The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather ironic. JB got GA to admit, under oath, that he would lie for his daughter. That if he had to testify against her he would take the consequences and fail to appear. I thought that it was odd, at the time, that line of questioning by JB. Okay, now I see it. GA is a liar, he admitted that he would lie for FCA. But instead, JB with FCA aimed the poison darts at GA with lies of sexual molestation. The jury was all to eager then to regard GA as the evil one. The jury let the evil one go.
Yes, GA lied. He lied about his affair with that woman. I don't blame him. Also, it's clear that CA knows and doesn't want to leave him.
GA lied about Caylee Marie speaking of the nanny. He probably did not see FCA and Caylee Marie leave on June 16th. But GA lied to protect FCA.
CA lied about Caylee Marie and there was a nanny with a dog. CA started out lying to protect FCA, then she realized how she enjoyed being sought after by the media. CA is a web spinner. She cleaned up and covered up, and she had an amazing memory and could recount what went on at given times, after June 15 that is. She must have had a hidden tape recorder when she lwft her house. She provided so much detail, remembered all those names, but she never got curious about detail those days when FCA took Caylee Marie "to the nanny before she went on to work".

One unanswered question that the jurors never asked....if FCA didn't have a job or a nanny, where did she go and what did she do with that babe. There was no nanny. No job. FCA was a liar and a thief. She conned everybody, loved to lie, lived to lie, and now she gets to live because she lied. The jury didn't have a problem with all the lies FCA told. Even her own attorney called her a liar, and worse. But they could turn right around and say "FCA was a good mother" cause her friends said so, and FCA was a good liar, but we don't have any reason to charge her because her child is dead and we don't know how she died.
Wow!!!

8) FCA was the last person seen with Caylee. Even FCA admits she was the last person to have Caylee......before she handed to over to imaginary ZFG.

That would include the A's testimony though.

IMO, I couldn't throw all the forensic evidence and still vote Guilty. With the forensic evidence, I couldn't vote guilty.

CA was asked about Zanny and then talks about the dog....

Yes, I remember the classically sick Cindy Zanny - puppy line. "If there is a puppy, then there is a Zanny."

Why did the police interviewers let all these insane lies go unchallenged in interviewing her under oath????

IMO, the author knows there will always be a dispute between experts from the State and the defense. It happens in any trial like this with circumstantial evidence. He talks about all of the factors pointing to FCA's consciousness of guilt as evidence the jury obviously overlooked.

I could have thrown out all of the experts' testimony and the testimony by the A's. To convict her of aggravated child abuse and felony murder, all I would have needed is :

1) FCA not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days
2) FCA's behavior during those 31 days
3) FCA lying to police
4) No 911 call to police suggesting an accident
5) Smell of death in the Sunfire
6) Bella Vita tattoo
7) Caylee found in woods with objects from Anthony home

All of that and a little common sense and FCA would be sitting in a 6x8 cell at Lowell CI right now.

I honestly am not trying to sound argumentative with this post so please do not take it that way. I am genuinely interested in seeing another side to this as I think this is where all the confusion is coming from regarding why the jury came to the decision that they did.

If you went on the 7 items you listed above, you say that you could find her guilty of felony murder and aggravated child abuse but I don’t see how as they don't meet the requirements that are needed to find her guilty of these two charges and I think that’s why the verdict came back the way it did. To find the person guilty of these two charges the SA has to prove the following elements (listed below) beyond a reasonable doubt:

Felony Murder:
1. Caylee Marie Anthony is dead.

2. The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was engaged in the commission of Aggravated Child Abuse.
or The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was attempting to commit Aggravated Child Abuse.

3. Casey Marie Anthony was the person who actually killed Caylee Marie Anthony.

Now we obviously know that #1 is true but if you look at the 7 items you listed above how can it be said that #2 occurred and that #3 is true. I don’t see the proof of these two.

Aggravated Child Abuse:

1. Casey Marie Anthony knowingly or willfully committed child abuse upon Caylee Marie Anthony and in so doing caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement.

2. Caylee Marie Anthony was under the age of eighteen years. “Willfully” means intentionally, knowingly and purposely.

With this charge, none of the 7 items listed above meet the elements of #1 which is needed to convict her of this charge. That’s what is so frustrating, because I do believe that she is guilty of Child Abuse for not getting help or reporting her missing, but her actions don't meet the requirements to find her guilty of this charge.

