AL AL - Nancy Lewis, 47, Birmingham, 18 May 2005

Poochie,

I want you to know that my thought and prayers are with you. I know the pain all too real that you are facing and the nightmare that you find yourself in while you are wide awake, my daughter and granddaughter, Jennifer and Adrianna Wix are missing from TN. I just want to say, stay on law enforcement! Let them know that you are there and are not going away until you have found your sister, this is very necessary. Also, keep her face in the public eye as much as you can, the more people you can reach, the more people know her face, will increase the chances of someone coming forward with information. It is important for you to know that your family is not alone, there are people who will help you all they can, I encourage you to reach out to these people, they are a great help and support. Is there a link to a picture of Nancy on the net? I will be glad to print and post some here in the Nashville area. My thoughts will be with you and my eyes open.

First let me say that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I pray that she will be found safe soon!!!

I am curious as to the article that said
she called her brother for help with a flat tire.

yet she had no flat tire.

also she was not where she said she
was going to be- was the truck discovered
very far from where she said she was???

I don't know how old this blip is...but found it while doing a search on new info for Nancy Lewis (not much on this case though)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Police named a new person of interest in the case of a missing woman Wednesday. Nancy Lewis disappeared while on her way to work at Children's Hospital. Birmingham police believe John Dubose, 37, might have information that could help locate Lewis. However, police said Dubose is not a suspect.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8236834/

The Associated Press
July 07. 2005

Gov. Bob Riley is offering a five-thousand dollar reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of a Birmingham woman.

47-year-old Nancy Lewis was last seen on May 18th on her way to Children's Hospital where she worked and never arrived. She reportedly left her home on Princeton Avenue, Southwest at about 3:45 that morning.

Police did find her blue pickup truck on May 22nd at a Pilot Travel Center.

Anyone with information concerning Lewis' disappearance is asked to call Detective Vincent Green at 205-933-4113.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...7/APN/507070805

fourboys said:
The Associated Press
July 07. 2005

Gov. Bob Riley is offering a five-thousand dollar reward for information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of a Birmingham woman.

47-year-old Nancy Lewis was last seen on May 18th on her way to Children's Hospital where she worked and never arrived. She reportedly left her home on Princeton Avenue, Southwest at about 3:45 that morning.

Police did find her blue pickup truck on May 22nd at a Pilot Travel Center.

Anyone with information concerning Lewis' disappearance is asked to call Detective Vincent Green at 205-933-4113.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...7/APN/507070805
Good!! Glad the gov of AL is doing something here. But I'm disappointed that there are no leads in this case yet...so sad

Greta actually interviewed family members in this case last night toward the end of the show, I can't figure out how to find the information on the Fox Site. I thought about this last night and figured I could post a transcript, if I didn't think I could I would have taken notes to share with everyone.

I have an AWFUL memory so trying to repeat things would not be a good thing, I'd probably have it all messed up!

One thing for sure I remember is the brother talking about the fact that she supposedly called someone for help w/flat tire, however, nothing was wrong with the truck when it was discovered. And her cell phone has not been recovered.

:blowkiss: thank you to everyone that has posted a message about my sister-in-law. i can't express how much it means to read them everyday. i feel as if we have so many more sets of eyes and ears helping with our search for nancy. i luv you all.

poochi...oh I am so glad to keep alert on this...I wish there was more I could do, I feel for you so much. You and your family are in my prayers :blowkiss:

Was this John Dubose ever located and questioned about Nancy's disappearance?

Calikid ,
yes dubose was questioned and released. his prints were found on the truck and he said he was driving , but that he got the truck from someone else that goes by the nickname of "BRO".The police let him go but they say they know where he is. We don't understand why they won't arrest him for something!
they are now looking at a guy name "terry shannon". he is in jail in anniston alabama.his prints also were on the truck.i don't understand how all these prints
can be on the truck , yet no one is being arrested.:confused:

poochie54 said:
Calikid ,
yes dubose was questioned and released. his prints were found on the truck and he said he was driving , but that he got the truck from someone else that goes by the nickname of "BRO".The police let him go but they say they know where he is. We don't understand why they won't arrest him for something!
they are now looking at a guy name "terry shannon". he is in jail in anniston alabama.his prints also were on the truck.i don't understand how all these prints
poochie...does Nancy or anyone in the family know these people? Is there any logical way there prints could be on the truck?

Here is a letter written to a Birmingham newspaper from a family member of Nancy's:

<H1 class=red>Letters, faxes, and e-mail

</H1>

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Need to find two women:

Nancy or Natalee? Who would you search for?

Two women, one about to start her adult life, the other in the middle of it.

One from a family of some means, the other a hard worker trying to make ends meet.

One is white and the other is black.

The only thing they have in common is they are both missing.

Nancy Lewis is my sister-in-law. She has been missing since May 18. Her family and friends have searched everywhere for her with no luck. We know there was foul play involved because Nancy would never lay off of work or not let anyone know where she is. She left for work that morning and never showed up. Her truck was found the following Sunday intact.

What has me so disturbed is the lack of media coverage that Nancy's case has gotten. I don't understand why all missing persons aren't treated equally.

I hope and pray Natalee is found safe and unharmed. I feel the pain her parents and friends are going through, because we as a family are feeling the same pain.

I would hope the media's failure to help us is not because of the color of her skin and lack of a bigger bank account. We want to see our Nancy's picture on the morning and evening news. How else is anyone going to call the police with any clues? The world knows about Natalee, and the world should know about Nancy.

Cora W. Lewis

poochie54 said:
Calikid ,
On Greta, her brother and sister said the police had returned the truck to the family.........I wonder if they have done a complete forensics testing - sure hope so!

In my opinion, no one should be upset that Natalee is getting so much attention - the problem is that other missing persons get little to none.

I know the familiy of Maura Murray worked very hard to get media attention and in many cases were told that the media would/could not do more because LE refused to comment or participate. I now find that strange because LE in Aruba does not comment or participate in press releases.

I think it all boils down to what the powers that be in the media decide will play out as news............

Yet, I also think every time I see the Natalee story on tv: How easy it would be to have a split screen with missing person photos and information being flashed every two minutes or so???

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Peabody said:
In my opinion, no one should be upset that Natalee is getting so much attention - the problem is that other missing persons get little to none.
Peabody...I don't think anyone IS getting so upset that Natalee is getting so much attention and are upset that others aren't. I just think it comes across that way because people are questioning "why does Natalee get all this news and Nancy doesn't?" I can understand Nancy's family being upset. Here you have two people gone missing from very close...one IN the state, one in foreign country. Now, if hope is alive that these persons are alive, who's going to benefit most from having their face on US media? Certainly not Natalee...the chance of anyone in the US seeing her on the street OR possibly having seen something that relates to her disappearance is slim to none, but if Nancy's face was on the news, the chances are MUCh higher that someone in the US would see her OR seen something that relates to her disappearance. Understand what I mean?

Bottom line is I pray for every missing person, whether the whole world has heard of them or only their families know.

poochie54 said:
:blowkiss: thank you to everyone that has posted a message about my sister-in-law. i can't express how much it means to read them everyday. i feel as if we have so many more sets of eyes and ears helping with our search for nancy. i luv you all.
Hi poochie54, I did not realize a family member of Nancy was on the board.
I have not been following this case (or any case very closely), I just happened to see this on Greta on Fox the other night and came in here to see what info was out here about Nancy.

I hope you know we all care and are only praying for a good outcome to this mystery. I am praying for you and your family.

Hugs,
Christine

lady-eowyn said:
Peabody...I don't think anyone IS getting so upset that Natalee is getting so much attention and are upset that others aren't. I just think it comes across that way because people are questioning "why does Natalee get all this news and Nancy doesn't?" I can understand Nancy's family being upset. Here you have two people gone missing from very close...one IN the state, one in foreign country. Now, if hope is alive that these persons are alive, who's going to benefit most from having their face on US media? Certainly not Natalee...the chance of anyone in the US seeing her on the street OR possibly having seen something that relates to her disappearance is slim to none, but if Nancy's face was on the news, the chances are MUCh higher that someone in the US would see her OR seen something that relates to her disappearance. Understand what I mean?

