Dr Phil w/ George and Cindy Anthony (Show airs 9.13.2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a Grandchild yet, but if I did I would not have waited 31 days. I know that for sure!! If that had been my Grandbaby I would have tracked her down after a few days of not being able to talk to Caylee. I guess CA is a little naive to have believed all the lies coming from the Felon during those 31 days. I would not have cared if my child was mad at me because I would have been twice as mad! I think they could have found her during those 31 days if they really wanted too???

Thanks button just wasn't enough!

I totally agree.

Why is that a slip?

I can understand the point Cindy was trying to make about that photo and others. It's something that's been done in just about every trial I've watched, and I've never cared for that technique. It's effective, but dishonest IMO--and I'm talking about both prosecutors and defense attorneys who use it. One photo from one night tells me nothing. Her expression and demeanor could have been completely different 10 minutes before that or ten minutes after. Somebody could snap a picture of any of us while we're going through a crisis, yet it could look to all the world like we were having a fine time. I just don't like it when they do that.

How bout the technique of MANY photos over MANY nights?

subdued3.jpg
subdued2.jpg
subdued1.jpg
subdued.jpg

Ya think Cindy's thinking she was "subdued" 10 minutes before each shot or 10 minutes after each shot?

If I don't understand what a poster has posted I ask - otherwise what are we doing on here, if we aren't sharing understandable thoughts & ideas??

As for me I'm glad you did, I thought the answer was perfect and made sense.

I remember from watching Dr Phil a few years ago that one thing he does with 2-part shows is make them kind of a teaser, with the second part being the better of the shows. More detail in the second part, from what I remember. Perhaps that will be true of this one.

You could tell that there had been a lot of editing, which is true of any of just about any interview that doesn't air live.

Editing was inevitable with 9 hours of raw interview whittled down to around 2 hours of programing. I'm just a bit curious on how much influence the Anthonys had on the editing. Did they have an agreement with the Dr Phil show on what would air? It could have been part of the exclusive agreement they came up with. MOO.

Dr Phil said on the Joy Behar show yesterday, that a third interview will be Mon.
Just a wrap-up and about the trial.

IMO

These pictures were taken prior to Caylee's death. However, there are pictures of KC with TL over three different nights at Fusion. In all, she is having a great time. jmo

He didn't role over no, but he didn't own up to stupid things like the tape at trial and made the stupid gas can a bigger ordeal, it's my opinion he came off the way he did with a purpose. While I do believe George is more sympathetic and truthful I still think he played a part in Casey's non guilty verdict.

I think he told the truth about the tape on the gas can. He did put the tape on the nozzle when Casey brought it back with the vent top broken. He did not put the tape across the rounded part and I wouldn't expect him to admit to something he did not do.

Imo, the jury is fully responsible for the insane verdict. They dismissed ever piece of evidence the state entered and overburdened the state where no prosecutor in this country could have gotten a conviction.

Imo, George wanted justice for Caylee but of course he did not want to see his daughter die.

IMO

I think playing the good parent/bad parent routine was the only way George and Cindy knew how to deal with Casey. I disagree with those who claim that Cindy is controlling, I think Cindy played the part of the peace keeper and, because of that, she was controlled by Casey and, to an extent, by George too. She's still playing that role, trying to make excuses for Casey to keep George from hating her, and trying to soften what George says so as not to infuriate Casey. It's no wonder to me that Cindy seems a bit off her rocker, she has good reason to be, IMO.

I agree with you.

I think that Cindy is so starved for the love of GA, LA and FCA, that she goes to uber extremes for them. There has been so much chaos in that house, and I think CA embraces the chaos because, perhaps, it’s the only time they pay her any attention. I think they all just loath each other.

Nonprofits may spend as much or as little as they like on admin. costs, though they may be flagged by the IRS for spending a huge amount on admin costs for several years, which may result in an audit. It is pretty typical for a new nonprofit to spend more $s on admin as they get the nonprofit up and running.

Salaries are not considered across the board to be an administrative cost. If a a staff person is working on programming, then this is a program cost, not admin. When I was the ED of a nonprofit, 80% of my time was spent on programming and 20% was on G&O, and our financials and 990s reflected that (I had to detail what I did with my time for the auditors to come up with that ratio).
Thanks for the info. So a nonprofit can go for several years of excessive admin costs before a red flag is thrown and the IRS may respond. I guess maybe you shut that one down and start an other. Where have I seen that before?

How bout the technique of MANY photos over MANY nights?

(snipped photos for space)

Ya think Cindy's thinking she was "subdued" 10 minutes before each shot or 10 minutes after each shot?

I have no idea what Cindy was thinking or would think about your photo montage. My position remains the same: I think that using even 10 photos from each of the 31 days/nights is a dishonest technique, no matter who or which side uses it. And that's because they don't tell the full story. For all I know, every minute of each of those days/nights was fun-filled and carefree. Or Casey was subdued most of the time. Or it was half-and-half. Or something else. I just don't know, and I won't be swayed by what photos any attorney shows in court to try to further their agenda. I realize that there are 24 hours and over 1400 minutes in a day, and that no one's state of mind or demeanor can be proven in a shutter click that takes less than a second.

Editing was inevitable with 9 hours of raw interview whittled down to around 2 hours of programing. I'm just a bit curious on how much influence the Anthonys had on the editing. Did they have an agreement with the Dr Phil show on what would air? It could have been part of the exclusive agreement they came up with. MOO.

Does Dr. Phil typically allow his guests to choose what will be aired?

I think he told the truth about the tape on the gas can. He did put the tape on the nozzle when Casey brought it back with the vent top broken. He did not put the tape across the rounded part and I wouldn't expect him to admit to something he did not do.

Imo, the jury is fully responsible for the insane verdict. They dismissed ever piece of evidence the state entered and overburdened the state where no prosecutor in this country could have gotten a conviction.

Imo, George wanted justice for Caylee but of course he did not want to see his daughter die.

IMO

He played it squirrely the whole time. I'm sure I missed the end result of his answer because of the HUGE run around, to me this is the same as a lie.
I agree, he did not want to see his daughter die, he still had an agenda and he still played it IMO.

She said she was a very good Mom and she has told her she'd never take Caylee away from her. Didnt seem to mind that something changed in kc after Caylee was born. said they didnt find out about Caylee until she was 5 mo pregnant.

I wonder which time they found out that they are speaking of...when LA told CA that OCA was not just bloated and she told him to MYOB or when FCA came by the office and told CA she had been to the doctor and it wasn't just a tumor - weeks (not months) before Caylee was born.

Spin, spin, spin! Yeah Phil you're right, people just wanna shake her awake but we know it won't help!!!

Does Dr. Phil typically allow his guests to choose what will be aired?
I don't know. But he usually has a live audience. Not in this case. So exceptions have been made.

JMO....Cindy and George should have waited to do this interview (if at all) until after Lee's wedding.

From what I've seen/heard/read, there were no restrictions on what could be asked and the A's were not part of the editing decisions.

JMO

JMO....Cindy and George should have waited to do this interview (if at all) until after Lee's wedding.

How will this interview interfere in Lee's wedding. Thats not until next month, right?

IMO

Thanks for the info. So a nonprofit can go for several years of excessive admin costs before a red flag is thrown and the IRS may respond. I guess maybe you shut that one down and start an other. Where have I seen that before?

Where have we seen that a nonprofit was flagged by the IRS and subsequently shut down and the principals started another one? What have I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88