Again, I mean no disrespect to your post I'm just trying to understand.

I honestly am not trying to sound argumentative with this post so please do not take it that way. I am genuinely interested in seeing another side to this as I think this is where all the confusion is coming from regarding why the jury came to the decision that they did.

If you went on the 7 items you listed above, you say that you could find her guilty of felony murder and aggravated child abuse but I don’t see how as they don't meet the requirement that are needed to find her guilty of these two charges and I think that’s why the verdict came back the way it did. To find the person guilty of these two charges the SA has to prove the following elements (listed below) beyond a reasonable doubt:

Felony Murder:

2. The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was engaged in the commission of Aggravated Child Abuse.
or The death occurred as a consequence of and while Casey Marie Anthony was attempting to commit Aggravated Child Abuse.

Now we obviously know that #1 is true but if you look at the 7 items you listed above how can it be said that #2 occurred and that #3 is true. I don’t see the proof of these two.

Aggravated Child Abuse:

1. Casey Marie Anthony knowingly or willfully committed child abuse upon Caylee Marie Anthony and in so doing caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement.

2. Caylee Marie Anthony was under the age of eighteen years. “Willfully” means intentionally, knowingly and purposely.

With this charge, none of the 7 items listed above meet the elements of #1 which is needed to convict her of this charge. That’s what is so frustrating, because I do believe that she is guilty of Child Abuse for not getting help or reporting her missing, but her actions don't meet the requirements to find her guilty of this charge.

Sure, my original post said I would use those (7) items and a little common sense. Common sense in that I would have connected all of those (7) items together to arrive at my decision.

I think items 1-4 & 6 are a given. That leaves #5 and #7.

5) Smell of death in the Sunfire - who was driving the Sunfire and dumped it at the Amscot right next to a dumpster ? Who texted AH about the smell in her car ? Who left a bag of trash in the car to disguise the smell of the decomp ? Who never called her parents to tell them the car was at the Amscot ?

7) Caylee found in woods with items connected to Anthony home - if you choose to look at #7 by itself, one could concur that any of the Anthony's (x/c for maybe Lee) could have dumped Caylee in the woods.
I would have to exclude CA, due to the stress and emotion demonstrated in her 911 call. Now I'm left with FCA and GA ... to me, GA does not meet any of my other (6) list items and FCA had access to all of the items found at the crime scene and was the last person to drive the Sunfire. Placing duct tape over a child's mouth & nose is aggravated child abuse and Caylee died as a result leading me to felony murder.

Common sense tells me to look at the consciousness of guilt shown by FCA in my items 1,2,3,5,6 ( #5 b/c she dumped the car at Amscot and didn't bother to call her parents to come and get the car). Common sense tells me that #4 rules out an accident.

Connecting those dots leaves me with only one person - the one who got off ...

Now....I wonder if LE can consider this cased closed even though they don't know how Caylee Marie died or who taped her up, killed her and dumped her. Could they possibly start a new case, the subject being illegal disposal of a body. Could they then consider that all the evidence revolving around this is part of an unsolved crime and therefore can not be released. That will stop CA, GA and FCA fighting over which one gets the spoils. Can't get any lower than that, can they. Caylee Marie only has value in what is "left" of her. The car, blanket, all of that, evidence, even though the jury didn't view it as such. Who knows maybe somebody will confess and tell the truth so LE can put a name to Caylee Marie's killer and mark it solved, giving a small tilt to the scales of justice.

If you went on the 7 items you listed above, you say that you could find her guilty of felony murder and aggravated child abuse but I don’t see how as they don't meet the requirements that are needed to find her guilty of these two charges and I think that’s why the verdict came back the way it did. To find the person guilty of these two charges the SA has to prove the following elements (listed below) beyond a reasonable doubt:

Felony Murder:

Aggravated Child Abuse:

The proof of #2 and #3 FOR ME, is based off the list Sustained provided:

1) FCA not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days
2) FCA's behavior during those 31 days

There is no reasonable excuse to avoid the people who would ultimately pressure her the most to produce her living, breathing daughter to them. An innocent person would not behave the way FCA did while knowing her child was dead and rotting. An innocent person would contact the authorities. FCA was determined to be competent to stand trial by 3 doctors. This means she knows the difference between right and wrong, has impulse control, and is not suffering from a mental disease.

3) FCA lying to police

You don't lie to the cops unless you are hiding something. Since her daughter was dead, and that is exactly what she was lying about, she was hiding the fact that her daughter was dead. Innocent people don't do that.

4) No 911 call to police suggesting an accident

To me, means there was no accident.

5) Smell of death in the Sunfire

She drove the car, made excuses for the smell, and ditched the car. I've never smelled a decomposing human body, but enough witnesses said it smelled like human decomp that I am convinced without a doubt that's what it was. Your car doesn't smell like a dead body unless at some point, a dead body was in your car. Her daughter was dead, and her car smelled like a dead body. There is no other way for me to spin this. I mean, I guess the question that comes up the most is why didn't everyone who came in contact with the car smell it? I don't know. But I don't need everyone to smell it to be convinced the smell was there.

6) Bella Vita tattoo

I feel like this one fits in to #2.

7) Caylee found in woods with objects from Anthony home

What are the chances that someone other than FCA would dump the body of her daughter with duct tape from their home, Caylee's blanket, in garbage bags matching those from her home, in a laundry bag that matches one from their home, in a spot in the woods where she and a childhood friend used to hang out? Zero, Zilch, Nada. Again, an innocent person doesn't try to hide a body.

Now, for me, I don't break all these things apart to come to my conclusion. It's her behavior + her lying about it + not reporting it + where Caylee was found + the items from the house + the smell of the car. I just don't believe, in my core, that someone reacting to an accidental death would do the things FCA did. But that's just me.

Generally speaking, if it was an accident or someone else was responsible, she would have reported it. She knew right from wrong.

Don't act like you're guilty, people won't think you're guilty. :twocents:

Thank you, Sustained, for providing the great list for me to jump off of, and Who_What_When for posing the question! :clap:

Entire post = MOO

Yes, I remember the classically sick Cindy Zanny - puppy line. "If there is a puppy, then there is a Zanny."

Why did the police interviewers let all these insane lies go unchallenged in interviewing her under oath
????
They didn't Yuri called her out on it!

All the lying! While little Caylee was missing... IMO they were more concerned with getting their stories lined up than where Caylee was
or what had happened to her. There is just no excuse.
arguing with Yuri. He's got her # hope he still believes the bull she fed him.
I don't think OSCO really cares anymore.... jmho
they want to be rid of all the members of this family-

**Yuri asks CA why she lied in the media about how long it took them to get the car.

They get into it a little aroung page 318.

*Remember KC had to have sex to get pregnant? Again CA knew KC was having sex.

*We knew GA lied about the car chase with KC when she had Ca's gar. Here CA verifies at no time did she not have her green toyota.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/9270330/Casey-Anthony-Cindy-Anthony-April-2009-Statement
see photos

Attachments

• car sat 2.jpg
    car sat 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 18
  • sex.jpg
    sex.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 17
  • epass.jpg
    epass.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 17
As stated many times before by others on this board. Her actions alone before and after were more then enough evidence to convict her IMO and that would be based on me not knowing one thing about the case prior to the trial.

Interesting article.

The only thing I have to wonder though is why the author didn't see the dispute in the evidence with expert witnesses stating 2 completely different facts about most of the evidence.

If the experts agreed on most, if not all of the evidence (chloroform, duct tape, decomposition fluids in the trunk, entomology, etc), then I'm sure the case would've been pretty simple to decide. But, instead you had experts arguing that the chloroform was either extremely high levels (although this is not a quantitative study) or levels that equate to cleaning products (which I believe was from a quantitative study). Experts arguing the tape was adhered to the mouth/nose before decomp, or just happened to fall there in the process of weather and animal activity. Experts arguing if the chemicals in the trunk matched decomposition fluids, or the chemicals could be related to the other food items in the trunk. Experts arguing that the fact there were no first colonizers in the trunk meant that the body had been stored somewhere else previously/first colonizers were secluded from the body somehow, or that the body was never in the trunk of Casey's car meaning there wasn't a link to her having anything to do with bringing Caylee there.

IMO (bolded and italicized for a purpose), if you walked into trial with the idea that she was probably guilty or was guilty, and were waiting for the Guilty verdict for the whole 6 weeks the trial took; it would be easy to see this evidence pointing directly to her. If you walked into the trial without knowing a lot of details on the case, unsure of what really happened, and thought she could be innocent; this evidence would be extremely faulty. Again MOO

None of those members of the jury had followed this case, knew anything about this case, never listened to any media show and tell, for what...three years and had not formed any opinions about FCA. That was a long time for all of them to live in such an uninformed state about the Anthony family. Short time, though, really really short time, incredibly short time for them to reach their verdict. Three years of accumulated facts, a dead baby taped up and toss in a swamp. That was so much to think about, really.
Much easier to not ponder that grim evidence....let the jury think about sexual molestation, and a perverted GA. Throw in some dirt, stir it up, and done. And then pat yourself on the back and call it Justice. That is perverted, calling it Justice.

I realize it's been weeks since the Not Guilty verdict and I am still trying to wrap my mind around WHY??? Why??? Why???

A precious, innocent baby is dead! She was not reported missing by her mother, the "caregiver". Contrary to the jury's comment that they couldn't decide who the caregiver was, it was the MOTHER!!!! The baby being missing for 31 days without being reported missing spells T.R.O.U.B.L.E. to me! The "mother" out "slutting" around, drinking, boozing, screwing & tattooing (per MN) without showing any grief or remorse spoke volumes to me. Her WTF attitude on her first jail call to home spoke volumes also. IMO, she is guilty as sin and will ultimately pay for her sin. That is the only solace I have right now.

I live in a rural area, our county's population is around 45,000 people. I never knew other people in my area was watching this case or even remotely interested in it but I was pleasantly surprised. Some sweet soul paid for a billboard that reads "JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE Please boycott all movie & book deals offered to Casey Anthony" I was beyond proud when my friend told me about the billboard!!! I will post a picture of it when I get up that way to take a picture. So even in my little neck of the woods, Caylee Marie has touched other hearts as she touched mine.

Rest in peace sweet baby girl. Your justice will come. From Shawshank Redemption...."His judgement cometh and that right soon".

Interesting article.

The only thing I have to wonder though is why the author didn't see the dispute in the evidence with expert witnesses stating 2 completely different facts about most of the evidence.

If the experts agreed on most, if not all of the evidence (chloroform, duct tape, decomposition fluids in the trunk, entomology, etc), then I'm sure the case would've been pretty simple to decide. But, instead

(1) ...you had experts arguing that the chloroform was either extremely high levels (although this is not a quantitative study) or levels that equate to cleaning products (which I believe was from a quantitative study).

(2) Experts arguing the tape was adhered to the mouth/nose before decomp, or just happened to fall there in the process of weather and animal activity.

(3) Experts arguing if the chemicals in the trunk matched decomposition fluids, or the chemicals could be related to the other food items in the trunk.

(4) Experts arguing that the fact there were no first colonizers in the trunk meant that the body had been stored somewhere else previously/first colonizers were secluded from the body somehow, or that the body was never in the trunk of Casey's car meaning there wasn't a link to her having anything to do with bringing Caylee there.

IMO (bolded and italicized for a purpose), if you walked into trial with the idea that she was probably guilty or was guilty, and were waiting for the Guilty verdict for the whole 6 weeks the trial took; it would be easy to see this evidence pointing directly to her. If you walked into the trial without knowing a lot of details on the case, unsure of what really happened, and thought she could be innocent; this evidence would be extremely faulty. Again MOO

(Post broken down into 1 thru 4 for clarity.)

The defense obviously planted reasonable doubt, because 3+ weeks have gone by and we still have people hashing out what the evidence/experts did or didn't prove.

(1) Chloroform: The States witness was reporting on chloroform in the trunk's AIR, while the DT compared levels ON the carpet (apples and oranges).

(2) Duct-tape - according to Dr G the tape had to be placed before decomposition began, otherwise it would not have held the mandible in place. The jury really believed that just by chance that duct tape ended up wrapped across Caylee's little face and into her hair? Or more unbelievable, someone came across the remains, found a hair mat, found the skull, found the mandible, had access to GA's tape (aged it to look like it had been in the swamp for 6 months) and set the stage to make it look like Caylee had been duct tapped all along.

(3) There was no spoiled food in the trunk, that theory was debunked!

(4) The trunk had been cleaned by CA and probably by CFCA, in an attempt to alleviate the horrible smell. Wouldn't it make sense that a vacuum may have been used (the kind you drop a couple quarters in)? As lazy as I believe CFCA is, I also believe she would have attempted to fix this little problem before she just abandoned the car completely.

Re BBM

Having followed this case from Day 31 (like many here), reading, studying, learning along the way about all of the discovery, I expected the jury to do the same. That was their "job", to understand what the state and the DT laid out for them, decide what made sense from what didn't make sense and connect the dots. We know they didn't do this. They didn't even attempt to do this!

After a lot of reflection I believe this trial (with this jury) could have been completed in 4 days tops - Opening Statements, Closing Statements (with a few sidebars thrown in for good measure), then 10 hours for deliberations. They could have skipped all the witnesses, evidence and Juror instructions completely because based on their own statements they disregarded everything anyway!

I still have not reconciled in my own mind how this happened. Not the verdict, that I get, the Pinellas 12 wanted the trial to be over, they wanted to go home (or on their cruises/Disney vaca's) What I don't get is how 12 people could make the decision to blow off their duty to the VICTIM, without any attempt to actually deliberate, discuss or inspect the evidence for themselves. Before I could find someone NG I would have to look at everything just to be sure I hadn't missed something important, just exactly the same way I would before handing down a GUILTY verdict. The defendant and the VICTIM deserve no less.

I am still sickened by the verdict...knowing that CA is out free to do whatever she wants...this was a smack in the face, a blow to the stomach...and I sure hope that she really gets what she deserves...and that everyone will help boycott anyone trying to put money her hands....anyone that pays her a penny...in my opinion has Caylee's blood on their hands, as well as the jurors that let her walk free. I sure hope that they can live with what they have done....I wonder how they sleep at night.

I remember back before little Caylee's remains were found...that was my prayer every night, that she would be found, so they could get justice for her, and put that monster away. I CAN NOT BELIEVE that they found 12 people that would drink the koolaid...I was woke up with the news that they had found Caylee. Now I pray every night that I wake up with the news that they have found CA's body....thats the only justice in my eyes. An eye for an eye, a life for a life....

I cried like a baby when I heard the verdict, as I know many others did as well...she was family to us...she was loved and will never be forgotten...and I will never accept this verdict...there was no justice....

The defense obviously planted reasonable doubt, because 3+ weeks have gone by and we still have people hashing out what the evidence/experts did or didn't prove.

(1) Chloroform: The States witness was reporting on chloroform in the trunk's AIR, while the DT compared levels ON the carpet (apples and oranges).

(2) Duct-tape - according to Dr G the tape had to be placed before decomposition began, otherwise it would not have held the mandible in place. The jury really believed that just by chance that duct tape ended up wrapped across Caylee's little face and into her hair? Or more unbelievable, someone came across the remains, found a hair mat, found the skull, found the mandible, had access to GA's tape (aged it to look like it had been in the swamp for 6 months) and set the stage to make it look like Caylee had been duct tapped all along.

(4) The trunk had been cleaned by CA and probably by CFCA, in an attempt to alleviate the horrible smell. Wouldn't it make sense that a vacuum may have been used (the kind you drop a couple quarters in)? As lazy as I believe CFCA is, I also believe she would have attempted to fix this little problem before she just abandoned the car completely.

Re BBM

Having followed this case from Day 31 (like many here), reading, studying, learning along the way about all of the discovery, I expected the jury to do the same. That was their "job", to understand what the state and the DT laid out for them, decide what made sense from what didn't make sense and connect the dots. We know they didn't do this. They didn't even attempt to do this!

After a lot of reflection I believe this trial (with this jury) could have been completed in 4 days tops - Opening Statements, Closing Statements (with a few sidebars thrown in for good measure), then 10 hours for deliberations. They could have skipped all the witnesses, evidence and Juror instructions completely because based on their own statements they disregarded everything anyway!