Bottom line is I pray for every missing person, whether the whole world has heard of them or only their families know.
Very well said, Lady.

lady-eowyn said:

Nancy certainly is not getting the attention that she deserves.

There is another lady that went missing after a St. Louis baseball game recently - sorry I don't recall her name and am running out the door for an appointment, so don't have time to look it up - she is also not getting any media attention..........so sad.

My earlier point is that we should be upset that the missing are not getting attention - we should not be upset that Natalee is getting so much.

..........and to quote you regarding anyone being *upset* - "I just think it comes across that way." Being actively involved in the search for Maura Murray, I can well understand the feelings of being upset.......they are real and most painful.

I don't want to be argumentative and I certainly did not mean for anyone to think I don't want Nancy to have all the attention that Natalee is receiving. IF I could have my way, Nancy would have the same attention......I am also concerned if LE are properly handling Nancy's case - thus my remark about hoping the forensics were properly completed before the truck was returned to her family.

I too pray for as many of the missing as I possibly can..........their numbers are way out of hand. We must do something and figure out a way to have more media attention for all of the missing in order to increase public awareness.

I know that until Maura went missing, I had no idea of the unbelieveable numbers of adults that simply vanish and only the family and loved ones seem to care.

With prayers for Nancy's safe return and comfort for her family.

Blessings to you lady-eowyn

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com

Peabody said:
Nancy certainly is not getting the attention that she deserves.

There is another lady that went missing after a St. Louis baseball game recently - sorry I don't recall her name and am running out the door for an appointment, so don't have time to look it up - she is also not getting any media attention..........so sad.

My earlier point is that we should be upset that the missing are not getting attention - we should not be upset that Natalee is getting so much.

..........and to quote you regarding anyone being *upset* - "I just think it comes across that way." Being actively involved in the search for Maura Murray, I can well understand the feelings of being upset.......they are real and most painful.

I don't want to be argumentative and I certainly did not mean for anyone to think I don't want Nancy to have all the attention that Natalee is receiving. IF I could have my way, Nancy would have the same attention......I am also concerned if LE are properly handling Nancy's case - thus my remark about hoping the forensics were properly completed before the truck was returned to her family.

I too pray for as many of the missing as I possibly can..........their numbers are way out of hand. We must do something and figure out a way to have more media attention for all of the missing in order to increase public awareness.

I know that until Maura went missing, I had no idea of the unbelieveable numbers of adults that simply vanish and only the family and loved ones seem to care.

With prayers for Nancy's safe return and comfort for her family.

Blessings to you lady-eowyn

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
And you too, very well stated. It is unbelievable how many people, adults and children alike that are missing and we never hear anything. I guess it's just too many stories to cover. I think someone should start a Missing People's network or something. Like CNN, you know, news all day, stories, pictures, etc to get the word out. That would be cool. Then people that are surfing will come across it and they may recognize someone and be able to help. I wonder why this hasn't been done with all the cable channels out there, there are so many channels and so many topics why not a missing channel? Just a thought. (After posting this, I started thinking, WHY NOT??? I'm going to do some research on this and see how something like this could be done....It will be a slow process, but I'll let ya'll know what I find out)

It is such a shame this lovely lady hasn't received media attention. I saw the interview on Greta, too. One of her brothers said that her co-worker had a cell phone conversation with Nancy the day she disappeared. Nancy said she was waiting on her brother to come change a flat tire. Neither of her brothers are aware of a flat tire nor had a conversation with her about changing it. (I don't have a link. I am just repeating the Greta interview.)

Prayers that Nancy will be found alive and well soon.

Peabody said:
Amen!! Yes...we agree on that...what I was trying to point out is that I don't think many of us ARE upset that Natalee is getting attention, it's just coming across that way because people say "well if Natalee gets this much attention then why can't everyone" I don't believe anyone begrudges the media attention Natalee is getting (although I do know some who are burned out on it)..so some assume they are upset about the attention Natalee is getting.

The bottom line is I think we all agree that everyone deserves for their missing family members to get their faces out in the media. I just wish the media was fair about who they decide to feature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back