TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi nosy! I believe that it was found that when Drew's grandmother made this statement about it being their first night not having been spent together.. That this was the day after the abduction, April 14th.. And that the grandmother was speaking of the night prior which would have been the night of April 13th that was their firt night spent apart.. Of course due to Holly having been abducted the morning of April 13th.. She therefor would not have been with Drew that night.. Hope I explained it well enough to make sense.. I do know for certain you can find the links to verify it on BeanE's casesignal website..

HTH:)

Telemag you bring up an EXCELLENT point!!!!
In the discussion of the family hiring a heavy hitting PI like even Ken Brennan.. Its been talked about that he doesn't do pro Bono and that likely the cost would be steep.. I know clu made a good point of his taking on the case in hopes of solving and getting the reward of $85,000..

But telemag you just brought up an excellent point that IMO would very likely be a solution of how to go about paying for the expensive services of such a heavy hitting PI.. Holly shirts.. We know their original plan was to be for a vacation for Holly when she returned safely.. This was in the beginning and I would think it very likely that her family is in a much different place and frame of mind at this point.. I know moreso than anything ALL THAT THEY WANT IS HOLLY FOUND AND BROUGHT HOME.. and I believe that they want that no matter at this point alive or sadly even deceased.. They want her brought home so they can lay her to rest as they so see fitting, as well as receive the closure this precious family more than deserves so atleast they would have the solace in "knowing".. It is the not knowing one way or the other that is the most pain staking and anguishing of all.. There is no moving forward when stuck in the stage of not knowing.. There is no proper grieving, and the many stages that come in be able to grieve.. When they don't know they are literally stuck in time, forever stuck in that day of April 13, 2011, time moves on as does the rest of the world.. But the Bobos are forever stuck there in that day of April 13, 2011..

I believe that there desperately needing to know at this point would have them in a different fre of mind than that of hoping to give Holly a vacation with the shirt money that's been made.. I would hope a loved one or family friend would go to them and talk to them about seeking this avenue of hope.. A hope of moving toward finding out what's happened to their precious daughter, Holly.. And that this is a very real and authentic option that can be absolutely beneficial in finding them what they so desperately seek and need at this Point..

I do not know what the total sum was that was made on Holly's shirts or if they are still being sold presently.. But I do know that at the last count that I know of for certain that we are talking a very real possibility of it being enough to hire someone like Ken.. Last that I saw reported(months ago) there had been 2500 Holly shirts that had been sold @$12.00 per shirt..that number alone is $30,000.00!!

IMO what better to be done with the profits of Hollys shirts?!? Than of that to bring Holly home.. To find the answers that they live each and every hour of each and every day searching for from sunrise to sundown, to the minute their heads raise from their pillow to the minute they lay their heads down on their pillow..

Telemag, I've not heard a better or more realistic approach and answer than that you just suggested of using the profits of the Holly Tshirts.. As I said I only hope a loved one will go to them and talk with them about truly making somethingike this happen..

So, in looking and attempting to decipher what Clint's acct of that mornings events was I did learn that the phone call was indeed made by Clint to Mom at school.. Where as other articles have reported the opposite.. And we learn that the call was made to mom for the purpose of finding out who the two ppl were that he could "see" their silhouettes and hear their young voices inside the attached garage.. And that he made the call while the two ppl were still in the garage..

Most importantly IMO is that it's learned that Clint made the call before seeing the two emerge from the garage.. They emerged from the garage while on the phone where he sees that it is infact his sister, Holly as well as he sees who he believes to be her boyfriend, Drew.. The two of them casually walking towards the woods.. Mom convinces Clint that he is mistaken/wrong in who he believes that he sees with his sister is Drew.. Mom tells him it is not possible that it is Drew..*

So my question is why then would Clint first have gone into the garage where they were previously??? To which we know once in the garage he sees the small amount of blood..
Why would you go to the garage first(or at all IMO) when you had just seen your sister with who you saw to be Drew, but Mom immediately convinces you that IT WAS NOT DREW, you witnessed them walking toward the woods.. So, again why would you first go into the garage where you knew they no longer were and why would you not go immediately where you had just witnessed them walking to, especially in lieu of just having been convinced by mom that sister was not with boyfriend, Drew and now known that she *was with an unknown male dressed all in camo??

Am I the only one who really is very concerned about what took place, as it took place??

I have the same basic nagging questions. ? Why not open the door that connects to wherever he was spying on them from and say HEY, WASSUP?
If he hears voices in the attached garage, why not check it out? It was stated earlier that the family hunts. I read that they had weapons in the home. If he felt concerned and heard his sisters voice arguing w/someone, why not check it out?

I just do not understand it at all. And i think the word 'dragging' was the correct one in the initial reports, but it did create too much backlash. People like me wondered out loud how he let his little sister get dragged into the woods without him chasing sooner.

I just find it odd because I have lots of family in rural areas where there is hunting. Nice area, but if you hear voices in your garage or on your property, you check it out, and are armed while doing so. Families who live on property that is backed by large hunting areas know to be cautious of armed strangers, some of whom have been drinking.

And

Where was Clint when he saw them walk into the woods? Was he still in the house? If so, I am really confused about the sequence of things...didn't Holly's mom let him know AT ONCE that this could not possibly be Drew? So was he talking to his mom as he was watching them walk into the woods?

Yes, clu that's exactly how he is stating it occurred. That he called mom to ask who was in the garage? Whole they were still in garage.. While on the phone he figures out Its his sis.. He says he turns around to then see them walking toward the woods.. Who he saw and believed to be Drew.. And that his mom told him no it couldn't be Drew..
The next thing that's stated is that he then goes out inti the garage!! The garage where he knows they are no longer in because he turned around and saw them come out of the garage and head toward the woods.. So why would he go to the garage first?? When he'd seen them walk towards the woods and mom immediately told him IT WAS NOT DREW AS HE BELIEVED IT WAS!! why does he go to where he knows they no longer are??? While in the garage he then sees blood that he thought was from a turkey Drew killed.. He says this even tho in his sequence of events he has already stated that back while on the phone with mom when seeing the two walk casually to the woods.. His MOM TELLS HIM IT CANNOT BE DREW!! but that's what he says he believed the blood was from AFTER BEING TOLD IT WAS NOT DREW!!

This all according to his sequence Of events in his one statement to JVM(posted upthread).. Not a combo of different interviews.. This is from one interview..

I am sorry but for whatever reasons(reasons I do not know amd do not even begin to act as tho I understand).. I have come to the conclusion we are being told something that did not happen.. The events as we know them.. They are nothing of what truly happened that morning! That is the only thing I am certain of at this point!!

Clearly LEthinks it's a local and may have reasons that we don't know about formthinking that way. But if some are thinking of Jayxee Dugard. I keep thinking of Molly Bish, who was kidnapped at a local swimming pond and was, at some point, taken into the woods near the pond. If Molly's mother is correct, the perpetrator is likely a man who was seen in a car near the pond--no one that the family knew. During a hunting season, many people might be in the area who do not live there, and perhaps Holly was seen by someone at home or elsewhere. Or the person may have lived in that area in the past.

Unless LE has actual physical evidence that points to some particular local person or group, it's a mistake to pin the investigation on what is only a hypothesis--that only a local could pull off the abduction. There are topographical maps! You can google almost anywhere and see the woods, the roads, etc. near any address.
Molly Bish has been brought onto this forum several times. Although her case has never been solved, there is a suspect who emerged 9 years later and drove a white vehicle that matched the description, he hunted and fished in the area where Molly was found and closely matches the description given by the mother. He was given a 25 year sentence in FL for killing his girlfriend. I am not trying to say this guy is the killer, but he certainly fits the bill. Also, this suspect lived only 15 miles from the place Molly was abducted from.
The one difference that makes MB and HB cases not very similar IMO is that HB was taken from home and MB was in a remote location while working. Going onto someone's property and possibly into someone's home with the intention of abducting them really changes the conditions of the crime. There is nothing to rule out that a vagabond of sorts stumbled upon HB and became so infatuated that he had to stalk and then abduct her from her home, but IMO that is really stretching it and I would think it would be much easier to find somebody out and about than walking into the unknown at the potential victim's home.
I am not sure if HB and her abductor spent much time in the woods, but for the sake of debate let's assume they did. I would have to disagree with the notion that maps of any kind would be enough to make one feel comfortable navigating through very heavily forested areas. Not only heavily forested areas, but even paved and marked roads off the main paths. It could give you a general overlay of the directions you would want to move, but not where you are actually going. I lived in rural KY for parts of my life and I can tell you that every map I have ever seen of the area is confusing compared to being in the forests, there are no marked paths or signs out there. When going on 4 wheeler rides in the area, I know enough landmarks to get to local destinations. But when groups get together to go off into the wilderness, you literally cannot see the forest through the trees unless you know exactly where your going. They also travel at such a quick speed through these areas that I need some of them to slow down so I do not get lost. Point being that I feel comfortable enough being around the forest but would not dare go into the forest on my own, even with maps, GPS and a working laptop. But one of the local boys could drive at a break neck speed through the forest and be completely in their element.

I am so lost with what actually happened that morning, in what order, and I cannot figure out why there would be any investigative reason for keeping things so muddled. How could the case be in danger (assuming they have one) by clarifying the sequence of events that morning? Clint has already said he thought it was Drew and that otherwise, he could not describe the man any better than his height and weight estimates, which haven't stayed the same. Is the smokescreen simply to cover for what may have been perceived blunders on Clint's part by not reacting quickly? If so, I think people are past that, and just want to know what really happened and if there is any way to help figure this out.

All the contradictions in the interview(s) I just read sound VERY much like something is being covered up. I can't think of any other explanation for all the inconsistencies :confused:

So, in looking and attempting to decipher what Clint's acct of that mornings events was I did learn that the phone call was indeed made by Clint to Mom at school.. Where as other articles have reported the opposite.. And we learn that the call was made to mom for the purpose of finding out who the two ppl were that he could "see" their silhouettes and hear their young voices inside the attached garage.. And that he made the call while the two ppl were still in the garage..

Most importantly IMO is that it's learned that Clint made the call before seeing the two emerge from the garage.. They emerged from the garage while on the phone where he sees that it is infact his sister, Holly as well as he sees who he believes to be her boyfriend, Drew.. The two of them casually walking towards the woods.. Mom convinces Clint that he is mistaken/wrong in who he believes that he sees with his sister is Drew.. Mom tells him it is not possible that it is Drew..*

So my question is why then would Clint first have gone into the garage where they were previously??? To which we know once in the garage he sees the small amount of blood..
Why would you go to the garage first(or at all IMO) when you had just seen your sister with who you saw to be Drew, but Mom immediately convinces you that IT WAS NOT DREW, you witnessed them walking toward the woods.. So, again why would you first go into the garage where you knew they no longer were and why would you not go immediately where you had just witnessed them walking to, especially in lieu of just having been convinced by mom that sister was not with boyfriend, Drew and now known that she *was with an unknown male dressed all in camo??

Am I the only one who really is very concerned about what took place, as it took place??

IMHO.....He was probably looking for the person's car or truck in the driveway to see if it was one that he recognized. He probably thought that maybe that would tell him who was with Holly if in fact it could not be Drew. I've done that same thing myself.

He also might've wanted to see what was in the garage that was so important.....he was probably trying to figure out what exactly was going on with Holly, and he started there.

I am not at all concerned about Clint's role in Holly's disappearance. The media has published a lot of misleading versions of the story, and caused a lot of doubt and confusion about this young man. I don't believe Clint was involved in harming his sister.

I am so lost with what actually happened that morning, in what order, and I cannot figure out why there would be any investigative reason for keeping things so muddled. How could the case be in danger (assuming they have one) by clarifying the sequence of events that morning? Clint has already said he thought it was Drew and that otherwise, he could not describe the man any better than his height and weight estimates, which haven't stayed the same. Is the smokescreen simply to cover for what may have been perceived blunders on Clint's part by not reacting quickly? If so, I think people are past that, and just want to know what really happened and if there is any way to help figure this out.
I am with you in the line of thought that the information as it has been presented to the public is almost like a distorted telling of what actually happened. But in regard to investigative reasons for muddying up information in a case, there is a laundry list of reasons and I would choose not to discuss in very much depth in this case because who really knows. All i will say about that is to read "25 ways to suppress the truth", you can find online by googling for it.

IMHO.....He was probably looking for the person's car or truck to see if it was one that he recognized. He probably thought that maybe that would tell him who was with Holly if in fact it could not be Drew. I've done that same thing myself.

And he was also more than likely confirming that Holly's car was also still there, and that Drew's was not.

I am not at all concerned about Clint's role in Holly's disappearance. The media has published a lot of misleading versions of the story, and caused a lot of doubt and confusion about this young man. I don't believe Clint was involved in harming his sister.

I don't believe he was involved in harming his sister either, but i still have doubts about the way he describes that mornings events.

I never felt comfortable with the story that CB has given. The only thing that we have to go on as far as what happened that morning and everything about those events is what CB has said. Now I am NOT saying that CB had anything to do with Holly's abduction, but lets just for a second pretend that what CB has told us about those events are not true. This is not too hard to believe obviously, but if so then everyone is being led on a wild goose chase. Maybe CB stumbled upon her kidnapping and was threatened either with his death or Holly's if he said anything., Maybe CB knows the man or men and is scared to death to say anything. I always got the impression tht CB was a little frightened by what he heard in the garage and that is why he called his Mom. The family seems pretty sure that she is still alive. Maybe she is, maybe she has been allowed to contact her family and one of the conditions to being quiet is that she will be safe from harm. I personally would have never believed that CB had told such a story about what he saw if I hadn't seen him on TV being interviewed. Now after hearing it from him direct I definately don't.

Why call his mother? Fear. Indecision. Should he confront the strangers? Call the sheriff? Or what? He also said that, while talking with his mother, he saw HB and the person misidentified as Drew. I don't think at this point that KB had received the message from the neighbor. Once she received that message, KB probably made a flurry of phone calls. Or so I would imagine.

I agree with your assessment. There's nothing suspicious about him calling his Mom about people in the garage.

I don't believe anyone here is stating that Clint is in any way involved in his sister's disappearance.. Nor is my pointing out major flaws in the acct that he gives.. And I am not going on other reporters articles or reporting choices.. I am going strictly on Clint's words of the acct he gives of that mornings events.. I do not know who did this.. And my pointing out major inconsistencies does not make my opinion that Clint harmed his sister!! If you read my posts it would be clear as I am always certain to point out that I am in no way making any accusation of Clint or anyone for that matter..

There are major problems with the acct given.. Major.. If we could understand why it's being chosen to muddle, confuse, or not able to keep straight the acct that's supposed to ve given to the public.. Maybe there could be forward movent to bringing Holly home.. As of now there is nothing that is forward moving about her case.. And until there is there will be ppl who will attempt to figure out why things have been so very muddled, whether intentional or not, THEY ARE MUDDLED!! and my personal opinion is that things that happened that morning are nothing how they seem or have been purposed to bE.. That is my opinion and it in no way is indicative, nor even alluding to Clint having harmed his sister.. That is no where stated In any of these posts or alluded to in any of the posts.. Believing he had no involvement has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH STATING THE OBVIOUS, GLARING INCONSISTENCIES THAT ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE, AS WELL AS CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD WITH YOUR OWN EYES AND EARS IN THE INTERVIEWS..

I never felt comfortable with the story that CB has given. The only thing that we have to go on as far as what happened that morning and everything about those events is what CB has said. Now I am NOT saying that CB had anything to do with Holly's abduction, but lets just for a second pretend that what CB has told us about those events are not true. This is not too hard to believe obviously, but if so then everyone is being led on a wild goose chase. Maybe CB stumbled upon her kidnapping and was threatened either with his death or Holly's if he said anything., Maybe CB knows the man or men and is scared to death to say anything. I always got the impression tht CB was a little frightened by what he heard in the garage and that is why he called his Mom. The family seems pretty sure that she is still alive. Maybe she is, maybe she has been allowed to contact her family and one of the conditions to being quiet is that she will be safe from harm. I personally would have never believed that CB had told such a story about what he saw if I hadn't seen him on TV being interviewed. Now after hearing it from him direct I definately don't.

I don't think Clint is holding anything back.....except maybe what LE has asked him not to reveal.

The problem with the muddled versions is that people can't past the varying and odd details to try to figure out what might have really happened and while it is not vital that WE know everything, I sure hope LE does. But I am at a loss as to what good it is doing at month 5 to be so secretive.

I believe that her family holds the same hope for Holly being alive that all families of missing persons hold; I don't believe they have had contact, but that is just my opinion. LE, the last time they spoke, sounded pretty lost as to what happened to Holly-that I believed.

Yes, clu that's exactly how he is stating it occurred. That he called mom to ask who was in the garage? Whole they were still in garage.. While on the phone he figures out Its his sis.. He says he turns around to then see them walking toward the woods.. Who he saw and believed to be Drew.. And that his mom told him no it couldn't be Drew..
The next thing that's stated is that he then goes out inti the garage!! The garage where he knows they are no longer in because he turned around and saw them come out of the garage and head toward the woods.. So why would he go to the garage first?? When he'd seen them walk towards the woods and mom immediately told him IT WAS NOT DREW AS HE BELIEVED IT WAS!! why does he go to where he knows they no longer are??? While in the garage he then sees blood that he thought was from a turkey Drew killed.. He says this even tho in his sequence of events he has already stated that back while on the phone with mom when seeing the two walk casually to the woods.. His MOM TELLS HIM IT CANNOT BE DREW!! but that's what he says he believed the blood was from AFTER BEING TOLD IT WAS NOT DREW!!

This all according to his sequence Of events in his one statement to JVM(posted upthread).. Not a combo of different interviews.. This is from one interview..

I am sorry but for whatever reasons(reasons I do not know amd do not even begin to act as tho I understand).. I have come to the conclusion we are being told something that did not happen.. The events as we know them.. They are nothing of what truly happened that morning! That is the only thing I am certain of at this point!!

Maybe He thought his mother was mistaken about Drew. I have children in that age range, and sometimes they doubt me, only to find out later that Mom was right....

I'm sure that LE has asked the Bobos to hold some things back for good reason. Clint may very well be omitting some elements of the story that would harm the investigation. I have no issues with that, because I know the family wants Holly to be found.

Maybe He thought his mother was mistaken about Drew. I have children in that age range, and sometimes they doubt me, only to find out later that Mom was right....

I'm sure that LE has asked the Bobos to hold some things back for good reason. Clint may very well be omitting some elements of the story that would harm the investigation. I have no issues with that, because I know the family wants Holly to be found.

I wish I was so sure...not feeling that way at all. Her mom seemed pretty desperate for info on JVM show last month, not as though she was containing info, but that she did not have any. Her father is out trooping through the woods and fields almost every day while her brother is out driving the small towns posting flyers...does not sound to me like a family who knows much about what happened to Holly, or is getting briefed by LE, if they even know anything.

It's never a good idea for the perp to know exactly what LE knows....or everything that Clint may have seen and heard. There's no reason to spill every little detail just yet. This perp probably has been following the case in the media, since most of them do.

I can understand LE not telling everything they know or don't know but I don't understand why no one in LE ever holds a press conference to reassure the family and the community that they have leads, are still working on the case, and haven't given up.

There have been cases solved because of little tidbits released to the media. When LE keeps quiet for so long it gives the impression they know nothing and who knows if they are even working on the case. jmo

I can certainly understand how the Bobos must feel like nothing is happening and nothing is being done if LE doesn't tell them anything either.

Don't get me wrong. I understand withholding some things and I'm not saying they aren't doing their job or still investigating. I just think they should say something in the media.

Anything is better than nothing. Like what happened to the poi they arrested or questioned? Have they dismissed him as a poi? Are leads still coming in? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong