Poll: Why did Garrido bring Jaycee to the PO office?

Why do you think Garrido brought Jaycee along to the PO's office?

• He was tired of running and wanted to get caught

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • He saw the opportunity for his 15 min of fame

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • He thought LE would believe his lies that she was his niece

Votes: 103 65.6%
  • Other ideas

Votes: 39 24.8%

• Total voters
fact of the matter is garrido couldnt come up with a plausible explanation as to the girls (or jaycee for that matter) being with them and he couldnt come up with a feasbile excuse if he had 6 months to get it right, so of course, jaycee and the girls wouldnt fair any better now would they?

One other point, those comments (granted, it isn't much) suggest that the girls were quite familiar with his situation regarding parole. I think the picture of them is of wide eyed innocents who were clueless about the world at large, but I'm thinking now that maybe they were a bit more savvy than we give them credit for.

It's sort of like watching documentaries about ancient civilizations on TV, the ancients seem so savage and unsophisticated to our eyes but in fact they were masters of their environment, it is just that it is an environment that is alien to us so we don't see it.

oh im sure garrido told them something about his past.

but he convientely would have left out the most important parts

I am certain that PG believed that LE and anyone else he tossed his story to would buy into it. He is a sociopath or psychopath who is also narcisistic, those types believe what they want. They do not ever believe they will be caught. I mean look at it, the cops had been to his homecountless times and he was not been caught!

Thank God for women's intuition!!! Those 2 officers deserve a medal IMO!

this is the second time in a few days this thread was bumped ot the top with no new post? weird

this is the second time in a few days this thread was bumped ot the top with no new post? weird

It gets bumped every time someone votes in the poll whether or not they post in the thread. I think every poll here does that.

It gets bumped every time someone votes in the poll whether or not they post in the thread. I think every poll here does that.
Sorry, I should have put an ending date on it...

Here I thought my program was broken. Thanks for the explanation why this thing keeps getting bumped up.

All I know is I did pray often for this child and GOD answered my prayers.
She is a brave and very fortunate young lady...

I think either he was on a heavy guilt trip or that it is nothing more than he was out and about doing other things with Jaycee, his wife, and the kids; he had a scheduled appointment with his PO that he could not miss so he had no other choice and they came along. He probably had some sort of story he planned to tell them in the event he was questioned but they didn't believe him. I think of the other missing people I would turn my attention to the black market as many of them may still be alive.

I think either he was on a heavy guilt trip
Doubtful, imho. People like that simply do not feel guilt. The guilt that Jaycee mentioned in the book was play-pretend and more about manipulation, as opposed to anything that even remotely resembles human compassion. Imho, his choice was a combination of arrogance coupled with his psychosis. The prior as a result of 60 visits from the PO and still being free. And the latter due to his drug "runs."

I think of the other missing people I would turn my attention to the black market as many of them may still be alive.
Extremely possible.

It was clear to me from reading the book that even though the 60 visits didn't result in the discovery of Jaycee, it did result in a high level of anxiety in P Garrido, and he was very fearful that one of the visits would eventually result in them figuring it out.

The way Jaycee describes it makes it sound like PG decided that since he had been able to BS them during the visits to his home, he could preempt the questions by coming to them with a cover story and pretending that he had nothing to hide.

In his mind, if he could successfully BS them at the meeting, then he would be home free, and he would never again have to worry about having to explain who Jaycee and the two girls were.

It was clear to me from reading the book that even though the 60 visits didn't result in the discovery of Jaycee, it did result in a high level of anxiety in P Garrido, and he was very fearful that one of the visits would eventually result in them figuring it out.

The way Jaycee describes it makes it sound like PG decided that since he had been able to BS them during the visits to his home, he could preempt the questions by coming to them with a cover story and pretending that he had nothing to hide.

In his mind, if he could successfully BS them at the meeting, then he would be home free, and he would never again have to worry about having to explain who Jaycee and the two girls were.

He was also trying to present the girls to police on his own terms rather than them going back to the house and seeing how they lived.

Their printing business did well for a while, but near the end of the book, Jaycee made comments like there wasn't money for stuff, the printing business wasn't doing so well, etc. Maybe PG was looking for a way out, and he planned it to end this way.. Coaching the women to tell one story, himself telling another, and then admitting to raping her.

I don't know how much time this all took, but doesn't it seem odd that he admitted to rape so soon after telling the PO that these were his brother's kids?

Their printing business did well for a while, but near the end of the book, Jaycee made comments like there wasn't money for stuff, the printing business wasn't doing so well, etc. Maybe PG was looking for a way out, and he planned it to end this way.. Coaching the women to tell one story, himself telling another, and then admitting to raping her.

I don't know how much time this all took, but doesn't it seem odd that he admitted to rape so soon after telling the PO that these were his brother's kids?
I think he knew the jig was up, or he was tired of the game. He hadn't touched Jaycee since the second child was born, but he had to continue to feed, clothe, and shelter her.

Nothing is odd when dealing with a mental case, because everything is odd.
Figuring out a nut job for rational mind it is all odd.
But I think he has outfoxed the law for so long, he thought it is a piece of cake.
Even the depraved are arrogant.

Garrido was NUTS.

There is no point wondering Why he did anything he did.

Utterly delusional he probably thought Jaycee was the fekkn Virgin Mary or Invisible or something mad like that.

It's been a while since I read Jaycee's book. But I recall thinking that Phillip sounded smug and certain that he would be able to pull it off--the multiple parole visits without discovering Jaycee's true identity sustained his belief of invincibility. But his business was starting to fail and there wasn't enough money for him, Nancy, and the girls, so he concocted the whole story to turn himself in.

At least that's what I was thinking at the time. I need to reread it.

One other point, those comments (granted, it isn't much) suggest that the girls were quite familiar with his situation regarding parole. I think the picture of them is of wide eyed innocents who were clueless about the world at large, but I'm thinking now that maybe they were a bit more savvy than we give them credit for.

It's sort of like watching documentaries about ancient civilizations on TV, the ancients seem so savage and unsophisticated to our eyes but in fact they were masters of their environment, it is just that it is an environment that is alien to us so we don't see it.

These were my thoughts as well. IMO this point doesn't get brought up very much.

the only reason the girls had any saavy is cause jaycee taught them about things. garrido did nothing but get stoned all day and lie around the house with nancy (when he want raping jaycee that is)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back