Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, in the texts with MC, Terri mentioned something about getting the paperwork from the basement. I've always wondered what was so important about that paperwork..

That does seem plausible, but I still can't reconcile her giving up right to her own baby without a fight.

Respectfully snipped & BBM

I don't think it's hard to reconcile. Desiree did the same thing. And before anyone gets on me for saying anything negative about D, please remember that I lived next door to her for 4.5 years (during which time Kyron came to visit only during the summer for 6-8 weeks, not as often as was said in the media) & my perception of her is different than many others.

I think it's entirely possible that Terri didn't really care about Kyron insofar that she didn't love him. If she's truly as narcissistic as she has been portrayed in the media (again, I say "IF" only because I see how Desiree is portrayed & I know that's not entirely accurate), then yes, I can see Terri being able & willing to walk away from baby K without regret. Lots of women give up custody of their children to their spouses because they'd rather not have to deal with the kid(s) 24/7.

I don't think it's hard to reconcile. Desiree did the same thing. And before anyone gets on me for saying anything negative about D, please remember that I lived next door to her for 4.5 years (during which time Kyron came to visit only during the summer for 6-8 weeks, not as often as was said in the media) & my perception of her is different than many others.

I think it's entirely possible that Terri didn't really care about Kyron insofar that she didn't love him. If she's truly as narcissistic as she has been portrayed in the media (again, I say "IF" only because I see how Desiree is portrayed & I know that's not entirely accurate), then yes, I can see Terri being able & willing to walk away from baby K without regret. Lots of women give up custody of their children to their spouses because they'd rather not have to deal with the kid(s) 24/7.

Didn't Desiree give up custody because she had to go to Canada for treatment for kidney failure? I'm sure you have a personal knowledge of her that may be different than the media portrayal, but unless it's been reported wrong, she didn't simply walk away from her child.

Interestingly, Terri has shown that she doesn't want to walk away from her child either. From KGW.com:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horma...thdraws-request-for-visitation-106631418.html

"In Monday's filing, Terri's attorney states the withdrawal of the motion for visitation is "in no way an agreement to maintain the status quo" regarding the estranged couple's daughter, and that Terri "does not, and will not, give up her right to seek legal custody" of their daughter."

So simply deciding she doesn't want to parent isn't what's going on here for Terri. The fact that she stopped pursuing visitation is one of the big things that makes me feel she may be guilty or at least involved.

Didn't Desiree give up custody because she had to go to Canada for treatment for kidney failure? I'm sure you have a personal knowledge of her that may be different than the media portrayal, but unless it's been reported wrong, she didn't simply walk away from her child.

Interestingly, Terri has shown that she doesn't want to walk away from her child either. From KGW.com:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horma...thdraws-request-for-visitation-106631418.html

"In Monday's filing, Terri's attorney states the withdrawal of the motion for visitation is "in no way an agreement to maintain the status quo" regarding the estranged couple's daughter, and that Terri "does not, and will not, give up her right to seek legal custody" of their daughter."

So simply deciding she doesn't want to parent isn't what's going on here for Terri. The fact that she stopped pursuing visitation is one of the big things that makes me feel she may be guilty or at least involved.

BBM

Exactly. Because the only thing more important to Terrie than her baby is her freedom. You can't ignore it. If she truly were innocent, she would be cooperating, if only to get her child back.

BBM

Exactly. Because the only thing more important to Terrie than her baby is her freedom. You can't ignore it. If she truly were innocent, she would be cooperating, if only to get her child back.

How would cooperating get her chld back?
She has allegations against her about wanting to have her husband killed, which she can neither prove nor disprove.
She may not have anything to add to her knowledge of Kyron; what point is there in her rehashing what she told them during the the first three weeks, if they do not believe her?

If she is lying about Kyron, she certainly can't come forward. And if she was not lying, she won't be believed anyway, so either way she can't get her daughter back.

I don't see any way for her to get access to her child at this point, no matter what she does. How does one disprove the so-called MFH scheme? Or disprove she has knowledge about what happened to Kyron? I suppose she could offer to take another LD test, but if she can't pass one, that wouldn't help matters either.

Right now, at least she is not in prison. Keeping quiet may be the only chance she has at ever getting access to her child, guilty or not.

