Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you are able to do that on Kindle now too... and you can share with family members

It's personal preference I like the battery life on Kindle since it's not backlit - which also makes for a more book like appearance and easy to read in the light; but I like reading on my iphone in the dark, so.....

I was just about to buy a kindle....but....has it no night setting??? I read in bed all night on my phone but the app has a night setting!

On JA's FB page, someone is thanking Jeff for Linda's address. They say that they have information that is a bit shady, that it could be bad for one certain unethical attorney! Any guess as to what THAT is about?

The person who posted that also is FB friends with Richard Grund!

Each its pros and cons.

Kindle has easy to read screen. Does NOT do library books now, but maybe int he future. Kindle does have a PC app so you COULD read digital books that way.

Nook is COOl, in color and like a mini-Ipad. B&N lets you read for free in their stores, for an hour a day. Could save $$ by reading in store, if you can stand it!

I saw yesterday at Target, Google has a reading tablet - Iriver, for the price of a Kindle. Battery is supposed to last 6 weeks, two more than a Kindle.

Decisions, decisions.

Wah! Canadian - no B&N here - Chapters/Indigo is all I've seen. But Chapters does sell the Kindle...

On JA's FB page, someone is thanking Jeff for Linda's address. They say that they have information that is a bit shady, that it could be bad for one certain unethical attorney! Any guess as to what THAT is about?

Heh heh - no idea - who are you thinking of ....:waitasec:

I know that I didn't have him on a pedestal, and I do hope he enjoys retirement and has a lot of time to do the things he likes to do. I just think that it's possible to do that and not compromise the dignity you've conducted yourself with in the past.

And I was just waiting for someone to make comments about Jose (the storm), but I didn't think it would be Ashton, of all people! LOL... when I first heard that was the next named storm, I knew the jokes would be coming. Comedians could have a field day with that one!

Of course he can. I'm just saying that I'm surprised at that comment and also that he went in the direction he did with his book. Disappointed, too.

We don't know yet what direction he goes with his book. I found him to be much of a gentleman in the TV interviews and was not at all derogatory towards the defense or defendant. Love your avatar ! Very classy !

I was just about to buy a kindle....but....has it no night setting??? I read in bed all night on my phone but the app has a night setting!

No - no back lit screen on kindle - the newer ones have a cover you can buy with a built in night light (separate battery) and it's very cool looking - that's why kindle has a decent battery life. I read on my phone at night in the dark. Go to target and look at the kindle and Iriver and B&N for the nook - it's your call - with a smart phone and sync the kindle was a good fit for me.

No - no back lit screen on kindle - the newer ones have a cover you can buy with a built in night light (separate battery) and it's very cool looking - that's why kindle has a decent battery life. I read on my phone at night in the dark. Go to target and look at the kindle and Iriver and B&N for the nook - it's your call - with a smart phone and sync the kindle was a good fit for me.

Wah, Canadian - no Target!! What an afternoon!

Wah, Canadian - no Target!! What an afternoon!

no target here either! I dont even think we have b&n. after she said about syncing, there IS a kindle app, that could work!! :blowkiss: mommydog!

Wah! Canadian - no B&N here - Chapters/Indigo is all I've seen. But Chapters does sell the Kindle...

You can download all kinds of freebie books from your amazon.ca, I'm sure. As well as purchase many of the new releases. Sorry about the OT :innocent:

I ordered online from Amazon ..

We don't know yet what direction he goes with his book. I found him to be much of a gentleman in the TV interviews and was not at all derogatory towards the defense or defendant.

Very true. It'll be interesting to see what the tone and content of the book actually are once it's out. My pre-publication hesitation and dismay is just because of how quickly after the trial it is coming out, that it's such a short book about only one very small part of what I assume was an interesting career, and from the cover. And, of course, that FB comment about the Jose storm. Not exactly the high road, IMO.

Love your avatar ! Very classy !

Thanks! I like it and thought it would appeal both to those who like loons and/or those who think I am one! :crazy:

Bought the book as well but have been in a long debate about a kindle. Now, only thing left is decision between the kindle and the nook. Decisions !! :waitasec:

Don't have any experience with the Kindle, but love, love, love, wanna marry my nook. Have never read so much in my entire life. B&N has scads of free and reasonably priced content. The Nook is supposed to be able to download other content, library and other sources, but I've never tried it. B&N offers a free Nookbook each Friday. Sometimes I want them and sometimes I don't. Have the Nook ap on my phone and really like reading on my phone. A lot of my friends don't get that, but it's small yet the print is the same size as any book. Ya just have to drag a finger across the screen to "turn the page" more often. My nook isn't backlit, so it's easy to read outside in the sun. My phone is backlit so I can sit in a dark room with my husband and read while he watches sports. Everybody's together and happy. Only problem, and this would be the same for both Kindle and Nook, is that when I'm on a plane, I can't read from the time they make us turn off our electronic devises until about 10 minutes after take off when they say it's ok to use them again. That's the only fault, I've encountered.
Love, love, love this technology.

Don't have any experience with the Kindle, but love, love, love, wanna marry my nook. Have never read so much in my entire life. B&N has scads of free and reasonably priced content. The Nook is supposed to be able to download other content, library and other sources, but I've never tried it. B&N offers a free Nookbook each Friday. Sometimes I want them and sometimes I don't. Have the Nook ap on my phone and really like reading on my phone. A lot of my friends don't get that, but it's small yet the print is the same size as any book. Ya just have to drag a finger across the screen to "turn the page" more often. My nook isn't backlit, so it's easy to read outside in the sun. My phone is backlit so I can sit in a dark room with my husband and read while he watches sports. Everybody's together and happy. Only problem, and this would be the same for both Kindle and Nook, is that when I'm on a plane, I can't read from the time they make us turn off our electronic devises until about 10 minutes after take off when they say it's ok to use them again. That's the only fault, I've encountered.
Love, love, love this technology.

everything above and
love the search features and highlight features esp if doing research or looking for recipes in cookbooks

Have a look, Strawberry, it's not too bad - I just had a peek - his picture is predominant on the cover and the publisher has used four shots of FCA across the top in that horrendous green blouse that matched Andrea Lyon(s) - Too funny!

Thanks LG, I went and found the pic. Love it.

Think the green could be for the envy they feel that JA's book is climbing, climbing? Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL

Yay...I ordered 6 from B&N the first day they were available for pre-order and just ordered 4 more from Amazon - using WS link - today. A great way to start my Christmas shopping! LOL!

Congratulations Jeff Ashton!!!

It's easy to use those little book lights, or the new covers. As I understand it, the non-backlight is much easier on the eyes - important for people like me who can't put a good book down. I love my Kindle. Not only does it fit into my purse, there is also the Android app that works great on my cell. It syncs with my Kindle, so whichever I'm reading from knows my last page read. I normally keep about 4 books on my phone, but have no idea how many I have on Kindle itself...lots. Then there are the ones I just keep archived on Amazon... The only reason I would recommend a Nook is if you want to read magazines, because it is color. Other than that, I personally prefer Kindle for books and docs, etc.

BTW, sure wouldn't hurt for everyone that remembers to check the 'want to read on Kindle' box when you visit that page...that will help the publisher's decision to make it available for Kindle.

eta: just caught up and see the Nook is evidently available without the backlight now. And yes! on searches. Great for those mysteries with 60 names/characters...

Last night I had a giddy vision of JA being on next seasons DWTS. Wouldnt that be awesome!
Well, Nancy Grace is reportedly on it this season. Maybe they're partners? At least they'd be pretty much in step.
(Good luck with the book JA - I'll be ordering it)

everything above and
love the search features and highlight features esp if doing research or looking for recipes in cookbooks

Yep, and features to look up word definitions, bookmark pages and take notes. I can play a few games on my Nook too and shop to buy books of course, and get on the Internet, although I need Y-fi for mine. The Nook is also avail able with 3G. It's kind of awkward to access the Internet from the Nook, so I don't really that feature because I'm usually in possession of a computer.

JB/Kimster... Do you have a Websleuths link to order the Kindle through Amazon too? Will this book become available on Kindle?

Not sure when he will do twitter, but I like the occasional posts he and his wife put on FB. One from the other day, he was thanking everyone for the positive comments and said he hoped everyone survived Irma ( he meant Irene) and he also said " I look forward to hurricane Jose-- whole lot of wind not much substance.......Why does that remind me of something :) "
:giggle:
I love him and can't wait to read his book.

Love it! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members