Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what's going on with the appeal? Are they playing chicken and delaying it as long as possible so her appeal would be delayed longer but gambling that it will be filed and a stay granted before the 26th??

Since the judge did not give his response until Friday, August 12th, and considering the complexity and obscurity of the issues in the ruling, I don't think the DT is malingering based on a 4-day window (2 days a weekend) for finding a response to the HHJB who took 8 days to write his ruling. (That's my logical response.)

However, the sassy part of me would like to point out that an attorney who has only practiced for three years prior to this case probably does not have a firm grasp of the law anyway. JB is without doubt looking for another sucker to write the appeal for him. :floorlaugh::maddening:

I'm sure he's pointing out that his client's life depends on the response and HE just wants to do what's best for his client. (Translation: He's clueless.)

I wonder what's going on with the appeal? Are they playing chicken and delaying it as long as possible so her appeal would be delayed longer but gambling that it will be filed and a stay granted before the 26th??

I am wondering about that too. They(DT) are normally pretty fast with appeals/motions.
Wonder if they are worried that the appellate court could put their appeal on a fast track and have the hearing prior to the 26th. Hence the DT delay of appeal filing.

I am wondering about that too. They(DT) are normally pretty fast with appeals/motions.
Wonder if they are worried that the appellate court could put their appeal on a fast track and have the hearing prior to the 26th. Hence the DT delay of appeal filing.

I'm sure there's some underhanded reason for the delay. CM marched down from his office the working day after HHJS's order with finger flying, swearing and indignant.

While it sounds like JB's wife has won here. Casey's probation will be served in therapy. Maybe a straight jacket for all most people care. But not at JB's place.

In what way is probation for the check felonies all about a little girl and justice for her murder?

I was talking exclusively about the probation for the check charges, which is in no way related to the death of Caylee.

If it is true that this is all about a little girl and justice for her murder, then something is wrong with the Florida justice system. KC was given her day in court and acquitted of the murder charges, which in America that means you are not guilty of those charges. For a state to pull KC back after she has left the state, and put her in harms way, for the purpose of justice for Caylee's murder is unconstitutional, and would in and of itself be considered an injustice. Injustice for KC is injustice for us all.

For over 2 years, KC sat in jail, facing murder charges, and looking at the DP. She may have felt at least a smidgeon of fear, every day for those 2 plus years. Being forced to serve her probation in Orlando, where no one from Orlando wants her, just puts her in jeopardy, and places any innocent bystander who happens to be where she walks by, or reports to, or grabs a Starbuck's from, or goes to work, in jeopardy also. How is that justice for Caylee? How does endangering the lives of innocent people serve as justice for Caylee?

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Her attorneys withheld info (lied by omission) about her probation starting. Still, there have been no credible threats against FCA or reason to believe she will be attacked or harmed. Please stop spreading this rumor/myth.

Which is the one song that comes to your mind when you think of Casey?

Bob Seger's Still The Same

You always won every time you placed a bet
You're still damn good
No one's gotten to you yet
Every time they were sure they had you caught
You were quicker than they thought
You'd just turn your back and walk
<modsnip>

last verse here http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob+seger/still+the+same_20021986.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GF3Woi3Sw&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GF3Woi3Sw&feature=related[/ame]

Love the message, but 1 correction in your post. The appeals court is in Daytona Beach, less than an hour from Hopesprings Dr.

FWIW, her caseyomarie slide guestbook says she is now in Daytona Beach. I still don't think its her, but whoever it is sure does keep up with the current events. :rolleyes:

Her attorneys withheld info (lied by omission) about her probation starting. Still, there have been no credible threats against FCA or reason to believe she will be attacked or harmed. Please stop spreading this rumor/myth.

This court is very mindful that it is a high probability that there are many that would like to see physical harm visited upon the defendant.

From page 12 of HHBP's recent order about KC's probation.

HHBP stated the above in a court order, and if this is considered spreading a rumor/myth about potential harm to KC, I do apologize.

This court is very mindful that it is a high probability that there are many that would like to see physical harm visited upon the defendant.

From page 12 of HHBP's recent order about KC's probation.

HHBP stated the above in a court order, and if this is considered spreading a rumor/myth about potential harm to KC, I do apologize.

As told to him by the DT.
That is HHJP doing a CYA maneuver.

FWIW, her caseyomarie slide guestbook says she is now in Daytona Beach. I still don't think its her, but whoever it is sure does keep up with the current events. :rolleyes:

ThinkTank has posted some background checking done on this site- IMO it is not her. Just another loon who wants some celebrity to rub off on him, or one of the A's.

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
#caseyanthony defense team just filed documents with appeal court asking to vacate Judge Perry's probation ruling. Story to post soon.
46 seconds ago

You beat me to it Karma! Even though I knew this was coming it still makes me mad. They think she is soooooooooooo special. IMO

I had a feeling it would be today because news Ch13 Orlando reporter Saul (?) has been hanging around the courthouse in Daytona all day long. They must have gotten a tip, jmo.

You beat me to it Karma! Even though I knew this was coming it still makes me mad. They think she is soooooooooooo special. IMO

LOL - call me Quickdraw Karma :cowboy:

Me too - These antics by Baez and KC make me ill...

I had a feeling it would be today because news Ch13 Orlando reporter Saul (?) has been hanging around the courthouse in Daytona all day long. They must have gotten a tip, jmo.

Gee, who could they possible have gotten a tip from?

Must be just me but this is glaring at me:

http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/Anthony/Anthony_Pet_Prohibition_081711.pdf

The Honorable Stan Strickland was the original judge presiding over two cases
involving the Defendant. In the first case, the Defendant pled to several counts and
was sentenced by Judge Strickland to time served (412 days) and one year of
probation. Judge Strickland&#8217;s oral pronouncement was that probation should begin
after the Defendant&#8217;s release from incarceration. Afterwards, when the Court
reduced his sentence to writing, same reflected that probation would commence
immediately.

JMO, this makes it sound as if HHJS changed his mind and allowed the probation while in jail!!! I'm still reading tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa