The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I certainly agree CA is a manipulator herself and did not raise FCA correctly, FCA is a sociopath and history has shown these evil people don't uniformly come about because of bad parenting. However, had CA and GA done a better job of raising FCA, not enabling her, more discipline, not trying to be Caylee's mom, etc. this tragedy could have been prevented.

To me, once you have isolated who the sociopath is when there is a major felony like this, you've got the cause.

Cindy is a nut but she isn't a sociopath.

:twocents:

I agree Cindy isn't a sociopath. I will disgree because I think the words "nut" and "enabler" are too begnin for Cindy.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a person's reasoning and thinking when they are willing to go to the lengths that CA and GA went to cover for Casey. Normal/Sane people don't behave that way. CA went took enabling to a whole different level. She was the mastermind of creating facade in that family. Casey learned it from her and then took it to the pathological level when she realized there were no consequences to her actions and her mom would actual believe her lies and perpetuate them. George became a gambler and womanizer. Lucky for Lee, at the present time, he appears to have been the least affected by the crazy gene.

My take on Cindy is that her concern was more about herself. How would everything reflect on her. She needed everyone to think that she was the perfect mother and grandmother.
I remember not long after the story broke, an interview she did with Megyn Kelly, she was so obnoxious and tried to control the interview, her and Megyn got into it, iirc Megyn told her off and Cindy may have hung up. There have been so many instances like that since then.

I think she would do anything, even lie like we've all seen, to protect Casey in the public eye, even though she knows casey is the one responsible for what happened to Caylee. How would it reflect on Cindy to have a daughter convicted of murder? Plus she would have to admit so many people were right and she seems way too controlling for that.

But behind closed doors is something else.

George has no backbone, he did seem to try to do the right thing in the beginning, he really wanted to get answers even if it was proven it was his daughter being the one responsible. but he caved to Cindy's demands. He went along though, and now he has to live with it, that and being thrown under the bus.

JMHO

Everything the A's said after the 911 calls is questionable. Who knows exactly what was removed from the car/hearse. They made up scenarios to paint FCA as a loving mother. They hid things which would have brought this case to trial much sooner. They did not want anyone looking for a body, and kept up the pretense of a live Caylee Marie and "begging the public for sightings". The false sightings were a waste of LE effort, money but it helped prolong the public's conception that Caylee Marie was alive.
CA stage-managed everything, and nothing new (or true) had come out of FCA's mouth.
George had to fall in line, and he probably was given handouts by CA of his role to play and what to say. LA was more of a bit player, and I don't think he had ever relished his role as an uncle, he was distant, aloof. CA was the web-master. She determined to portray and convey that this was a close happy well-adjusted family.
Sadly, the lies brought more and profitable media attention. This high-profile case worked to the A's advantage, in the end. They were the darlings of the media, and just so fascinating.
Notice how the jury examined them and all their strange behaviors so intently under the microscrope as if they were an unknown species. Examined. Unh-unh. The X-rated was a quick down-and-dirty way to go. No lingering thoughts would keep them there.

Everything the A's said after the 911 calls is questionable. Who knows exactly what was removed from the car/hearse. They made up scenarios to paint FCA as a loving mother. They hid things which would have brought this case to trial much sooner. They did not want anyone looking for a body, and kept up the pretense of a live Caylee Marie and "begging the public for sightings". The false sightings were a waste of LE effort, money but it helped prolong the public's conception that Caylee Marie was alive.
CA stage-managed everything, and nothing new (or true) had come out of FCA's mouth.
George had to fall in line, and he probably was given handouts by CA of his role to play and what to say. LA was more of a bit player, and I don't think he had ever relished his role as an uncle, he was distant, aloof. CA was the web-master. She determined to portray and convey that this was a close happy well-adjusted family.
Sadly, the lies brought more and profitable media attention. This high-profile case worked to the A's advantage, in the end. They were the darlings of the media, and just so fascinating.
Notice how the jury examined them and all their strange behaviors so intently under the microscrope as if they were an unknown species. Examined. Unh-unh. The X-rated was a quick down-and-dirty way to go. No lingering thoughts would keep them there.

IMO, GA/CA (GA as a former homicide detective) knew Caylee was dead on 7/15/08 after they picked up the car from the tow yard and after FCA was located. Anything said by them after that was orchestrated as damage control to deflect attention away from the princess ...

Okay I've not posted on this thread for a few days now. So I decided to go back and look over the entire a case one more time with a thin comb before I posted again concerning the verdict. Well guess what......surprise surprise. She is still 100% GUILTY in my opinion and I of course disagree with the verdict.

Above is how the conversation went. I found an article where Susan's husband stated she suffered Postpartum with each of her children's births. Someone thought I was confusing the 2, but I don't believe I was. It appears they both suffered from it.

And, the bolded post above referring to a sentence in the link I provided through Pubmed Health, I do not see the sentence anywhere located on that link. This link is referring to Postpartum Depression, not the "Baby Blues" (which does go away on it's own and most women experience this).

ETA: I believe the section you were referring to is this:

That is not referring to postpartum depression though.

BBM - That's strange. He wrote a book about his marriage with Susan---no mention of PPD.

IMO

Interesting, because I remember quotes that said Caylee just had a blank look when asked about Zanny and she never mentioned what she did over there.

I guess we are going to need some links...how about someone who remembers it being said that Caylee mentioned Zanny finding a link or two?
That used to be part of any statement here at WS.

I remember during GA's testimony at trial, he said he asked KC and Caylee where they were going on June 16 when they were walking out the door, and it was Caylee that said "Zanny's". That threw me for a loop. I wanted to know more about it. Did Caylee sound excited? Did she sound like it was a new adventure they were going on? Had she ever mentioned Caylee in GA's presence before that?

Interesting, because I remember quotes that said Caylee just had a blank look when asked about Zanny and she never mentioned what she did over there.

I guess we are going to need some links...how about someone who remembers it being said that Caylee mentioned Zanny finding a link or two?
That used to be part of any statement here at WS.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZCKwN9hDg&feature=player_embedded"]‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial Day 12 - 5/24/11 Part 26 "George Anthony"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] (4:20)

Where did he, Susan Smith's husband, acknowledge that SS suffered from PPD?

I simply asked to post where he said it and I will stand corrected.

Here is the link that you posted again.

http://articles.cnn.com/2001-07-06/us/smith.yates_1_yates-children-andrea-yates-susan-smith?_s=PM:US

Wow, I just realized the quote was Andrea's husband... not Susan's. My mistake! I do know that a lot of links I saw in the search refer to Susan suffering from Postpartum psychosis, but that could be speculation.

thought this summed up the trial, verdict pretty good

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6954991&postcount=10"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.07.26 Today's Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

But the prosecution had it right when it argued that the defense was sending the jury down the rabbit hole to a world of bizarre unreasonableness. A medical examiner testified at trial that in 100% of accidental-drowning cases involving a child, 911 is called. Not here. Why would George retrieve Casey's car? It would have been imminently crushed at the junkyard. Why would he use the same duct tape on Caylee's body that he used in putting up "Missing Caylee" signs? If he wanted to make it look like a murder by a stranger unconnected to the family, why would he hide the body such a short distance from home? And why would he risk framing his daughter for capital murder for which she might have been executed? Thus, George's supposed involvement in a cover-up of an accident becomes an "impossibility" in the legal sense that George's purported involvement in Caylee's death does not create a reasonable doubt in this case. Why didn't one juror press these matters during deliberations?

In a circumstantial case, there are always unexplained tidbits and gaps in the evidence. The creepy meter reader. George's alleged mistress. But many mosaic pieces can be missing and one can still figure out — with absolute certainty — what the picture is. How many letters can be missing when you are absolutely certain of the "Wheel of Fortune" word puzzle? The jury never did this.

Cindy was a very sick person from the start. Just look at after July 16TH. Casey claimed that Caylee was "kidnapped" and HIDDEN away someplace. Yet Cindy went on a nation wide witch hunt to find Caylee look a likes. Cindy wanted every white 2.5 - 3 year old child in American and places beyond looked at as Caylee. It mattered not to Cindy the problems the caused for so many innocent parents, or their children. Just keep those phony impossible Caylee sightings coming in and the cash with them. And never an apology to the effected parents or children. Cindy knew Caylee was dead. Yet only saw $$$$ dollar signs in her eyes to be made.

Yet the law has done nothing about Cindy WHY??????????????????????

Cindy was a very sick person from the start. Just look at after July 16TH. Casey claimed that Caylee was "kidnapped" and HIDDEN away someplace. Yet Cindy went on a nation wide witch hunt to find Caylee look a likes. Cindy wanted every white 2.5 - 3 year old child in American and places beyond looked at as Caylee. It mattered not to Cindy the problems the caused for so many innocent parents, or their children. Just keep those phony impossible Caylee sightings coming in and the cash with them. And never an apology to the effected parents or children. Cindy knew Caylee was dead. Yet only saw $$$$ dollar signs in her eyes to be made.

Yet the law has done nothing about Cindy WHY??????????????????????

I'm guessing the law is ignoring Cindy because her grandchild was killed and her daughter was in jail for 3 years. Some kind of sympathy thing. I don't agree with it. :banghead:

I'm guessing the law is ignoring Cindy because her grandchild was killed and her daughter was in jail for 3 years. Some kind of sympathy thing. I don't agree with it. :banghead:

I respectfully disagree. The way Cindy mistreated the LE department? Come on here. The police hated Cindy and her evil lying ways. Why would they go out of their way to help her??? Heck the Orange County Police were not even good enough for Cindy to speak to. She called the FBI in! Cindy openly impeded the LE investigation as well.

No, there has to be some other reason here.IMO

I respectfully disagree. The way Cindy mistreated the LE department? Come on here. The police hated Cindy and her evil lying ways. Why would they go out of their way to help her??? Heck the Orange County Police were not even good enough for Cindy to speak to. She called the FBI in! Cindy openly impeded the LE investigation as well.

No, there has to be some other reason here.IMO

Do some research. Very often this happens in cases where a relative should be charged but isn't.

Scott P was convicted of killing his wife and unborn son. Scott's mother was reported to have withheld phone calls and other info from LE. According to LE she wasn't charged because she's lost her grandchild and her son received the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks