AL AL - Shanna McKee Peoples, 19, mentally challenged, Geneva, 8 Sept 2011

http://dothanfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=185577

It was an all out search for a missing Geneva girl Friday morning. Search teams combed through Geneva County looking for Shanna Peoples, a 19 year old girl who went missing a month ago.

The search continues Saturday with the hopes of bringing Shanna Peoples home and ending her parent's worst nightmare.

I have not heard anything about this poor girl until now. I am praying that she is found soon.

there's almost nothing in the media about her :(
I hope they find her soon...

This is very sad but, what's behind the "we're looking at Facebook" comment? Had she been chatting with someone online? Jeez, I hope not, these little girls don't realize how dangerous the internet can be....they should have the police or someone frequent the schools to give them talks about this kinda stuff....it may sound lame but if it saves just one girl, it'll be worth it!!! I'm praying for her and if I can do anything from here, let me know!

snippets from : http://dothanfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=185577

Klaas Kids Foundation was on hand ...

Brad Dennis is the national search director for the organization he said these searches can help find new evidence police can use in their investigation.

The search continues Saturday with the hopes of bringing Shanna Peoples home and ending her parent's worst nightmare.

I am so glad Klaas Kids is involved with helping find Shanna !

Praying she is found SOON !

FWIW, do we have a thread in the discussion/sleuthing area? If not, this is why this case has been overlooked.

You are correct -- I didn't see one in the "discussion" area either ... this thread is in the "missing information" section ...

I wonder if it one can be started or moved ?

Mods ? TY !

This is very sad but, what's behind the "we're looking at Facebook" comment? Had she been chatting with someone online? Jeez, I hope not, these little girls don't realize how dangerous the internet can be....they should have the police or someone frequent the schools to give them talks about this kinda stuff....it may sound lame but if it saves just one girl, it'll be worth it!!! I'm praying for her and if I can do anything from here, let me know!

BBM: I saw that "facebook" comment and I was wondering what that was all about because of what was stated on the "Missing Poster" :

According to the "Missing Poster" that is posted here, it states that Shanna is "mentally challenged" , has a "slight speech impediment" and needs "daily medication".

Now ... since the Poster stated she is 'mentally challenged' -- it would be helpful to know what Shanna's "limitations" are, as well as what her skills are i.e.: activities of daily living, etc. It would be helpful to know more info.

BBM : And as to Facebook, I totally agree ! These "social sites" can be so dangerous ... and I hope that Shanna was NOT on Facebook.

I just wish we had more information and details about this case ...

Moving thread to Discussion forum .......I will leave a redirect for a few days so the new thread is easier to find.

~Summer_Breeze

So was she walking on her way somewhere? Was she in front out her house, around the corner, across town? Did she have friends she hung out with? What activities or organizations was she involved with? Did she have a cell phone? A job? Who last saw her? What time did she disappear? The media reports treat this case like words cost a ton of money. Very little info.

She's a pretty girl. I hope she is found safe soon.

thank you summer_breeze! :blowkiss:

Hopefully Shana's thread will get much more attention here in the discussion forum.

Now for some catching up on her thread.

Only an hour & a half to the beach- Panama City Beach for example. Wonder if the beach held any special fascination for her, and she would have accepted a ride to ask to go there?
Not to sound rude but wish they would elaborate on her challenges...like is she very child like, paranoid, depressed, etc KWIM??

Is there an address she is missing from? What direction was she possibly walking ? Was she going somewhere specific, and was this a 'normal' behavior for her to be out walking. Did she have a cell phone with her?

Any locals to the area???

Hi everyone..I am going to try and answer some of your questions..I used to post a lot here,but after Breast Cancer with Chemo,I have had a hard time with grammar and punctuation..I have been cancer free for 2 years this month,so Doing very well!! Geneva is my home town..I still go there a couple of times each month..Have never heard of anything like this happening there..The only crime there is mostly drug related..We never locked our doors there,in fact when mother died,we couldn't even find any keys!!

Some one asked about her mental state..When I was up there last week,the cashier at the grocery store,said she came in there every day,she was very sweet,said she was 19,but had the mentality of a 14 year old..She was very worried about her being too trusting !!

So was she walking on her way somewhere? Was she in front out her house, around the corner, across town? Did she have friends she hung out with? What activities or organizations was she involved with? Did she have a cell phone? A job? Who last saw her? What time did she disappear? The media reports treat this case like words cost a ton of money. Very little info.

She's a pretty girl. I hope she is found safe soon.

She was walking from her friends house,back to her house..The distance would be less than a block..I believe this happened mid day !!The friend was the last person to see her..No she did not have a job..She did have a cell phone,but an older one..Cannot say for sure if she had it with her!!

Only an hour & a half to the beach- Panama City Beach for example. Wonder if the beach held any special fascination for her, and she would have accepted a ride to ask to go there?
Not to sound rude but wish they would elaborate on her challenges...like is she very child like, paranoid, depressed, etc KWIM??
Don't know about the beach..She was very child like..People say she just disappeared,they are worried someone did give her a ride..no one knows..

Is there an address she is missing from? What direction was she possibly walking ? Was she going somewhere specific, and was this a 'normal' behavior for her to be out walking. Did she have a cell phone with her?

Any locals to the area???

Yes it was normal for her to be out walking..They are searching around the rivers there..They are a couple of miles from her house!!

I too am shocked there is so little coverage..There is only 1 newspaper there..The Geneva Co. Reaper..It is a weekly publication that covers several small towns in the area..Cannot believe the Dothan stations,and newspapers have not been on top of this..They are only 34 miles from there!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back