I still have not reconciled in my own mind how this happened. Not the verdict, that I get, the Pinellas 12 wanted the trial to be over, they wanted to go home (or on their cruises/Disney vaca's) What I don't get is how 12 people could make the decision to blow off their duty to the VICTIM, without any attempt to actually deliberate, discuss or inspect the evidence for themselves. Before I could find someone NG I would have to look at everything just to be sure I hadn't missed something important, just exactly the same way I would before handing down a GUILTY verdict. The defendant and the VICTIM deserve no less.

Well said. Agree with it all. The jury, after all the delays even after the trial began, wasn't interested in doing what they had been selected for _ the clock ran out and they had things to do, they had lives to live. Now that they were expected to deliberate they chose to liberate FCA and themselves with one fell swoop. Nothing really to deliberate on, that clock was ticking. Too bad about Caylee Marie. Must have been some reason why she ended up with duct tape covering her mouth and nose. Must have been some reason why she was shoved in some trash bags tied very tightly, intentionally so she couldn't escape? Then pop her in a laundry bag to make the trip through the swamp easier. Wouldn't want to get any icky stuff on swamp mommy's shoes. No, the jury couldn't mess up their nice clean lives by thinking about icky stuff.
They did it the FCA way.....eff you guys, I'm outta here.

Don't hold your breath. JBP is all bark and no bite. He won't do anything to JB.

IMO

This is bothering me too. I have a ton of respect for HHJBP and I'm trying to put the pieces together so they make some sense.

Would an investigation of JB look like sour grapes? I hope we are both wrong about this, but I'll be really surprised.

I'm also questioning what (if anything) Judge Perry's other responsibilities had to do with the end result...

We know there was a concern about the cost of the trial, we know FL is in the same bad shape as all the rest, we know Judge Perry has a lot of responsibility (including the financial aspects) with the Judicial System in the district.

Didn't the state float OC a loan to have the trial as scheduled?

Is it possible the budget constraints are (in a backwards kind of way) somewhat responsible for the NG verdict?

Is it even remotely possible that Judge Perry believed there was no way any jury with 12 conscious adults would vote to acquit, so he pushed the jury selection through irregardless of some troublesome comments made during voir dire?

So many questions, so few answers...

There is no way Caylee said that...there was no Zannie, so who on earth would be she be referring to? If Caylee was going to say anything, she might have blurted out the truth, we are going to sit in Mommy's car all day, or whatever the heck they did...

I picture KC telling Caylee, "Guess where we're going today?"

Caylee: "Hmm?"

KC: "Going to see Zanny! Yay!!!!" (In other words, I'm going to kill you today)

Then, when they walked out of the bedroom toward the door, Caylee was already prepped.

I am still sickened by the verdict...knowing that CA is out free to do whatever she wants...this was a smack in the face, a blow to the stomach...and I sure hope that she really gets what she deserves...and that everyone will help boycott anyone trying to put money her hands....anyone that pays her a penny...in my opinion has Caylee's blood on their hands, as well as the jurors that let her walk free. I sure hope that they can live with what they have done....I wonder how they sleep at night.

I remember back before little Caylee's remains were found...that was my prayer every night, that she would be found, so they could get justice for her, and put that monster away. I CAN NOT BELIEVE that they found 12 people that would drink the koolaid...I was woke up with the news that they had found Caylee. Now I pray every night that I wake up with the news that they have found CA's body....thats the only justice in my eyes. An eye for an eye, a life for a life....

I cried like a baby when I heard the verdict, as I know many others did as well...she was family to us...she was loved and will never be forgotten...and I will never accept this verdict...there was no justice....

I feel the same way you do. I try not to let it bother me day in and day out, though. For our own health and well-being, we have to go on living, as does everyone else, and accept that sometimes things happen that we cannot explain. What WILL happen is that KC will end up back in jail. She will continue to do the wrong thing. She might already be feeling that she had more friends behind bars. It wouldn't surprise me if she tried to take her own life. There will be no bella vita for her.

Also, The state's witness was reporting on a qualitative study, not quantitative study. IMO, that means the state was only testing for the presence of chloroform, while the defense's witness was testing to the amount of chloroform.

I understand what Dr. G said, but I disagree with it. The only thing the duct tape was adhered to was the hair mat. The hair mat had slipped down to the base of the skull, so where did it originate? Possibly the top of the skull? Well, why would there be tape stuck to the hair at the top of the skull? Perhaps the tape was never across the nose/mouth area, but was near the open end of the garbage bag and just got stuck to her hair. IMO of course. It's hard to figure it out without seeing the pictures, but I don't want to see the pictures either.

Actually, I disagree. There was wet paper products found in that garbage bag, and they got wet somehow. I doubt when paper products sit in a hot drunk for 2+ weeks they decompose into a fluid. Also, there were maggots found attracted to the paper towels and a plastic food tray in the bag. Maggots don't feed off of paper and plastic. We're talking 100's of maggots according to one of the discovery documents released (I could link it if you'd like, I'd just have to back to the previous thread and search it).

Again, I disagree that a vacuum you stick quarters in, or a household vacuum is able to collect all evidence of 1st colonizers. You're going to miss something (maybe a blowfly leg, maybe a wing, etc). CSI, IMO, went over that trunk with a fine tooth comb. There is nothing more to be found in the liner. And, the fact that Caylee's remains were found with 75 carcasses of first colonizers, I have to wonder where the other 225 went (it was said that one blowfly lays 300 eggs). I doubt you can vacuum all evidence of the 225.

I still have not reconciled in my own mind how this happened. Not the verdict, that I get, the Pinellas 12 wanted the trial to be over, they wanted to go home (or on their cruises/Disney vaca's)
I honestly find it hard to believe that these people went through trial with the idea "come on already, lets get this over with". This was a trial involving a dead child; I'm sure they took their job seriously. I also don't believe they just made whatever decision they could so they could quickly go back home. These people are receiving death threats. This case has affected them also. And, not a single one of them signed up to be on this case, IMO they don't deserve the backlash they're getting. They were summoned to the court, if they were able to make a unbiased decision on this case they were chosen. I believe it is completely unfair for those who don't like the verdict to be treating them like they are. MOO

Snipped and quoted in sections to make it easier to read.

Rather ironic. JB got GA to admit, under oath, that he would lie for his daughter. That if he had to testify against her he would take the consequences and fail to appear. I thought that it was odd, at the time, that line of questioning by JB. Okay, now I see it. GA is a liar, he admitted that he would lie for FCA. But instead, JB with FCA aimed the poison darts at GA with lies of sexual molestation. The jury was all to eager then to regard GA as the evil one. The jury let the evil one go.
Yes, GA lied. He lied about his affair with that woman. I don't blame him. Also, it's clear that CA knows and doesn't want to leave him.
GA lied about Caylee Marie speaking of the nanny. He probably did not see FCA and Caylee Marie leave on June 16th. But GA lied to protect FCA.
CA lied about Caylee Marie and there was a nanny with a dog. CA started out lying to protect FCA, then she realized how she enjoyed being sought after by the media. CA is a web spinner. She cleaned up and covered up, and she had an amazing memory and could recount what went on at given times, after June 15 that is. She must have had a hidden tape recorder when she lwft her house. She provided so much detail, remembered all those names, but she never got curious about detail those days when FCA took Caylee Marie "to the nanny before she went on to work".

One unanswered question that the jurors never asked....if FCA didn't have a job or a nanny, where did she go and what did she do with that babe. There was no nanny. No job. FCA was a liar and a thief. She conned everybody, loved to lie, lived to lie, and now she gets to live because she lied. The jury didn't have a problem with all the lies FCA told. Even her own attorney called her a liar, and worse. But they could turn right around and say "FCA was a good mother" cause her friends said so, and FCA was a good liar, but we don't have any reason to charge her because her child is dead and we don't know how she died.
Wow!!!

Call me crazy, but by reasonable definition, a "good mother" is one who sets a good moral example (however you define "moral") for her children. Further, by reasonable definition, setting a good moral example for one's children would PRECLUDE lying. That said, HOW the jury was able to reconcile the fact that they completely understood Ms. Anthony to be the consumate liar, with their stated opinion that she 'was a good mother' is completely beyond my level of comprehension.

And that's only one of many reasons that I disagree with the verdict.

Re BBM

This is the crux of the matter to me. It's nauseating to think about the sheer volume of testimony/evidence that was presented to them, that they patently ignored. You stated it beautifully, especially in the part that I bolded above. I'll only add that IMO, being on a jury is a huge responsibility, and for whatever reason(s), this jury did not live up to the task. Perhaps they simply weren't capable. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288