Darlie on Discovery ID - Deadly Women

yup. i think her, betty lou beets and karla fay tucker are the only once that have been executed in a really long time. is that correct?

Christina Riggs was executed in 2000 I think but it wasn't in Texas it was Arkansas.

Christina Riggs was executed in 2000 I think but it wasn't in Texas it was Arkansas.

yes. i think there may be a few others in other states but i will look to be sure. my late night post was meant to say in texas. seems woman last much longer in texas on DR (and other states too)

darlie doesn't even have a date set yet. do you think they will set one soon. aren't the appeals almost worn out or done. do you know which it is? i have not found anything that looks like a new trial is going to ever happen.

late reply jennifer but u nailed it with the Real Housewives comparison. gah! the BBQ seen made me gag when darin grabbed darlie's boob in front of their guests

yes. i think there may be a few others in other states but i will look to be sure. my late night post was meant to say in texas. seems woman last much longer in texas on DR (and other states too)

darlie doesn't even have a date set yet. do you think they will set one soon. aren't the appeals almost worn out or done. do you know which it is? i have not found anything that looks like a new trial is going to ever happen.

Darlie received a stay from the federal judge until the new dna tests are completed. That was three years ago.

She'll never get a new trial...don't forget Devon's murder hasn't been tried yet so she'll be greeted with an arrest warrant if she ever gets out.

I don't think she'll ever be executed though

late reply jennifer but u nailed it with the Real Housewives comparison. gah! the BBQ seen made me gag when darin grabbed darlie's boob in front of their guests

I wonder if that was really how Darlie and Darin acted infront of their friends? Talk about tasteless people.

Darlie received a stay from the federal judge until the new dna tests are completed. That was three years ago.

She'll never get a new trial...don't forget Devon's murder hasn't been tried yet so she'll be greeted with an arrest warrant if she ever gets out.

I don't think she'll ever be executed though

I wonder why 3 years have gone by and these tests still aren't complete yet? It would be interesting if Darlie somehow was granted a new trial and found not guilty for the murder of Damon and was released and then as soon as a day or so went by there would be a knock on the door with an arrest warrant for the murder of Devon.

I remember this case. Really disturbing.

I wonder why 3 years have gone by and these tests still aren't complete yet? It would be interesting if Darlie somehow was granted a new trial and found not guilty for the murder of Damon and was released and then as soon as a day or so went by there would be a knock on the door with an arrest warrant for the murder of Devon.

I believe they have been fighting over which lab to use. I'm not sure but what I can make out from the affidavits on the .org site, Elizabeth Johnson wants to be able to be there when the tests are done and the state says no.

Those affidavits are pretty old so I don't know what's happening now. Someone said they need money to get the tests done. I've emailed the site many times and asked if there are any dna results yet but they never answer back.

I believe they have been fighting over which lab to use. I'm not sure but what I can make out from the affidavits on the .org site, Elizabeth Johnson wants to be able to be there when the tests are done and the state says no.

Those affidavits are pretty old so I don't know what's happening now. Someone said they need money to get the tests done. I've emailed the site many times and asked if there are any dna results yet but they never answer back.

I would be willing to pay for some of the testing if they would just hurry up and run the tests already. Three years is a long time to be waiting for dna results. I will email the site and see if offering some money to pay for the dna testing might get them to respond back. I think the state of Texas has wasted enough money on keeping her on death row. Enough is enough already. Plus I'm sure when the state does schedule her execution date Darlie is gonna start spilling her guts on what really happened that night.

now u have me wondering jennifer. how many 11th hour confessions have their been from death row? does anyone know of any in particular?

i think dar'lie will take her secret to the grave. better to die a martyr than a murderer in her mind im sure. BUT i think if she was offered life instead she would cave. IMO

now u have me wondering jennifer. how many 11th hour confessions have their been from death row? does anyone know of any in particular?

i think dar'lie will take her secret to the grave. better to die a martyr than a murderer in her mind im sure. BUT i think if she was offered life instead she would cave. IMO

by now she's prob convinced herself that her lies are the truth.

I know that when Ted Bundy's time was finally up he started to confess. There are several youtube videos of his confessions. He confessed to alot of the murders but he never did confess to killing Anne Marie Burr who I still think was his first victim. The last victim of his was Kimberly Leach who was 12 and that is what got him executed in the electric chair in Florida. When I watched some of his confessions that he made I think he thought he was going to save himself by talking but it didn't work out that way. I think they executed him the next morning. I think his mother said she thought the world could learn alot from Ted if they would have kept him alive and studied him. I think they made the right decision by executing him since he escaped from prison twice in the past. It would have been really bad if he would have escaped for a third time and he would have killed again. The point I am trying to make is that Ted Bundy claimed he was innocent for years until the end when he started to confess and blamed all of his actions on *advertiser censored*. I don't think it was *advertiser censored* that made him the way he was. He was a born killer and after Stephanie Brooks dumped him I think he searched for his victims that looked just like Stephanie with the long brown hair parted in the middle. I think if Darlie was offered life in prison she might start talking.

ted was even offered a plea deal before trial that would have spared him the DP. he wanted the circus of a trial. once the sentence became real he decided much could be learned from him and wanted to be studied. he started confessing to things in the 11th hour too trying to spare himself. i forgot about that actually. i am FOR the DP in a case like his though. his murders were wicked. once i learned they would revisit the bodies and continue to have sex with the corpse i freaked out.

then again..darlie's were wicked too. those were her sons..who trusted her and loved her. it's so sad.

If anyone reads this new book could you let us know if there is any new info on Darlie's case or her current status? Or is it just a rehash of the same material?

If anyone reads this new book could you let us know if there is any new info on Darlie's case or her current status? Or is it just a rehash of the same material?

New DNA results were released on 6/17/2015 yet again prove no intruder, just Darlie.
As for the book? More re-hashed nonsense with no proof but a lot of name calling. Same stuff her crowd does, lie and deny and name call.

Hi everyone
Can someone please point me in the direction of any new threads on Darlie? (sorry If I am posting in wrong place)
I am new to Web Sleuths and in Australia.. I saw a show on her a week ago called "On death row" I have since been reading as much as I can on this woman, watching youtube and reading some of the transcripts.. its fascinating..
I believe our version of the death row show was quite different to the American version.. Darlie talks about life in prison a bit more.. that she gets to watch tv, because she works. I found her behaviour odd.. she talks really slowly and dramatically pauses before she answers. I'm not a mother.. but if I were her, even 19 years later.. I would use any media attention possible to be telling people that the killer is still at large.. find him etc etc???
I believe she is guilty.. but like everyone.. have quite a few unanswered questions.
In particular, what was Darrin's involvement? (if any), and the sock?, and lack of motive? bother me. Also I read her court transcript and she reads her diary entries.. her entries do not sound like an evil woman at all.. quite the opposite... she speaks of her love for her sons and Darin a lot. Also neighbours like the 12 year old girl (Rebecca?) were over at her place all the time.. if she was such a horrible person.. I'm sure this young girl would not want to be anywhere near her. I have concluded (my opinion only) that she planned on killing her boys and then herself that night.. but she couldn't go through with her own suicide. I am actually surprised that the prosecutors did not use this scenario.. given that a month beforehand they had evidence she was talking about suicide.. these feelings do not just disappear over night!
Regardless of all these unanswered questions, I believe she is where she should be (hard to fathom she has been there since 1997!) and I myself believe in the death penalty.. I wish we had it here in Australia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back