TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be. Why hasn't Drew appeared in interviews with them? I don't recall ever seeing him even when they unveiled the new poster of Holly without makeup. Did I miss it?

Still....I find it very unusual that they text each other every night. Do they not see each other? Isn't he helping with putting up fliers?:waitasec:

Its not like the family has done that many interviews anyway. And what would he say? He wasn't there...

Why he has not been more visible (aside from not being there and not knowing anything, aparently...) may have more to do with why the family waited months to make any real statemements and why no other locals have said much either. Its not just Drew being absent... its the whole town.

more at the link....

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980009171

"As for other family members of the Bobos, the somewhat "famous" cousin of the missing nursing student is using her time to make business deals, instead of continuing with Dana and Karen to spread awareness of the missing nursing student. Whitney Duncan will be joining the next season of Survivor, which will be titled Survivor: South Pacific. Duncan hasn't said much about Holly Bobo these days. It could be because she is simply moving on with her life or maybe she could be distancing herself from the Bobo family. These are just theories, because it really doesn't seem like this woman is using her "fame" to the potential she can be using it for—to find her missing cousin!"

Really?

What is also sad is if Holly is never found, it may never be known what really happened or how he got her to walk with him or even who "he" is...I think it is very possible we might never know more than we do now...

My thoughts exactly. I agree it's very possible that this case may never see closure for anyone involved. Unless LE is able to find or obtain that crucial piece of evidence that leads them to the person I sure don't see how they can narrow the suspect pool much. I hate seeing unsolved cases where people get away with these crimes.

"As for other family members of the Bobos, the somewhat "famous" cousin of the missing nursing student is using her time to make business deals, instead of continuing with Dana and Karen to spread awareness of the missing nursing student. Whitney Duncan will be joining the next season of Survivor, which will be titled Survivor: South Pacific. Duncan hasn't said much about Holly Bobo these days. It could be because she is simply moving on with her life or maybe she could be distancing herself from the Bobo family. These are just theories, because it really doesn't seem like this woman is using her "fame" to the potential she can be using it for—to find her missing cousin!"

Really?

I actually took great offense at this blog post. (Not your post, wishuwerehere- the gather blog post.)

MOO of course, but she has no idea what she's talking about.

And here at WS's we do not bash victims. Holly's family are all considered victims at this point, and that includes her extended family.

I was ROYALLY ticked off at that blog post. :maddening:

How about instead of judging Holly's family and friends, we try to find her?
Q: How do these sorts of posts help to do that?
A: They don't.

This is the kind of stuff that, IMVHO, is obstruction.

I actually took great offense at this blog post. (Not your post, wishuwerehere- the gather blog post.)

MOO of course, but she has no idea what she's talking about.

And here at WS's we do not bash victims. Holly's family are all considered victims at this point, and that includes her extended family.

I was ROYALLY ticked off at that blog post. :maddening:

How about instead of judging Holly's family and friends, we try to find her?
Q: How do these sorts of posts help to do that?
A: They don't.

This is the kind of stuff that, IMVHO, is obstruction.

It did strike me as gossipy, and a bit counterproductive.

It did strike me as gossipy, and a bit counterproductive.

Counterproductive, indeed.

If you are in search and rescue, or law enforcment- these sorts of things make you insane. Why? Because while you are actively weeding through fact vs fiction, and genuine leads vs bs leads- you are now handed about 20 pages of leads (that you have to follow) from a bunch of rumor-mongers who know nothing about the case.

Guess what'll come of this one?? Next it will be Holly's cousin dressed in camo, and she whisked her off to go turkey hunting.

I mean, really people?
These are real people- this is a young woman, who has been kidnapped.
Let's have a little respect for her family.

Ok- off rant now. :maddening:

My thoughts exactly. I agree it's very possible that this case may never see closure for anyone involved. Unless LE is able to find or obtain that crucial piece of evidence that leads them to the person I sure don't see how they can narrow the suspect pool much. I hate seeing unsolved cases where people get away with these crimes.

No disrespect intended, just asking, what suspect pool?

Well its not like her cousin is that famous... I'd never heard of her before Holly vanished. And aside from a few tweets a day or two after Holly vanished, she has faded back into anonymity again. I kinda resented a lot of early stories that focused on Whitney's so called fame, as in "WHITNEY DUNCAN'S cousin is missing" Its not about Whitney its about Holly... Im sure she was not inserting herself in those reports but it came across badly to me.

Oddly shes on the missing board in my Wal Mart (Florida).

Years ago I saw one on the board from another state and one of the greeters told me some of these were "faxed" to them. I didn't ask who did the faxing or if they came from Corporate, LE, or where.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Well its not like her cousin is that famous... I'd never heard of her before Holly vanished. And aside from a few tweets a day or two after Holly vanished, she has faded back into anonymity again. I kinda resented a lot of early stories that focused on Whitney's so called fame, as in "WHITNEY DUNCAN'S cousin is missing" Its not about Whitney its about Holly... Im sure she was not inserting herself in those reports but it came across badly to me.

I'm like you, I had never heard of Whitney until Holly went missing. I think her "fame" is within Tenn not nationwide. Having said that, I don't listen to country music so I could be wrong about her fame. Why wouldn't she go on with her career?

Whitney has nothing to add so I don't see how she could help. I'd rather hear from LE and the locals, neighbors, anyone who might have useful information.

It is about Holly!

I have always had this feeling that Holy is alive and be kept captive. I hope we find her before it is too late. mo

What is also sad is if Holly is never found, it may never be known what really happened or how he got her to walk with him or even who "he" is...I think it is very possible we might never know more than we do now...

True, but how many times have we seen a case that once it becomes cold, and goes to a new set of detectives winds up getting solved because a new set of eyes sees something that was missed. That's where I see a bit of hope...

Holly's Cousin, Whitney is going to be on the new season of "Survivor" airing this fall.

Holly's Cousin, Whitney is going to be on the new season of "Survivor" airing this fall.

Interesting since many here seem to of never heard of her before HER cousin went missing, Why would the "survivor series" tap her for their show?

Wonder if Holly's case had something to do with that?

Interesting since many here seem to of never heard of her before HER cousin went missing, Why would the "survivor series" tap her for their show?

Wonder if Holly's case had something to do with that?
It started filming a month after Whitney became outspoken about Holly's disappearance. I can see producers calling her agent and putting her on last minute for viewers due to the case being all over the news.
I never watched Survivor, but they don't use famous people do they?
Just regular folk with an interesting story or personality.

It started filming a month after Whitney became outspoken about Holly's disappearance. I can see producers calling her agent and putting her on last minute for viewers due to the case being all over the news.
I never watched Survivor, but they don't use famous people do they?
Just regular folk with an interesting story or personality.

Yeah they use some semi famous people... They had an ex NFL quarterback on there for example.

I quit watching the show after about the third season. It got too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge