LE wants to interview the parents separately

Unreasonable to exercise your right to an attorney, guaranteed in the constitution? I wouldn't call insisting on my miranda rights unreasonable.

And I hate to be a flag draper, but people have died for that right.

Show me a link stating LE wants to question them without an attorney present.

I think prosecutors are now calling the shots on this case. If they think it will be helpful to their case they'll do it. Lies can be used against the defense.

JMO

So asking new questions could help in this case?

and IMHO 17 hours is NOTHING, we are talking a missing child here, not a lawnmower.

ITA: Well there are 24 hours in a day and Lisa has been reported missing for 518 hours plus or minus the time between being put to bed and 4:00 AM. So it could now be as many as 530 hours gone.

17 of 530 is about 3% of that time frame.

They did the first news conference/plea, sat with MK for 2 hours, People magazine at least 1 hour, JJP for at least 1 hour, the 2nd news conference and gave the first walk through. They haven't gone directly to their neighbors, so it seems, to inquire if they noticed anything different. So to be fair they have spent about 10 hours, with prep time included, on talking to the media...mostly about defending themselves. Yeah, it seems like a few intensive hours with investigators to go through the fine details of the days and weeks leading up to Lisa's disappearance seems reasonable.

bbm - We do not KNOW if DB or JI lied to LE. No one does. LE has not said.

All we know is that they have made some changes in what they either SAID to media, or how the media interpreted what they said. For instance, no one can provide a link to DB saying that she checked on Lisa at 10:30. All I could find was where she responded "yeah" to a question that may or may not have been interpreted as she last saw the baby at 10:30.

If anyone has a link, I would like to see/hear it. But even if there is such a link, somewhere, it still doesn't prove whether she told LE the truth or not.
This is exactly why I stand up here on the fence. I dont trust anything that has come from the media AT ALL. It has been proven time and time again in this case alone how they 'manipulate' their interviews.

Unreasonable to exercise your right to an attorney, guaranteed in the constitution? I wouldn't call insisting on my miranda rights unreasonable.

They cooperated and then stopped cooperating. That can be used against them at trial.

JMO

Maybe I have missed this, do you have a link that states the police are refusing to speak to the parents if their attorney is present?

Thanks

I'm all for LE interviewing each of them separately...JMHO

ETA..BUT at the same time.. JI in one room.. DB in another room..

Show me a link stating LE wants to question them without an attorney present.

When you said unreasonable demandS, I assumed you were talking about

1. Their desire for a different set of detectives

and (the topic we have been discussing on this page):

2. The right to an attorney present.

Besides the first demand, what other demand do you speculate they're asking for?

So asking new questions could help in this case?

It could if LE already knows the answer and video tape the questioning to show a jury. LE knows the evidence. The attorneys for DB and JI do not.

JMO

I must be mistaken but I thought Miranda Rights was only upon arrest.

In my opinion!! If your child is missing and you have done nothing to help other than sit on your hands, and you have not talked to LE in nearly 3 weeks and need an attorney present for questioning.... then you're responsible for the child missing!!! Pretty black and white to me. Don't bother me with anymore of your constitutional right crap either, no one is listening. This case is common sense... too many people over analyzing this. IMO!:furious:

The case may be common sense and black and white, but you still need to prove it in court before you can bring anybody to justice. Getting furious with me, or with the general reality that the founding fathers of your country saw fit to give people "constitutional rights crap", is not going to help that end. MOO.

Questioning of these parents without their attorney now would be pointless and LE knows this. They have to build a case that will stand up in a court of law. EVERYONE has the right to have an attorney present when questions. It is Miranda Law. Once they say stop I want my attorney.... everything stops.... if it doesn't they have wasted all of their time and energy. CASE OVER before it even begins. So, IMO this part of the conversation is silly. This cannot be what LE is talking about when they say "unrestricted".

No, they only have to advise you of your rights when they arrest you. Those rights exist whether or not you have been arrested and formally advised of them - you always have the right not to say anything, and to demand an attorney be present when you're interviewed.

Questioning of these parents without their attorney now would be pointless and LE knows this. They have to build a case that will stand up in a court of law. EVERYONE has the right to have an attorney present when questions. It is Miranda Law. Once they say stop I want my attorney.... everything stops.... if it doesn't they have wasted all of their time and energy. CASE OVER before it even begins. So, IMO this part of the conversation is silly. This cannot be what LE is talking about when they say "unrestricted".

Well, I think it is. I just think that. Maybe I'm way way off base.

Why, I wonder, don't they SAY what they mean, instead of continuing over weeks time of using the term "unrestricted"?

Well, I think it is. I just think that. Maybe I'm way way off base.

Why, I wonder, don't they SAY what they mean, instead of continuing over weeks time of using the term "unrestricted"?

I'm with you on this one. Unrestricted certainly implies that no lawyer would be present since the FIRST thing a lawyer will do is set up restrictions.

Not necessarily under arrest, but in police custody, or custodial interrogation.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_warning"]Miranda warning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

When you said unreasonable demandS, I assumed you were talking about

1. Their desire for a different set of detectives

and (the topic we have been discussing on this page):

2. The right to an attorney present.

Besides the first demand, what other demand do you speculate they're asking for?

You are the one stating, repeatedly, LE wants to interview them without an attorney.

Originally Posted by JeannaT

~snip~

Could you please provide a link for this? tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard