IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think id be surprised to see JR around ANYWHERE- with or without HT or any of the other poi.
Out of all of them its surprise me the most if he came back to town

LE stated an expectation of the landfill search taking two weeks to complete. Tomorrow is two weeks.

:dunno:

The reporter in this video of IU Move-In Day (yesterday) states that the landfill search will continue through the end of this week.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ysyGc6OGO0&feature=player_embedded"]Spierer top of mind on IU move-in day - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if this was already posted. Snipped and bolded by me:

[Aug 23] Several of Lauren Spierer’s fellow classmates are pre-registered to resume classes on Monday.

Wolff is pre-registered, but according to his attorney, the 22-year-old senior from Port Washington, N.Y. could change his mind. “That’s up to him,” Bloomington attorney Joe Lozano said in a phone interview about of his client’s return to campus. “Even if he was wanting or going to, he could change his mind.” Lozano said he’s been in contact with Wolff throughout the summer. He would not give specifics about what was discussed during these consultations.

“His intention is to come back,” attorney Carl Salzmann said of his client, 21-year-old Rossman, from Sharon, Mass. Rossman was also trying to complete the summer class he was taking at the beginning of June. He went home before completing this course. Salzmann has maintained all summer his client does not remember the incident or know who may have punched him. “Well, he doesn’t know, I can’t confirm it,” Salzmann said of who may have punched Rossman.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/08/23/news.qp-3438184.sto

I need someones help here. Did not CR say that LS helped him back to his appt or was it MB, his roommate who made this statement. If it was CR, how could he remember this when he can't remember who punched him in the face(quoted by his attorney).

I think you mean that you are excepting that assertion.
Can we really suspect JR and not call in to question the details of his account?

No, I mean that basically everyone, whether they think it is true or not, has accepted for purposes of discussion that JR told LE that he saw LS turn the corner at 4:30AM.

I need someones help here. Did not CR say that LS helped him back to his appt or was it MB, his roommate who made this statement. If it was CR, how could he remember this when he can't remember who punched him in the face(quoted by his attorney).

He is presumably relating the story of MB.

Salzmann, CR's attorney, is the one who has said it publicly. After news about a source who saw LS come stumbling out of the elevator at SW, however, Salzmann changed his story and said it's possible they both were helping each other.

Salzmann, CR's attorney, is the one who has said it publicly. After news about a source who saw LS come stumbling out of the elevator at SW, however, Salzmann changed his story and said it's possible they both were helping each other.

Yep. It's on par with Salzmann saying CR can't remember anything because he took a hit at SW and MB saying CR crashed because he was drinking, IMO. He says what looks more "correct."

I think he'd said things to that effect before the video as well. Either way, he's been fairly euphemistic, and LE has video of them en route.

This is off subject. Wasn't LS going to school for fashion design? If so, does anyone know if she belonged to any organizations. The reason I ask is the Katelyn Markham case. KN belonged to several groups and online groups and someone mentioned the similarities. KM lived in Ohio.

This is off subject. Wasn't LS going to school for fashion design? If so, does anyone know if she belonged to any organizations. The reason I ask is the Katelyn Markham case. KN belonged to several groups and online groups and someone mentioned the similarities. KM lived in Ohio.

Fashion merchandising or marketing, I think?

I think he'd said things to that effect before the video as well. Either way, he's been fairly euphemistic, and LE has video of them en route.

What's euphemistic about him saying "Lauren helped" his client walk home? This communicates she was in command and he was not. There are no two ways about it: He later backpedaled and said something to the effect, "well maybe the walking wounded were helping each other." < < That is probably BS too.

When and where did LE identify the acquaintance in the video to 5 North as CR?

It doesn't sound to me, anyway, as though anything has been found at the landfill...very sad. It must be so hard on her family right now, with school starting up.

It doesn't sound to me, anyway, as though anything has been found at the landfill...very sad. It must be so hard on her family right now, with school starting up.

At the least, I'm sure they will have occasions to be in the same place at the same time as some POI. But I hope the POI reach out to them for F2F conversation.

What's euphemistic about him saying "Lauren helped" his client walk home? This communicates she was in command and he was not. There are no two ways about it: He later backpedaled and said something to the effect, "well maybe the walking wounded were helping each other." < < That is probably BS too.

When and where did LE identify the acquaintance in the video to 5 North as CR?
I do not think LE has ever acknowledged LS and CR were ever together that night.

What happened to Lauren? How can she just vanish in thin air? This is one of the cases that I really thought would have resolution...

No, I mean that basically everyone, whether they think it is true or not, has accepted for purposes of discussion that JR told LE that he saw LS turn the corner at 4:30AM.

I certainly haven't accepted it. Didn't it come from HT, on camera, when she said something to the affect of "he said he saw her walking and turn the corner and I believe him."

Tell you what - if I were HT and JR was my "very good friend" like she had said, I would have said "JR saw her turn the corner." PERIOD.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. For her to say "and I believe him" at a time when the masses' attention was on CR seems a little defensive.

I'd bet money that JR hasn't said a word to police, and everything we know has come either from HT in haste, or through his lawyer.

There has been nothing to indicate that he has spoken to police at all. AT ALL.

That statement and polygraph that he "provided" ... how many questions do you really think it answered? Not enough to deflect LS's parents' attention, that's for sure.

I'm hoping they have found something but just aren't revealing it yet.

Obviously if they found a body, we would know (I think?), but if they found other evidence they might wait until the designated area is 100% searched in case there is more evidence that could corroborate.

ie if they found a piece of clothing, maybe they are waiting to see if they find more clothing, or that sleeping bag that was rumored on the PT forums, or a piece of jewelry.

What happened to Lauren? How can she just vanish in thin air? This is one of the cases that I really thought would have resolution...

I ask myself this question on so many of these cases, but unfortunately it can happen when nobody sees the crime. It could be that a stranger just found her alone for a few minutes and that was all it took to leave little or no evidence behind for LE to track. I hope this isn't the case or this case could go on for a long time if somebody took her out of the area. At this point I don't know whether to lean toward a stranger abduction or someone who knew her. There just isn't enough to go on at this point. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy