Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this logical? (I don't lift weights and have no idea.)

Who is supposedly using the rope to lift weights? The naked schizophrenic brother? :eek:hoh:

Actually, rope may be used for certain weightlifting exercises, depending on how they are done. I'd say an advanced weightlifter is more likely to use rope consistently. To me, this is a plausible explanation on its face. I'm sure LE will carefully consider this possibility.

IMO

Snipped
The state's attorney told the judge that during a search of the home in August, police saw a poster depicting a woman with a sword through her genitals and found a hanging noose, and that on other occasions they had arrived at the home to find Josh Powell's brother naked when answering the door.
It's way past time to terminate JP's parental rights!

It's way past time to terminate JP's parental rights!

Powell is allowed a 3-hour supervised visitation with his children on Sundays and agreed to have a psychological evaluation in an effort to regain custody of his children in the future

This should be interesting. JP and a psych evaluation! He may never get his sons back!

This should be interesting. JP and a psych evaluation! He may never get his sons back!
The CPS caseworker has the authority to order JP to undergo multiple psych evaluations in addition to drug testing. :woohoo:

The CPS caseworker has the authority to order JP to undergo multiple psych evaluations in addition to drug testing. :woohoo:

Hope they psych evaluation takes him through all his emotions!
:liar: :shush: :panic: :anguish: :abduction: :footinmouth: :rage:
:curses:

I can see him asking a close friend (if he has any) and/or going to a library to get on a computer to look up How to pass a psychological evaluation LOL

JMO

I should have clarified, my point was that CPS does not have the best track record in history unless we are talking about "woulda, coulda, shoulda". How many times did they drop the ball while Jaycee Duggard was a prisoner right under their noses? I'd also hope they would follow up and make sure EVERYONE at that school knew the routine regarding the child, and JP. I also hope the child will be properly supervised while outside. It only takes a moment to abduct a willing child, and JP looks desperate about now. JMHO

Yes, and that's the child he should be worried about. He's the one that was old enough to REMEMBER, possibly, what happened to his mommy that last time he saw her.:(

JMHO
fran

Noose and other stuff. Noose, by the way, was "an exercise handle" used by JP's brother who enjoyed working out...

Would that be JP's brother that walked around the house naked?:sick:

just wonderin'
fran
:angel:

We had this discussion in the early threads too, and unfortunately, I think the change in JP's attitude in regards to following a faith was the catalyst in this case as it was in her wanting a divorce. I don't think it's fair to avoid it. Other believers in different faiths are just as "strict" with shunning...not only LDS. imo

Actually, "shunning" is not part of the LDS faith. We don't believe in shunning anyone. However, we might avoid someone whose presence makes us feel totally creeped out, *cough SP*, but I think any normal person should do that.

Why would he own a photo of the hangman's noose which is supposedly used by his brother? Toooooo weird!

LOL, nah, he TOOK a picture of the noose, ehhh...rope, to show the judge it was for exercise.

What I wanna' know is why he didn't take a picture of the disgusting poster he CLAIMS wasn't on the wall. He admitted they MAY have had it, but denied it was on the wall. :rolleyes:

Yeah, LE found it in the cupboard and claimed it was on the wall? NOT!

Hopefully they took a picture of it,.................as it WAS HANGING on the wall.

JMHO
fran

Would that be JP's brother that walked around the house naked?:sick:

just wonderin'
fran
:angel:

Well it's not like he always walked around naked, just sometimes when important visitors came and it was his turn to answer the door. :banghead:

I'll be on Barnes & not so Noble trying to find a copy of The world according to Powell if anyone needs me. :sick:

Yes, and that's the child he should be worried about. He's the one that was old enough to REMEMBER, possibly, what happened to his mommy that last time he saw her.:(

JMHO
fran

The court ordered counseling for the boys. If he were to mention something about that night, could the counselor question him? Could that information be turned over to LE?

I can see him asking a close friend (if he has any) and/or going to a library to get on a computer to look up How to pass a psychological evaluation LOL

JMO
To try to get his kids back, he may have to take a MMPI-2 or 2 RF which will likely show hypomanic, schizoid, paranoid, depressed, social introvert, and LIAR who tried to lie during this assessment. He will also likely be forced to take a parenting awareness survey which he will possibly flunk since he believes it is ok to have a poster of a naked woman on the wall with a sword through her genitals, his adult schizophrenic brother walking around the house "commando", and his voyeuristic and pedo dad near his children.

I think Josh and his dad are really screwed up. That said, my husband was raised LDS and when he grew up and chose another way, his mom and dad (LDS) disowned him. I think religious beleifs shoud stay out of this discussion..cos I come from a LDS familiy and there are alot of skeletons in our closets.

I am sorry if this discussion may offend you. This case is completely centered around the LDS faith. I am LDS, my brother is not. I do understand when people leave our faith.

However, what I was referring to is the fact that in court today, Josh specifically asked the judge to not allow his boys to go to church with Chuck and Judy. He was given his visitation rights on Sunday during the 3 hour block that their grandparents will be in church to appease his feelings.

Steven Powell has been extremely prejudicial in his feelings that the Mormon church (his words) ruined Josh's marriage and is the "problem" with Susan. It makes me SICK that SP and JP try to say that Susan is the one with the problem when it appears to everyone else that Susan was quite normal, loving, and trying very hard. While SP is obviously ... :sick: And JP was raised by SP and is now (after moving in with SP) denouncing the church and ... (what else? We will likely be able to fill in the blanks in the next couple of months)

The court ordered counseling for the boys. If he were to mention something about that night, could the counselor question him? Could that information be turned over to LE?
Yes. The therapist could also believe that the 6 year old experienced neglect because he witnessed domestic abuse/violence against his mother. Since the therapist is a mandatory reporter, the therapist would have to tell CPS. CPS will certainly tell the police.

To try to get his kids back, he may have to take a MMPI-2 or 2 RF which will likely show hypomanic, schizoid, paranoid, depressed, social introvert, and LIAR who tried to lie during this assessment. He will also likely be forced to take a parenting awareness survey which he will possibly flunk since he believes it is ok to have a poster of a naked woman on the wall with a sword through her genitals and his adult schizophrenic brother walking around the house "commando".

Oh the images, oh the images!! Brain bleach anyone?!

P.S. commando :floorlaugh:

How many people here think that Josh will continue to be faithful with his supervised visitation for the entire say 6 weeks until the November court hearing?

Personally, I hope that he will be :behindbars: by then!! Thanks Steely Dan for that image!

Yes. The therapist could also believe that the 6 year old experienced neglect because he witnessed domestic abuse/violence against his mother. Since the therapist is a mandatory reporter, the therapist would have to tell CPS. CPS will certainly tell the police.

Josh has lived in fear that this day would come for almost two years, I hope the boys get the best counselor WA State has to offer. Lord knows they have been through enough already.

Josh has lived in fear that this day would come for almost two years, I hope the boys get the best counselor WA State has to offer. Lord knows they have been through enough already.

Did you know that he asked the judge if he could have input on the counselor that is used? I hope that he doesn't have very much pull in this decision!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken