FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #3

I watched the Vanished episode earlier today. My only question is that since Adji had trouble communicating, would he have been able to cry out if, for instance, he hid somewhere and got stuck and heard his name being called, or if someone snatched him? Could he have been within hearing distance all along but unable to communicate and let anyone know he was there?

I'm just finding it hard to believe he was taken without any of the other kids seeing or hearing anything. It sounds like he just wandered off and then either got lost or was taken.

This January on the anniversary of Adji disappearance I went to his last known home.
It is in the Farmers village and it is a what you might call gated community.
one way in and one way out his house was on the far right had side of this acre or so of land with house that all face the center of the village. the road has huge speed bumps that makes you drive less than 5 miles an hour.

And completely around the whole village is a fence that is approx 4 feet high with the other side being extremely dense brush and myself being 5 foot 7 could not climb over that fence to the other side no matter how much I tried.

Adji would of had to walk about 300-500 yards in front of at least 15-20 house when the sun was still up, and tons of children and adults outside. To be able to leave that community by himself.

I truly believe someone saw something !!! they had too!!!! :cry:

I also believe it is very likely it was someone who lived near where he lived in that community, they took him hid him in their house. then left the village with him when no one was awake or looking.

Thanks for your description of the village.
I agree with your insight that someone knew what happened.
Someone in the village.
It reminds me of the Sandra Cantu case. The sorry perp took her out in a suitcase and then reported it missing.

Missing Children's Day draws attention in SWFL

[snip]

More than two dozen cold cases are getting a little extra attention thanks to the 13th Annual Missing Children's Day.

Among the missing children in Florida is young Adji Desir. The flyer with his picture and information went out when he disappeared in 2009, but he's not included in the list of children and some adults being featured on billboards across the state.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2011-09-12/Missing-Childrens-Day-draws-attention-in-SWFL

Sadly Adji has not been found but the good news is that Adji is not being forgotten either. Just rec'd this Google alert re a news item with Adji noted in the article:

During the week, Price teaches students at Immokalee’s Village Oaks Elementary School about safety.

Two years ago, she worked there with the special needs class Adji Desir was in. She also was a NCMEC volunteer at the time.

The boy’s family didn’t have a photo of him when he went missing on Jan. 10, 2009, so a teacher had to provide one to law enforcement. It reaffirmed Price’s interest in providing ID cards for every child in the county. Adji remains missing, and students at the school still ask about him, she said.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2011/oct/11/id-cards-provide-safety-net-kids/

I know this might be a long shot but you never know....

These people would have gone unnoticed in the Farmer village that Adji was from...

And seeing how they preyed on vulnerable people.... :cry:
_____

The woman accused of keeping four handicapped adults chained in a Philadelphia basement and stealing their Social Security checks may have done the same thing to victims in Florida, Virginia and Texas, Philadelphia police said today.

Lt. Roy Evers says a search of suspect Linda Ann Weston's personal belongings turned up documents belonging to 50 persons.

The documents included drivers licenses, Social Security cards and even power of attorney forms filled out to allow Weston access to the victims' money.

It possible that Weston has been involved in similar activity dating back to the late 1990s, he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/basement-dungeon-ring-leader-linked-50-people-states/story?id=14753375

Weston and Wright lived in a rented home in northern West Palm Beach for most of the last year. Now authorities in several states are trying to determine their paths and who was with them as they moved through Texas, Florida, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Weston's neighbors in West Palm Beach reported she and Wright lived at a home at 52nd Street and Manning Avenue most of the last year with a number of children.

More children connected to Weston were discovered Tuesday night. Philadelphia police located six more juveniles and four adults, at another location and possibly with ties to Weston, Thomas and Wright, Russell said

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/police-west-palm-beach-teen-not-involved-in-1923047.html

Bumping for another month with no new news.
Prayers for you this Thanksgiving.

Very soon, Adji's threads will be moved to the Missing But Not Forgotten forum. Don't lose him! (A redirect will be left for a while, but after that, he can be found in that forum.)

Breaks my heart to move him there. :(

Almost 3 years missing. Come home soon, Adji.

Oh, poor little guy. I was just talking about him yesterday. So vulnerable being intellectually challenged and non-verbal on top of being a child. The thought of him being harmed is almost more than I can bear. I don't understand how he could disappear without a trace. Three years later, and nothing.

Thinking of you, dear Adji, this Christmas. God bless you.

I think of Adji all the time. His sweet, innocent little face.....and then his Grandmother's face full of pain, with tears running down her cheeks.....those images haunt me sometimes.

Adji has a loving, hard working family, and he lived in a close-knit community where everyone knew him. People were out and about that afternoon, and yet he hasn't been found. I keep hoping one of the children will think of something as they grow older that they didn't know was important 3 years ago.

Adji....we have not forgotten you little man. We'd love to bring you home but we can't find you. I wish you could tell us where you are.

I have not forgotten you, Adji. Please come home for the holidays.

Adji, you are not forgotten. Wishing you were home with loved ones for teh Holidays.

Adji,

I think of you often and wonder "why no updates and who is looking for you?" Praying for a Christmas miracle that you and all the lost ones are found and come home.

Merry Christmas, sweet boy. You are very much loved.

I wish there were some new clues that we could use to bring Adji home in time for Christmas.

The Collier County Sheriff's Office has released an age-progressed photo of Adji Desir, who has been missing since January 10, 2009. (snip)

16487896_BG1.jpg

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16487896/2012/01/10/ageprogressedphoto-adji-desir-collier

The Collier County Sheriff's Office has released an age-progressed photo of Adji Desir, who has been missing since January 10, 2009. (snip)

16487896_BG1.jpg

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16487896/2012/01/10/ageprogressedphoto-adji-desir-collier

I think of Adji all the time .He reminds me so much of my youngest son,who has the same challenges .
I'd like to replace every mention of Casey Anthony in the media with attention to Adji and all the precious missing children. We live in a crazy world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back