http://www.npr.org/2010/11/15/131343076/clarence-thomas-wife-quits-tea-party-linked-group

The Federalist Society Facebook Group:

https://www.facebook.com/Federalist.Society

Twitter Group:

http://twitter.com/#!/FedSoc/followers

. We know that McD also had the master key to all of the apartments in his possession. If LG habitually left her computer turned on while she was gone, McD could've had routine access to it - including to her emails. If so, McD could've learned a lot of details about LG's life that few others knew, and appeared much closer to her than he really was. Maybe that's how he learned about the graduation party and *possibly* the pending camping trip (unconfirmed)?

Without knowing specifics about the last email sent from LG's computer, we simply can't make sense of it. Even if it was composed and sent by the killer, there would be aspects of the email that don't seem to fit into any crime scenario because no crime is totally foolproof. Criminals often expose their guilt by trying to conceal it.

Very good points. I really do feel like he lived vicariously through other people, and especially Lauren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288