Mother of one of Lisa Irwin’s half brothers speaks out

Where does this article say she's not from the US?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

Neither the article or the video says anything about the mom not being from the U.S. that I can see.

O/T - Did you guys catch the article in which the parents are now declining to be interviewed? Just friggen great. Prediction - they will pull the plug on the boys being interviewed on Friday. Just sad.
From the same article

The couple's attorney disputed the police account and said Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, parents of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, are not opposed to separate interviews. But they will not do what police requested, an unrestricted interview with no attorneys present, the attorney said.

Unless you know the circumstances, you can't judge. My husband as a son 2000 miles away that he hasn't seen in 13 yrs. He and the boy's mom were not married, there is no divorce. We've tried to stay in touch but she hangs up the phone when we call, we send presents at xmas and birthdays, but don't know if she just throws them out or if she changes the tags on them. We've written letters with no response. She moves without telling us. We usually find out new addresses when she files to increase child support and the courts inform us of her new address. We've checked with lawyers and they all tell us we'd have to have a lawyer in her state to fight it, which we can't afford. My husband is heartbroken over not being able to see his son. We can only hope one day that his son seeks us out.

My niece went through this. She was a SAHM with 2 boys. She has substance abuse problems. She left her husband for another guy and was in an accident that broke her back. She never made it to court and the judge ruled in the husbands favor. She never had the means to fight it and her ex wouldn't allow her to ever see the kids again. He remarried and has the kids still. Now she is still in bad shape so certainly not capable of raising her kids however she did not lose custody because of her issues as it was never even brought up. She simply lost due to abandonment.

I think now I may understand JIs comment about someone cheating on their hus-- I think he may have been referring to her as a possible abductor.

Ever think perhaps JI kicked this woman to the curb when he met DB?
She appears to be from another country. I'm thinking she may not speak or understand English as well as some who may have been born and raised in the United States of America...JMHO

Or he may have been ruthless because that's what he is. The speculation can swing both ways. A woman who has little education, no job or means of support such as DB is perfect prey for an abuser. Refusing to allow DB to be interviewed alone and not allowing the interviews of the boys are HUGE red flags.

JMO

How do we know JI would not allow DB to be interviewed alone? I thought they were both interviewed separately in the beginning. If the info comes from NG, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

How do we know this woman isn't from the US? We have people of all skin colors and name ethnicities and speaking accents here. Not to mention the sad (sad as in our own schools should be teaching second languages too!) fact that there are plenty of people in Europe and Asia who learn English as a second language early on in their schools and can often speak English better than native born Americans!

Whatevs, I think this has little to do with baby Lisa anyway. This woman is obviously knowledgable enough that she has a lawyer, and can handle questions from a reporter. If she wants visitation with her son, I'm sure she has been informed what she needs to do, now whether she can afford to or not is a different story. But either way, I don't see how it's pertinent to baby Lisa, except that some will use it as proof that dad is either a jerk that won't let his ex see her child, or that dad is a saint saving his son from an unfit mother. Both are pure speculation only, given how little information we have. :twocents:

I agree, with AbbyNormal. Not all mom's are good.
Perhaps she's just putting on a good show right now.

The fact that there's no visitation means either:
1. She doesn't want anything to do with her child (but wants you to think otherwise -- she simply chooses not to see him) -- Bad mom
2. She's not a good mom and there's reason for no visitation -- Bad mom
3. BioDad made up some bad charges against her, because he's a really bad guy...which isn't good, either, and brings up it's own questions. -- Bad dad

I agree. Nowhere does it mention she doesn't live in the US? After listening to the reporter in the video, she said the custody issue was 3 years ago. JI & DB have been together 2 years? If that's the case, whatever relationship problems JI had with his former partner was well over a year before DB moved in with him.

The bio mom of JI's son has nothing to do with Lisa, imo.

How do we know this woman isn't from the US? We have people of all skin colors and name ethnicities and speaking accents here. Not to mention the sad (sad as in our own schools should be teaching second languages too!) fact that there are plenty of people in Europe and Asia who learn English as a second language early on in their schools and can often speak English better than native born Americans!

Whatevs, I think this has little to do with baby Lisa anyway. This woman is obviously knowledgable enough that she has a lawyer, and can handle questions from a reporter. If she wants visitation with her son, I'm sure she has been informed what she needs to do, now whether she can afford to or not is a different story. But either way, I don't see how it's pertinent to baby Lisa, except that some will use it as proof that dad is either a jerk that won't let his ex see her child, or that dad is a saint saving his son from an unfit mother. Both are pure speculation only, given how little information we have. :twocents:

In reference to myself I don't IF JI is a jerk or not, but I feel for certain he isn't a saint...JMHO.

I hope she gets full custody. I see love in her eyes and I trust her a lot more than in the Irwin home. MOO.

