GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of postings made by AH's nephew on his Facebook page. On July 16th he posts about her being on her way and being excited that she was bringing his baby cousin. (Little did he know what else she was bringing.) On July 20 he posted a photo of the baby.

Boy, how ultimately sad this has proven to be.

That is correct, you memory is just fine. I did see detectives the same day the car was found. About 1/2 before the report came across about the car. About 20 minutes after the detectives arrived 15 to 20 armed, bullet proof vest detectives came swarmming in like something major was going down.. nothing has been mentioned about that anywhere. Someone found a crime report that was said that all that was over "assault by having the fingers in the face " something along those lines. Either wasy that kind of crime didn't warrant thaa many officers

Thank you for the confirmation. The incident does sound huge.....and to have had no follow up in the media, etc. is very strange. Maybe this is part of their investigation they are having to keep quiet about until they are ready to try the case. Could be this 'invasion' by LE gave them the clues they needed to track everything to Texas?

There is another person impacted as well, Amanda's 21ish year old daughter. I pray she was not involved in this. No winners here.

And this goes without saying, but please, no bond. They would skip back to the British Virgin Islands if they could raise the dough. They would never let them out on bond, would they? I don't know, but I suspect this couple lives hand to mouth, neither having a steady job, and maybe even doing some "import" business on the side. I realize I am totally speculating. But a guy who plays local gigs like Mellow Mushroom and Oliver Twist doesn't get much money for gigs like that. He talks in a very grandiose manner (the You Tube "interview") but in truth, he's just a wanna be superstar musician who is overly taken with himself.

And I just love that he put "him and the boys" on his last Facebook profile pic hours before being arrested. Manipulate the media to think you are "the family man."

Amanda's eyes (not just her mug shot) look to me like someone who may use chemical substances (IMO - speculation). And Grant looks constantly stoned to me, esp in that You Tube video.

If I'm not allowed to say that, Mods pls edit.

And, have you heard? The little boys and baby were on the "road trip" with the UHaul to Texas.

And they apparently just found her head. Big tears for Laura's soul and the children tonight.

There is another person impacted as well, Amanda's 21ish year old daughter. I pray she was not involved in this. No winners here.

And this goes without saying, but please, no bond. They would skip back to the British Virgin Islands if they could raise the dough. They would never let them out on bond, would they? I don't know, but I suspect this couple lives hand to mouth, neither having a steady job, and maybe even doing some "import" business on the side. I realize I am totally speculating. But a guy who plays local gigs like Mellow Mushroom and Oliver Twist doesn't get much money for gigs like that. He talks in a very grandiose manner (the You Tube "interview") but in truth, he's just a wanna be superstar musician who is overly taken with himself.

And I just love that he put "him and the boys" on his last Facebook profile pic hours before being arrested. Manipulate the media to think you are "the family man."

Amanda's eyes (not must her mug shot) look to me like someone who may use chemical substances (IMO - speculation). And Grant looks constantly stoned to me, esp in that You Tube video.

And, have you heard? The little boys and baby were on the "road trip" with the UHaul to Texas.

And they apparently just found her head. Big tears for Laura's soul and the children tonight.

Love your thoughts on this. I totally agree with the two of them and their lifestyle.
I had not heard for sure that the kids were with them on the trip. How awful. Other than the nephew's FB entry that his aunt was coming with the baby.
As gruesome as it is, I'm glad they found her head. The speculation is now over.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/jul...rs-body-raleigh-missing-person-ca-ar-1235828/

Interesting comment at the end of the article. A woman claims to know Laura and Grant and says that GH started a relationship with AH after LA left the Virgin Islands to take the younger son back to the US for medical issues. Laura was planning to return to the island but never did.

So happy the woman wrote (at the end of the article) to somewhat straighten out the facts. Very interesting insight from somebody who actually knew them.

Geesh- what a cruel killing. Makes you really wonder about the minds of some people.

Here are a couple of postings made by AH's nephew on his Facebook page. On July 16th he posts about her being on her way and being excited that she was bringing his baby cousin. (Little did he know what else she was bringing.) On July 20 he posted a photo of the baby.

Don't these people set their profiles to private?

And the baby is sleeping on the tummy -- which is a SIDS risk

Wow. So if her car was still in Raleigh at the apt. complex, how did she get to Houston? Why wouldn't she tell her ex that she was not going to pick up the kids? Strange. All of this is very strange.

Oh, I am so sad for her, and those poor, poor kids.[/QUOTE

I am still finding all of this strange myself. If she was with family then how did'nt they know she had been reported missing? It just doesn't add up. I have been speaking with her family via thier facebook page (a sister) she doesnt seem to know of any family from TX on her fathers side not sure about her mothers side... Theres alot to this story we must not know! Either way my thoughts and prayers are with those children and whom ever her family may be.. I hope one day they have answers because for right now I still have tons of questions...

apparently she was taken to texas inside a number of ice chests after having been murdered and dismembered. the ex's current wife is the one with family in texas. according to wral.com, they have found only 60% of the victim's body.
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07/25/1368102/arrest-warrant-missing-kinston.html

this poor woman was murdered less than a mile from my house.

Yes, it was reported that LA was living with ex's parents.

That being the case, I cannot figure out how "mom" didn't know if LA was a good mother. IIRC, she had commented that "as far as I knew, she was a good Mom". It was almost as if she were distancing herself from LA. (This was during an interview prior to the news breaking on what really happened).

Its so sad how predictable most of these cases are....

Amanda's eyes (not just her mug shot) look to me like someone who may use chemical substances (IMO - speculation). And Grant looks constantly stoned to me, esp in that You Tube video.

:eek: I was so worried that was the case.

How odd she was living with the ex's parents. That must have been so awkward. I also read that she was estranged from her family.

Yes, it was reported that LA was living with ex's parents.

That being the case, I cannot figure out how "mom" didn't know if LA was a good mother. IIRC, she had commented that "as far as I knew, she was a good Mom". It was almost as if she were distancing herself from LA. (This was during an interview prior to the news breaking on what really happened).

wonder who drove the u haul? they couldnt have fit everyone up front! car seats! I wonder if they got rid of the u haul before arriving at the sisters? That would seem strange to pull of for a visit in the u haul. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong