NE NE - Vanderlei, Jaqueline, Chris (fnd dec'd) Szczepanik, 7, Omaha, 14 Dec 2009

Slain boy's body found in river

Members of a Yutan, Neb., dive team -- working under the guidance of Omaha police detectives -- found the boy's body Thursday afternoon. DNA tests Monday afternoon confirmed the remains were little Christopher's, Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111018/NEWS01/111019731/1004

Glad Christopher can finally be laid to rest properly. Prayers his mom and dad are recovered and can be laid to rest properly as well.

Sleep peacefully Christopher.

I just saw the headlines that little Christopher's body had been found and came here to see if it had already been posted.
I am praying that the location of his body will lead the LE to the bodies of his parents.

thanks for the update on this case, albeit a very very sad one.

What horrible people these murders are!

I do find it quite amazing that after the severe Missouri River flooding Christopher's remains were found.

It does give hope in so many other cases.

Prayers to the family and friends.

Lawyer tries to shift blame in Brazilians' slayings

Asked how he pleaded in the murders of a family of Brazilian missionaries, alleged ringleader Jose "Carlos" Oliveira-Coutinho stood silent Thursday.

His attorney was anything but.

Horacio Wheelock came out firing in a pretrial hearing Thursday, alleging that Oliveira's one-time friend and the state's star witness — Valdeir Goncalves-Santos — was the real ringleader, the coldblooded killer who bludgeoned Vanderlei Szczepanik to death, then hanged Szczepanik's wife, Jaqueline, and 7-year-old son, Christopher, before dumping them in the Missouri River.

So set up the finger-pointing that is expected to take place this fall, when prosecutors seek the death penalty against Oliveira in his trial.

More: http://www.omaha.com/article/20120106/NEWS97/701069915

A trial is currently in process - I recently became aware that close family friends of mine were friends with this family when they were living in Nebraska. The husband testified this week regarding the last time he remembers seeing this family. It has been a difficult week for them and for family members as well. I am horrified by the circumstances surrounding this case - the evil, the greed, and complete disregard for life is despicable. Justice must be served......Shalom, Sharai

RIP to this family. This case has stuck with me. I use it often as an example in the missing McStay family case. I think I will go post it again over there.

Thanks for the heads up on the trial. Sorry your friends are having to relive this nightmare.

This horrendous travesty unfolded in the lives of a longtime friend whose family became acquainted with the Szczepaniks while living in Nebraska. I recall reading Facebook posts a few years ago of her prayer request and concern regarding the sudden disappearance of their friends, a missionary family. Scanning the fb post rather than thoroughly reading it caused me to assume their dissappeance occured in Brazil rather than Nebraska. I prayed for them but didn't inquire further.

Recent facebook posts regarding the trial and her husband's testimony has led me to Websleuths (I'm a WS member but life hasn't allowed me to post much since the big "c" case). In the last two days I've searched the internet extensively regarding this case and logged onto the Omaha World-Herald so many times I've used up my 30 days of free requests (didn't know it was limited). The details of this case sicken me. The vicious and senseless murder of Vanderlei, Jaqueline and 7-year-old Christopher for what amounts to $1000 ($4000 split 3 ways) is incomprehensible. I pray for these men to be brought to justice, swiftly and surely. My heart aches for Vanderlei, Jaqueline, and Christopher's family and friends and I ask God to comfort their hearts and minds.

Please keep me posted of any information you may have regarding this case and please pray for all involved. Thank you.

Shalom, Sharai:websleuther:

Brazilian man seeks to avoid Neb.'s death penalty

A man convicted of killing a husband and wife and their 7-year-old son is taking legal action to try to avoid being sentenced to death.

Attorneys for Jose Oliveira-Coutinho, 38, filed a motion Monday asking a Douglas County District Court judge to find Nebraska's death penalty law unconstitutional.

Oliveira-Coutinho was one of three Brazilian men charged with killing Vanderlei Szczepanik, his wife, Jacqueline, and their son, Christopher. Oliveira-Coutinho was convicted last year of three counts of first-degree murder and one count of theft. The jury in his case found aggravating circumstances in his case, making him eligible for the death penalty.

A three-judge panel will meet April 11 to decide whether Oliveira-Coutinho should be sentenced to death or life in prison.

http://www.necn.com/02/06/13/Brazil...n.html?&apID=771e9d8a4e58457f9fb47cd1b351b6af

I hope that these links will work.

Life sentence for killer of Brazilian family

Omaha World-Herald-by Kent Sievers-Aug 26, 2013
The Szczepanik's daughter Tatiane Kleine had writtten the judges – saying she did not want Oliveira to receive the death penalty because she ...
</H3>

Daughter gets her request for justice: Life for her family's killer

Omaha World-Herald-Aug 27, 2013
One of the killers, Valdeir Goncalves-Santos, testified that Oliveira-Coutinho ordered Jaqueline Szczepanik and 7-year-old Christopher bound ...
</H3>

Man guilty of killing Omaha family avoids execution

Lincoln Journal Star-Aug 26, 2013
Jose Oliveira-Coutinho, 38, was one of three Brazilian men charged with killing Vanderlei Szczepanik, his wife, Jacqueline; and their son, ...
</H3>

Brazilian man convicted of killing US family avoids execution ...

Vancouver Sun-Aug 26, 2013
Oliveira-Coutinho was one of three Brazilian men charged with killing Vanderlei Szczepanik, his wife, Jacqueline, and their son, Christopher.
</H3>

Man guilty of killing Neb. family plans to appeal

KCAU-Aug 27, 2013
Oliveira-Coutinho was 1 of 3 Brazilian men charged with killing Vanderlei Szczepanik, his wife, Jacqueline, and their son, Christopher.
</H3>

Judges Decide Against Death Penalty For Convicted Killer

WOWT-Aug 26, 2013
One of the three Brazilian men convicted in the murders of Vanderlei Szczepanik, his wife, Jacqueline, and their son, Christopher, will spend ...
</H3>

Not all delays in charges or trials are for some nefarious reason. Sometimes it is a strategy, sometimes LE has much more info than the public knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back