Why would you hope that? We know absolutely nothing about her, for all we know she could have been a horribly neglectful mother, she could have been abusive, she could have been an addict; we just don't know exactly what the circumstances were. As grandparents, my DH and I fought with everything we had to gain custody of our grandchildren after our son was killed in an accident. Their mother was a severe addict, she was homeless and living from pillar to post, at one time in a travel trailer with no heat , water, or electricity in below zero conditions in the dead of winter. She blew through over 100,000.00 in life insurance in less than 6 mo. didn't buy a home or vehicle and put nothing away for the children's future...she put it all up her nose or in her arm. The children were exposed to dozens of men in her life, dozens of addicts in her life and they missed so much school that they all had to be retained. They had over 2 dozen addresses in less than a year and attended 5 different schools. Needless to say the children were in a very bad situation...but it wasn't bad enough for a judge to award us custody. I can tell you from experience that children are not easily removed from their mothers! I'll reserve judgement of Jeremy until we hear his side of the story.
BTW mom has now gone through rehab and is finally providing a decent home for her children, we have gone above and beyond to help her for the sake of our grandchildren.

Before we throw that "ruthless" comment around too much more, let's all remember that that was Peter Alexander that used that particular word, and therefore, we have no way of knowing if it was a direct quote from the ex's family, or if it was a paraphrase by a reporter.
JMO.

As to why RR has not seen her son in so long, let me remind you that most of us here know our rights. Many people don't, and it is rare for a judge to take the extra time to fully explain what his ruling means and any recourse available. As for the attorney, do we know how long she has had this attorney? Possibly her family retained him for her, as they were afraid of something even worse happening to her through the system if she was forced to have contact with JI through the courts again.

The only observation I can make at this point is that we don't have enough factual information to make any judgements yet-But just enough to makr this case curiouser and curiouser every single day!!:banghead:

In reference to myself I don't IF JI is a jerk or not, but I feel for certain he isn't a saint...JMHO.

We all have faults. I haven't met a saint yet. lol

There is nothing that I could find that he's a bad dad, substance abuser, child abuser. Everything reported on MSM was quite the opposite. He own a house at age 18, he raised a son on his own for at least a year (before he met DB), he has a good job, no friends or coworkers, employers or even ex friends who have come forward to say he is a terrible guy. No checkered past that we're aware of. No criminal records that we're aware of.

So,,,,,,,,,,imo, he's not a saint but there is no indication that he qualifies for worst daddy of the year award either.

Or he may have been ruthless because that's what he is. The speculation can swing both ways. A woman who has little education, no job or means of support such as DB is perfect prey for an abuser. Refusing to allow DB to be interviewed alone and not allowing the interviews of the boys are HUGE red flags.

JMO

DB was interviewed alone within hours of Lisa going missing. They were seperated for at least those few hours of interviewing.

Not to mention, what makes JI so supposedly god-like that he can control who LE interviews and the circumstances of that interview? In some things, he just has no say.

Before we throw that "ruthless" comment around too much more, let's all remember that that was Peter Alexander that used that particular word, and therefore, we have no way of knowing if it was a direct quote from the ex's family, or if it was a paraphrase by a reporter.
JMO.

As to why RR has not seen her son in so long, let me remind you that most of us here know our rights. Many people don't, and it is rare for a judge to take the extra time to fully explain what his ruling means and any recourse available. As for the attorney, do we know how long she has had this attorney? Possibly her family retained him for her, as they were afraid of something even worse happening to her through the system if she was forced to have contact with JI through the courts again.
I posted this previously as well.

She's had the same attorney all along. Both those previous hearings with JI, and quoted in this article. I would HOPE the attorney has explained her rights.

Could be a problem bc her attorney is a defense attorney and not a family law attorney. This attorney claims on her site that she only helps with uncontested divorces, but who knows how that relates to contested custody. I do not know how or why she came to have this attorney- but she has had the same one for some time now.

Just fwiw.

Debbies ex has not seen his son in 2 years. Jeremys ex hasnt seen her son in 2 years. I suppose This all started happening when debbie and jeremy hooked up. Hmm! moo. :waitasec:

I recall one of the local media stations early on stating she couldnt be reached because she wasnt in the country. Cant find it for the life of me, but I recall this statement.

If in fact that is the case, you see a lot of child custody issues where one parent fears the other will leave the country with the child. You also hear about parents fleeing with their children to Mexico.

I'm not saying this is one of those cases, just speculating.

I find it odd that both DB and JI have custody AND the other parents havent seen their children in a good amount of time.

This doesnt make them heroes, in fact if you look at what DB is stating her condition was the night she put Lisa to bed, you've got to question this. It's not about being a parent and having a couple of drinks. When you can't recall events or time frames, I find it alarming! Being that careless as a parent is no different than going to a bar and finding someone who is drunk to come home and watch your kids. Even if her intent was to wait to get the kids down then consume, what if the house would have caught on fire? In her incoherent state of mind, do you think she would have been capable enough to rush into her child's bedroom to get out of the house? Sure, the boys were in there with her. Once again, only speculating because there was no fire, and we don't really know what DB's condition was that night. We only know what she's told us on camera.

I'm certain in due time, we will learn more about the custody issues, and other friends or family may even come out of corner and state their opinions and facts we really don't know.

Debbies ex has not seen his son in 2 years. Jeremys ex hasnt seen her son in 2 years. I suppose This all started happening when debbie and jeremy hooked up. Hmm! moo. :waitasec:

I heard 2 years about SB, and "years" about RR- do you have a link stating that it was precisely 2 years?

IIRC, he's had full custody for 3 years, and DB has lived there for 2. Who knows, anything is possible.

I think, (heavy emphasis on think) that the one that couldn't be reached for comment for DB's husband, because he was deployed out of the country. Take that for what it's worth, as it's just memory, no link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back