It becomes more obvious every day that Terri did it.*

Think about if it happened to you---that YOU were the last person seen with a missing child and everybody thought you were guilty? You would be ANGRY. You would be all over investigators, all over the media to get yourself out of the PRISON of being suspected in such a thing.
This woman has even given up her BABY, with hardly a peep of protest.
Are those the actions of an innocent woman? Even if she 'got over' being a suspect, she would still be devastated that every day Terri is considered a suspect is another day she can't she her baby daughter.
Terri should be hopping mad, at least behind the scenes. If you were honestly innocent of a stepson's disappearance, wouldn't you pace the floor til it was resolved if it was keeping you from your baby?

*I know it's always been pretty obvious, but a WHOLE YEAR without her baby? Knowing her daughter will never even remember her as a mother, and yet Terri does not seem affected at all? This woman is something else.
I just can't believe no one has cracked. I expected this to be solved way before now. I just want Kaine & Desiree to finally KNOW.

I disagree. The longer this drags on the more likely it is that TH didn't do it.

And if it were so obvious, why no arrest? Why no formal TH is our prime suspect? Why silence?

She has allegations against her about wanting to have her husband killed, which she can neither prove nor disprove.
She may not have anything to add to her knowledge of Kyron; what point is there in her rehashing what she told them during the the first three weeks, if they do not believe her?

If she is lying about Kyron, she certainly can't come forward. And if she was not lying, she won't be believed anyway, so either way she can't get her daughter back.

I don't see any way for her to get access to her child at this point, no matter what she does. How does one disprove the so-called MFH scheme? Or disprove she has knowledge about what happened to Kyron? I suppose she could offer to take another LD test, but if she can't pass one, that wouldn't help matters either.

Right now, at least she is not in prison. Keeping quiet may be the only chance she has at ever getting access to her child, guilty or not.

The point is not whether or not she is to be believed. TH lawyered up and STOPPED cooperating almost immediately. Stopped cooperating with any investigation. Even about the MFH.
If you were innocent, would you not be FIGHTING? You would be WITH the searchers, if they let you, but you'd also be blowing up the phone of every cop there is. One's maternal instinct does not disappear because they are a suspect. Innocent people don't just 'give up', even if they have lawyers, they would be badgering their lawyer to speed up his own investigation, to be allowed to cooperate, just to get your name cleared and your baby back. Isn't that the way innocent people act?

I disagree. The longer this drags on the more likely it is that TH didn't do it.

And if it were so obvious, why no arrest? Why no formal TH is our prime suspect? Why silence?

Because TH is smart, that's why. My estimate is that 99% of WS members would be great at getting away with murder, just from studying other cases. People who are interested or knowledgeable in forensics are great at murder. See: Drew Peterson.

The point is not whether or not she is to be believed. TH lawyered up and STOPPED cooperating almost immediately. Stopped cooperating with any investigation. Even about the MFH.
If you were innocent, would you not be FIGHTING? You would be WITH the searchers, if they let you, but you'd also be blowing up the phone of every cop there is. One's maternal instinct does not disappear because they are a suspect. Innocent people don't just 'give up', even if they have lawyers, they would be badgering their lawyer to speed up his own investigation, to be allowed to cooperate, just to get your name cleared and your baby back. Isn't that the way innocent people act?

Have Desiree and Kaine physically searched for Kyron? Are they with the searchers when they are out looking for Kyron in the Oregon wilderness?

I am still on the fence regarding whether TH did it or not, but I am leaning towards not:

** TH didn't lawyer up until AFTER the failed MFH sting. And that weekend went searching for baby K (remember the gym?)...

** TH's parents haven't said anything..she lives with them, eats with them, they are her only company. IMO after a year, she would have let SOMETHING slip.

** IMO LE had tunnel vision, focused on TH from the very beginning. This became obvious to me when, months afterwards they were asking people where they had parked...UMM, really?

** The divorce proceeding have muddled everything up. KaH wants to keep Baby K, this may very well be the best thing for her, BUT I have to read everything that he says about TH and their relationship through that lens. IF she was such a horrible parent WHY didn't you send Ky to live with his mom, or divorce her, or get her help, or ANYTHING! People weren't speaking out about TH until AFTER KaH started to; and they could all be right, BUT I find that odd.

**I am not bashing any of the victims, just stating why I am not comfortable (yet) with TH being the prime suspect.

Have Desiree and Kaine physically searched for Kyron? Are they with the searchers when they are out looking for Kyron in the Oregon wilderness?

They're not trying to CLEAR THEIR NAMES. You have to admit if it were you who couldn't see your 2-year old, you would DO ANYTHING they allowed you to.
You would be frantic & furious, jmo.

It becomes more obvious every day that Terri did it.*

Think about if it happened to you---that YOU were the last person seen with a missing child and everybody thought you were guilty? You would be ANGRY. You would be all over investigators, all over the media to get yourself out of the PRISON of being suspected in such a thing.
This woman has even given up her BABY, with hardly a peep of protest.
Are those the actions of an innocent woman? Even if she 'got over' being a suspect, she would still be devastated that every day Terri is considered a suspect is another day she can't she her baby daughter.
Terri should be hopping mad, at least behind the scenes. If you were honestly innocent of a stepson's disappearance, wouldn't you pace the floor til it was resolved if it was keeping you from your baby?

*I know it's always been pretty obvious, but a WHOLE YEAR without her baby? Knowing her daughter will never even remember her as a mother, and yet Terri does not seem affected at all? This woman is something else.
I just can't believe no one has cracked. I expected this to be solved way before now. I just want Kaine & Desiree to finally KNOW.

BBM...do we know that she isn't? I haven't seen a sign of that.

As for not fighting for her daughter, I think it's POSSIBLE (total fence sitter here) that she has been told in no uncertain terms by her lawyer that if she fights now, she will lose. If she waits, she has a slim chance of getting the baby back.

I have seen parents survive some really horrible things that they didn't want to do on the slightest chance of getting their child back or saving their child's life.

I have seen nothing to indicate that Terri is going merrily on about her life; in fact, it's just the opposite. She's in a virtual prison with no future job, relationship, friends, on the horizon.

Since Kyron went missing I have often said that in Desiree's case I think a lot of her behavior is guilty conscience at not having Kyron with her. I also have thought she did not feel guilty that her other son lives with his dad. A lot of her anger toward Terri seems, I feel, to be based upon Kaine leaving her for Terri. She blames Terri, as if Kaine would not have strayed if not for Terri. Myself, I feel he was already prowling around and looking for the next Mrs. Horman. Kaine acts too cool for me, no emotion. He desperately wants to keep the MFH alive because he wants the divorce and not split the asserts with Terri. Wonder if the court has reservations about Kaine taking the baby around his brother who is a sex offender? The brother will be attending family functions I'm sure and is bound to have contact with the child. Just a few thoughts.

I'm not arguing with you, I understand what you're saying, but I see it differently.

If something SO important to me as my reputation as a plotter of the murder of my husband, and the disappearance of my step son were being discussed by anyone, let alone LE and the general public, you couldn't SHUT me up. (unless I had done one or both)

I do not have access to my baby because of these allegations? Well, bring 'em on! I would be beating down LE's door, demanding a lie detector test (yes, I know...) demanding they listen to me, and trying to figure out just what in the He.. happened to my tiny (but often irritating to me) step son.

And you're right. She probably shoud keep quiet. As much as I hate to say that.

Because TH is smart, that's why. My estimate is that 99% of WS members would be great at getting away with murder, just from studying other cases. People who are interested or knowledgeable in forensics are great at murder. See: Drew Peterson.

Apparently these days, you don't have to be smart. Just lucky.

Hassani Campbell
Caylee Anthony
Haliegh Cummings
Hailey Dunn

The suspects in these cases are anything but intelligent. Yet, they seem to have just...walked away... :(

The thing about the MFH case is that there has to be some convincing evidence for the judge to use it as a basis for a decision in a family case. I mean, in divorce and custody proceedings, there are routinely allegations of all kinds thrown by either side. So, there has to be some proof. Again, I doubt the simple word of a third party (the landscaper) is enough to “prove” to the satisfaction of a family court judge that a MFH plot took place. I know the standard is a lot lower in family court, but unless there is some reason for the judge to believe that the testimony of the landscaper is more credible than the testimony of TH, then I don’t see how that could be used as the basis of denying her custody or visitation.

Also, my understanding is that judges look at the situation that the child is in, and that long term stability in a situation in which the child is thriving counts heavily towards maintaining that situation. In other words, I would think that the longer the baby is with KH, if there aren’t problems there, then that history of the status quo would count against TH getting custody. Which is not to say that she couldn’t get visitation. But I would think that contesting the situation early on would have been legally beneficial for TH’s case, because it’s not like the playing field will be the same if she tries three years down the road.

MOO.

New theory. Someone, who may volunteer to help children, does so because of a guilty conscience. Someone, who volunteers at schools or other places where chidren are present, does so because of guilty conscience. What makes them have a guilty concience? Hard to say, but if we all look to the past, and perhaps that person's immediate family, maybe we will see not only a motive, but everything will start to make sense. This person may have experienced something so awful as a young child that he/she feels they have to rectify the situation, do penance so to speak. (Not necessarily something they did themselves, but perhaps something they witnessed and have kept secret.) History repeats itself, it's a fact. Is it possible that this person has been trying so hard to be on the good side, because they know if they do not, they will fall to the dark side? So, could the profilfe of the perp be someone who is trying to rectify the past, but in doing so, things went wrong, and found themselves in the same exact place they had always feared they would be? Who would fit such scenario?

(I know this out there, but in looking for answers for Kyron, at this point, all options should be considered.)

New theory. Someone, who may volunteer to help children, does so because of a guilty conscience. Someone, who volunteers at schools or other places where chidren are present, does so because of guilty conscience. What makes them have a guilty concience? Hard to say, but if we all look to the past, and perhaps that person's immediate family, maybe we will see not only a motive, but everything will start to make sense. This person may have experienced something so awful as a young child that he/she feels they have to rectify the situation, do penance so to speak. (Not necessarily something they did themselves, but perhaps something they witnessed and have kept secret.) History repeats itself, it's a fact. Is it possible that this person has been trying so hard to be on the good side, because they know if they do not, they will fall to the dark side? So, could the profilfe of the perp be someone who is trying to rectify the past, but in doing so, things went wrong, and found themselves in the same exact place they had always feared they would be? Who would fit such scenario?

(I know this out there, but in looking for answers for Kyron, at this point, all options should be considered.)

Hi There, I think what was done to Kyron stems from something much deeper than someone witnessing or keeping something secret. Whatever it was, they had no control over it {physically or mentally IMO} and it changed this person into one who would always have to be in control. And if something was put in their way that would keep them from living the way they wanted, they would have to get rid of that threat.

I think Kyron posed a threat to someone. He knew too much, had seen something, had been tortured mentally by this person, made to feel afraid to even come out of his room too early in the morning!!! If he spilled the beans it well could have meant her neat little set-up would change. Marriage would end, no more 'nifty neat' living in the outskirts of town, play dates during the day when he was at work would end and she was so spoiled she vowed to herself she would not ever let it go. That meant HE had to go, like her son, away from their daily living scenario. But it was more intense than that as he wasn't her son. And he was tied tight to his real father, her hubby. He had to go away permanently, forever, and then she would have her perfect lifestyle all set up.

Her being silent for a whole year now tells me she was maybe more involved than we originally thought and even did the disposal of him herself IMO.

It is either that or something so off the wall we would faint dead away to even hear it. As though it would be the very last thing we would expect to have happened. I don't even want to mention what the possibility could be. IMO

There is always the possibility that LE is playing it very close to the vest and know much more than we can imagine. They only get one chance to get it right or they could end up with another Casey Anthony on their hands. My heart breaks for DY and KaH not knowing where their son is, but I think in their heart of hearts they know Kyron is no longer with us. If TH disposed of Kyron, and I believe she did, she will make a mistake one of these days and LE will pounce, then there will be justice for little Kyron. She may be smart, but she's not that smart.

Someone whose whole life, whose whole psyche, is bound up in it, because it's inescapable to them anyway. So they embrace it in what appears to be a positive way, in an effort to control and conceal and subvert those impulses, which may have been derived from a familial or similar history. But of course, they cannot. I've seen some studies about racidivism among sex offenders that seem to suggest it's not... um... controllable. Your theory is very compelling. And horrifying. Thank you, Billylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member