2011.10.18 - Police searching 2 locations

In the quote above.. Officer Pimentel has the time wrong. It's been 28 months since Lindsey went missing. If he can't get that information right how are we to trust him on what he is saying about TH being a suspect or for what reasons he is being investigated? lol :waitasec:

There is more than just "over heard" conversations that this investigation is based on.

Now whether TH had anything to do with it or not.. only time will tell. Hopefully the truth comes out sooner rather than later.

The reporter may have misquoted him. 20th and 28th sound similar...

hard to believe there would be any evidence after all this time. This was a crime commited by a detailed and organized person.

Praying that something is/was found in these searches!

I really really hoped this would be the lead Lindsey needed.
I haven't given up yet, are we now able to sleuth this man since his name is listed in MSM, we do have several threads based on previous search warrants ?

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

Good question. I would think it would be ok.

I am remembering talk about a telephone pole along the way of Lindsey's walk but I can't remember what that was about. Also about a vehicle being pulled along the side of the road on the wrong side (heading in wrong direction) - but I need to refresh my mind about that. Wondering how close either of those are to the jewelry shop.

I find it interesting that the lights were turned off in the jewelry shop and THEN pictures were taken. This indicates to me that they were likely using luminol and that they saw something that they wanted to record.

Kimster, if too much speculative thinking, please feel free to delete. I just happened in here for the first time in months and this was the first thread I saw. Needless to say, my heart is thumping out of my chest in hopes that this leads to answers for Lindsay.

Sending out prayers that Lindsey is found very soon, and for peace for her poor family.

hard to believe there would be any evidence after all this time. This was a crime commited by a detailed and organized person.

BBM- Hartman certainly fits that profile, MOO.

Detectives from the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office along with agents from the FBI, officers from the Washington State Patrol, Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife and King County Sheriff's Office served search warrants at a jewelry store and the home of a man who lives in town.

Look at all the agencies involved. LE can't get warrants based on overheard conversations, rumor, innuendo or speculation. There's a very specific reason this man's business and home are being searched.

Please God, help them find Lindsey!!!!!

Look at all the agencies involved. LE can't get warrants based on overheard conversations, rumor, innuendo or speculation. There's a very specific reason this man's business and home are being searched.

I agree 100% with everything you say.

I would disagree that "speculation" could never be the basis for which a SW may be issued.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/10/19/1870535/mccleary-warrants-served-in-lindsey.html

The individual who owns Hartman’s Jewelry Repair and a residence northwest of town is “one of many persons of interest we’ve had contact with over the course of this investigation, which is now in its 20th [sic] month,” Pimentel added. The man is not considered a suspect in Lindsey’s disappearance, he added.

When LE is up against the wall, with only minimal evidence and eyewitness accounts of observation within an obviously limited physical potential crime scene route, along with (possibly inconsistent) responses from a POI that don't match up to being a valid alibi, I should think "speculation" might equate to an LE "educated guess" and become the basis for a SW to further the investigation.

The jewelry store is along the expected route LB would travel.

Eyewitnesses place LB within 10s of yards immediately before the jewelry store.

Surveillance recordings from the gas station do not reveal LB passing within the limited viewing angles of the cameras.

The jewelry store owner allegedly has provided changing stories regarding his whereabouts that evening.

Proof of nothing, yet LE had to make an "educated guess" (i.e.: "speculate" on possibilities) and submit for a SW.

Here's another example of an LE "educated guess" SW: http://www.kirotv.com/news/21186766/detail.html

The sheriff's office said it knows the search was hard on the family that lives in the home, but deputies said they are "doing everything in our power and our legal authority to find Lindsey Baum."

Eyewitnesses place a white vehicle in the vicinity that evening.

The vehicle owner misrepresented his whereabouts multiple times for that evening.

It was reported by a gf that the vehicle owner indicated a belief that LB had been "cut up".

What might be interpreted as incriminating behavior and commentary doesn't always result in finding a 'perp' .. but apparently it's enough for with which to obtain a SW.

ChuckMaureen, have you considered there is information that has not been released to the media and that you are privy too?

ChuckMaureen, have you considered there is information that has not been released to the media and that you are privy too?

I firmly believe this is the case. I think there was more than enough information for this search warrant, I'm just surprised it took this long for it to happen.

I don't believe in witch hunts and false information floating around or LE executing search warrants based on he said/she said or second hand info or rumors. I think they looked at it logically and then applied that logic. It just took a while.

I'm sorry for Hartman's friends and family who say he would never do such a thing ever.....I get that. But where have we heard this before?

Yes .. but I'll believe the value of the recent SWs if they result in an arrest.

Nothing yet?

Where are you little one?

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

I'd like to thank all the locals for posting, and keeping us up-to-date on all the happenings in McCleary.

I truly appreciate all your hard work...and you taking the time to keep us updated.

I picked up the search warrants for the Tim Hartman searches.

Only parts of them are public. The affidavits are sealed. I got a list of the items removed from his house, car and business.

Let me know if you guys want me to type them out and post them (I can't scan the copies because I found out today that my scanner isn't working :( )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back