Boy From the Woods

Yeah I think it is a hoax and by the German's not taking Britain up on the offer of sending someone over that tells me that the Germans are thinking the story is untrue now too but since they first came out and said the believed him...they are trying to save face.

This guy probably is like 22 or 24 years old too.

Secrets the forest boy is hiding: What is the truth about the 'English' teenager who claims he's been living wild for years?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hes-living-wild-years.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

From that link (bbm):

After talking for half an hour, the woman contacted the German equivalent of social services, who suggested Ray should go to an emergency reception centre for young adults some five miles away.

To help him get there, the woman printed off a map and gave him instructions on how to travel there on the underground.

Intriguingly, the boy produced money and asked if it were enough for the journey. It was, and the woman painstakingly explained how he should take the money to the ticket office and ask for a ticket.

‘Can’t I just use the machine?’ was his response — another indication, perhaps, that he was not entirely unaccustomed to the workings of the modern world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aims-hes-living-wild-years.html#ixzz1YsFBRbxN

I'm afraid that if this is a hoax, then he has some serious issues. After his '15 minutes of fame' are up, then he may lose it and do something drastic. If he doesn't get help, then he may pop up again in the future with another ploy to get into the public eye..... :(

All MOO.

Yeah I think it is a hoax and by the German's not taking Britain up on the offer of sending someone over that tells me that the Germans are thinking the story is untrue now too but since they first came out and said the believed him...they are trying to save face.

This guy probably is like 22 or 24 years old too.

What makes you believe he's older? Just curious.

From that link (bbm):

I'm afraid that if this is a hoax, then he has some serious issues. After his '15 minutes of fame' are up, then he may lose it and do something drastic. If he doesn't get help, then he may pop up again in the future with another ploy to get into the public eye..... :(

All MOO.

He could be suffering from amnesia but I don't believe his living in the woods/forest for 5 years. Maybe he was too ashamed to admit he didn't remember anything and came up with this elaborate story?

Strange.

What makes you believe he's older? Just curious.
Just a hunch because thinking if this is indeed a hoax and he wants an easy ride. Why say you are over 18 an adult? The doors would be closed for him, he knew he couldn't pass for younger than 17 so that is why he selected 17 years old.

More of the same. Hate to say this but am wondering about a hoax
As early as post #3, badhorsie was suggesting this was a hoax. Outlandish tales like this one gather us in and make us want to believe, just for the sheer adventure the lad's story contains. But, sorry - outlandish tales are infrequently true. If this one proves to be so, I'll have to buy a new b-s detector from Hink-a-donics, as the old one will have failed me.

I've said 'hoax' from day one - and the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking he's some manner of writer/journsalist and this will turn into a movie or book - written by him.

One thing I was thinking..people said that maybe he learnt English in school...however foreign languages are normally taught in senior school and if he was only 12 when he went into the wood...well im not sure he would have known it that well.

Also...he had a rucksack..sleeping bag..money..knew how to use the machines? how did he get these things had he been in the forest for 5 years?

One thing I was thinking..people said that maybe he learnt English in school...however foreign languages are normally taught in senior school and if he was only 12 when he went into the wood...well im not sure he would have known it that well.

Also...he had a rucksack..sleeping bag..money..knew how to use the machines? how did he get these things had he been in the forest for 5 years?

English in most European countries is taught from early years.

I'm wondering why someone from the Czech Rep hasn't come forward if there's a possibility the two vagabonds may have lived in the mountains there. I find it difficult to believe no one saw them in 5 yrs, and no one saw the boy as he made his way to Berlin. Didnt anyone even see him as he walked into the city?

English in most European countries is taught from early years.

I'm wondering why someone from the Czech Rep hasn't come forward if there's a possibility the two vagabonds may have lived in the mountains there. I find it difficult to believe no one saw them in 5 yrs, and no one saw the boy as he made his way to Berlin. Didnt anyone even see him as he walked into the city?

Erm I play World of warcraft Europe..and whenever we have talked about how good they speak English they have said they learnt it in senior school..the same as we learn languages here in senior school i guess. Maybe some European countries learn it later than o thers I dont know?

Curious that LE has not investigated the make/model of his sleeping bag/ruck sack, clothing labels, show brand. They would be a big clue.

If german, he could very well have learned to speak English by living within proximity of the American military instillations there.

For example: We lived near Kaiserslautern. We rarely met any German young or old that didn't speak English to some extent.

It's been my experience that the children in Germany begin learning English in primary school.

I don't know at what levels it's taught in other european countries but it's my impression that it is taught.

Just a few memories I had. JMHO

Thanks for the links on the new articles. I am glad that the Sun Journalist got out into the Forest and did some hands on research, rare these days.

Call me a fool, but, I believe this boy. 2 cents.

If german, he could very well have learned to speak English by living within proximity of the American military instillations there.

For example: We lived near Kaiserslautern. We rarely met any German young or old that didn't speak English to some extent.

It's been my experience that the children in Germany begin learning English in primary school.

I don't know at what levels it's taught in other european countries but it's my impression that it is taught.

Just a few memories I had. JMHO

My experience has been the same. Germans are expected to learn English in school, and most speak it very well (with an "Oxford" accent, unless they've been around Americans a lot.)

OK so what did he expect the police or government to do? Why show up at City Hall in Berlin? He could've found a homeless shelter or continued to live in the woods.

:waiting:

OK so what did he expect the police or government to do? Why show up at City Hall in Berlin? He could've found a homeless shelter or continued to live in the woods.

waiting:

It appears he wants the government to take care of him. Why else would he go to City Hall?

Why no appeal to the public? Maybe because he knows he'll be found out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back