Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh c'mon now!! Everyone knows where Norfolk is!! :great:
LOL, even I know where Norfolk is...It's where the "And Not" Folk are from!!! HA HA. Get it...Nor (and not)...
Sorry, just had to...did I mention that most tell me that I have a "British sense of humor"...not sure what they mean though

oh good so you'll keep us abreast if anything good gets said, right??? I am currently avoiding doing anything on FB other than logging in quietly, so I would rather not join a new group...

I don't believe that is allowed. LOL....can someone enlighten me on the "rules" regarding posting info from Facebook?

I don't believe that is allowed. LOL....can someone enlighten me on the "rules" regarding posting info from Facebook?

Anything on facebook that is not backed by mainstream media or LE or verified family members (verified here at WS) is rumor and not to be posted. You are correct.

ETA: At least that is how I understand it. :)

I sort of remember something like that...

However, and obviously we have no way of knowing at this point, being a special education student does not preclude you from being on the honor roll in most schools, and, in fact, can help you get there which bothers many people...

Not to get too far o/t but special ed students have Individual Education Plans with accommodations and modifications, which can and usually do, in my experience, include grading accommodations...so, in fact, what an A or B may represent can be progress toward a goal, or accomplishment of an IEP goal...

Anyway, as I said, we really don't know and as far as I'm concerned if she were developmentally delayed in any way it would just be one more factor in the vulnerability of her position in the household and in society in general (if that makes sense)...

First post here, but have followed this case throughout. I am a certified School Psychologist as well as having degrees in Forensic Psych and Clinical Psych. Regarding Celina's age, it does appear that she was a year behind in school. With that said, it is important to know that a child with an IEP does not get an "A" or a "B" based on progress towards an IEP goal. They are marked as progress reports on the IEP itself. "Modified grading" is usually given to the most severely delayed students (i.e., Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities). If Celina had developmental delays, especially with an IQ in impaired range, the police would be obligated to put out a bulletin for a "special needs" child. As far as I know this wasn't the case?

Anything on facebook that is not backed by mainstream media or LE or verified family members (verified here at WS) is rumor and not to be posted. You are correct.

ETA: At least that is how I understand it. :)

um, I do know that another topic we are allowed to discuss things from FB groups and and other boards as long as it is clearly made known that the source is rumors - and I thought that was what was meant in the opening post "do post rumors from FB"? Since on another thread (Lauren Spierer) we are allowed to..? I'm confused :crazy:

You can almost throw a stone across the river from West Stewartstown, NH to Canaan, VT. It appears that WN's family roots are there, so I don't think it matters much what he posted - probably some regional loyalty over the other IMO.

I questioned this also. Canaan, from my understanding is about 5 seconds away. He is from there and graduated from a school with that name. Some speculate that he says that because it is a more recognizable area. I don't know. I know that sometimes I do tell people who are not close that I am from Virginia Beach because people may not know where Norfolk is. I don't know is motives though or if he even has any.

Maybe he has a 2nd 'home' there

LOL, even I know where Norfolk is...It's where the "And Not" Folk are from!!! HA HA. Get it...Nor (and not)...
Sorry, just had to...did I mention that most tell me that I have a "British sense of humor"...not sure what they mean though

Hmmmmmm.........must be British humour!!

um, I do know that another topic we are allowed to discuss things from FB groups and and other boards as long as it is clearly made known that the source is rumors - and I thought that was what was meant in the opening post "do post rumors from FB"? Since on another thread (Lauren Spierer) we are allowed to..? I'm confused :crazy:

I don't know....there was something from a group that I had asked about and they said not to do it, at least not yet, because we would be sleuthing family on rumors. Maybe a mod can clarify.

First post here, but have followed this case throughout. I am a certified School Psychologist as well as having degrees in Forensic Psych and Clinical Psych. Regarding Celina's age, it does appear that she was a year behind in school. With that said, it is important to know that a child with an IEP does not get an "A" or a "B" based on progress towards an IEP goal. They are marked as progress reports on the IEP itself. "Modified grading" is usually given to the most severely delayed students (i.e., Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities). If Celina had developmental delays, especially with an IQ in impaired range, the police would be obligated to put out a bulletin for a "special needs" child. As far as I know this wasn't the case?

Interesting...a child with an IEP doesn't necessarily mean that there are developmental delays, just maybe an LD...so confusing.

Obviously, every indication at this point is that this was a murder, and committed by someone in the home.

Bio-Dad has apparently completely reversed his position on Celina's family. They started out as fine wonderful folks and are now sinister creepos who all but lock their kids in the cellar and make them sleep on the floor. There are also, if I recall, inconsistencies with his story about how he learned of this death. Further, some here have said that the family seems quite divided, with the various factions taking sides.

In any case, the point is this: just because Aunt Petunia says something does not mean that it is, in any way, accurate. We should properly consider it of course, but until it is corraborated elsewhere it means little.

I don't see that dad has completely reversed his position, really. It's all about context. He initially said he did not know of any problems, that Celina never told him anything was wrong, said she was loved, SF was respectful. He later said he had been dissuaded from contact, kids were always "busy" and that there were people coming in an out and he finds it wrong that the girls were moved from their room to the basement, while a young man took over their room.

Some of his second statement merely adds to the first. It's new info and does not contradict. (Having contact can occur, for example, at the same time contact is being dissuaded. I.e., "Sure, come on in, now that you're here." As opposed to, "Oh, you want to take the girls for the weekend? Oh, they can't. They are out of town.). Some of it may have been info he just discovered (i.e., the basement, air mattresses, etc.) and some of it may be info that he has reexamined and now views as troubling in the context of his daughter being found, dead (like the people coming in and out).

None of that points to a "fable", which by definition is a fiction, being stated by a "distant" relative, which were your words. And just because aunt Petunia says it, does not mean it is "false". I'm being picky because in your list, it could read as "fact" that distant relatives are making things up.

I just last week finished an excellent book about the subject Johnstown Flood McCullough, David (author). Excellent book (my second on the subject)

Love that book! I've had it in my collection for years. (Sorry for the OT!)

The house looks big even if it is a duplex.........
WHY did CC have to sleep in the basement?
CC slept on the COUCH?
Reminded me of Hailey Dunn.............

Kevin Mullaney had easy access to CC. She was very shy but would not have been fearful around him. On the contrary, she most like trusted him and was comfortable around him. He was alone with her in the house while the parents were in their bedroom asleep. The opportunity was there. Several possibilities here. If he was into drugs, he may well have slipped something into her drink, etc. to take advantage of her. He may have overdosed her, panicked when she died, and disposed of the body. Or, he could have simply sexually assaulted her, panicked because he knew he would be found out, killed her, and disposed of her body. I have no facts to support any of this. But right now, my money is on KM and not the stepdad.

Respectfully BBM and just bouncing off your post because you reminded me of a thought I keep meaning to bring up.

Hubbies and wives don't always turn in for the night together. In fact, many don't. Sometimes one spouse stays up to watch the late late late show while the other can't keep their eyes open past 10. For all we know, LN went to bed early because she had to work in the morning. For all we know, SF may stay up every night until 3 am playing Farmville or stay up all night, wake Celina up at 8:30 in the mornings, then go back to bed again until noon.

My hubby zonked on the couch last night at 10 and I had insomnia until 4 am. I had 6 hours to commit all sorts of crimes and cover them up! :crazy:

ETA: Not implying SF commited a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member