‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I miss Debbie. She was a good mother … There’s just no way she could have done this, and she’s just not smart enough — not that she’s dumb — but she couldn’t cover up something like this so well.”

This has been my opinion all along-- DB isn't smart enough to cover up something like this for such a long period of time.

bbm

DB is being blamed for this article? :floorlaugh:

Well, I think Debbi is responsible for this article as it was created by her family members, who would have authorized it with Debbi and her team. I'm not saying that's good or bad, and nobody said Debbi is to "blame" for the article, but certainly Debbi is involved in this attempt to portray her in a certain light. Cyndi Short was let go for issuing press releases without getting authorization from the parents, according to the parents themselves, so logically this is an effort by the parents, their family, and their defense attorney/advocate. JMO.

“Most of my family says, ‘Trust nobody.’ But it’s making things get even worse, I think,” Netz says. So he and a couple other members of the extended family are speaking out, helping The Kansas City Star pull together some of the threads of Deborah Lee Netz Bradley’s life of 25 years.Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...lain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook#ixzz1cvyKzEGV

bbm

DB is being blamed for this article? :floorlaugh:

Yes. Because I guess there's some danger that it might inspire the public to look at her very realistically, and fairly, and not condemn her.

That girl can NOT catch a break. : (

“I miss Debbie. She was a good mother … There’s just no way she could have done this, and she’s just not smart enough — not that she’s dumb — but she couldn’t cover up something like this so well.”

This has been my opinion all along-- DB isn't smart enough to cover up something like this for such a long period of time.

I know a few good liars and manipulators that I would never characterize as "smart".

Well, I think Debbi is responsible for this article as it was created by her family members, who would have authorized it with Debbi and her team. I'm not saying that's good or bad, and nobody said Debbi is to "blame" for the article, but certainly Debbi is involved in this attempt to portray her in a certain light. Cyndi Short was let go for issuing press releases without getting authorization from the parents, according to the parents themselves, so logically this is an effort by the parents, their family, and their defense attorney/advocate. JMO.

“Most of my family says, ‘Trust nobody.’ But it’s making things get even worse, I think,” Netz says. So he and a couple other members of the extended family are speaking out, helping The Kansas City Star pull together some of the threads of Deborah Lee Netz Bradley’s life of 25 years.Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...lain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook#ixzz1cvyKzEGV

The "light" she's being portrayed in, here, is the strong bright light of truth. It's totally fair. Both sides. Her chivalette uncle, can't remember how to spell it, her mother in law who saw her strengths and weaknesses, her loving father who couldn't get along with her in her teen years. They are fair, and truthful. I can't believe anyone would think this was a slanted story, intended to gin up support while hiding the reality of her personality.

it just doesn't paint her as the wicked witch of the west, because that's not the reality.

So if this article causes the public to change, and to see her as she really is, and not how they have wrongly come to believe that she is, all the better. For everyone.

The truth is always better than being misinformed. Although I do understand that it's jarring for some, who don't see her the way people who know her very well see her and so have come to be certain of her guilt, although they aren't familiar with her at all.

And it does shed an odd light on the woman who painted her as a buxom siren trying to seduce her husband. Turns out no, she's always kind of looked like she does now.

IMHO as always.

it feels to me that this article is an attempt to give DB sympathy incase she is arrested and then the cry will be that she shouldn't be held accountable because of a, b, or c.

until LE talks I will not assume that DB is being honest or dishonest, she's merely trying to paint a picture of herself and using family to do it so she can appear to be this sad pitiful pperson who should be pitied not held accountable if she did something. But the only real facts remain: Lisa is missing, the stories told make no sense, and children do not just disappear like Lisa did.

Honestly, not everything you see in the media has an ulterior motive. I seriously doubt the author of the article cares if DB has sympathy in case she is arrested. It's a genuinely interesting look into the life of someone we're all peering at and speculating about.

Many people can be 'street smart' and know about sneaking around with the wrong crowd, have people that can help them, so IMO DM is 'street smart" at a young age.

Spin, with a dash of omg look at me I know her thrown in. Color me not impressed. The only thing that stood out to me is how in Hades do you compare a dog bite to a missing kid? And if THAT mentality runs through the whole family OY! No wonder Le is having fits with this bunch.

I think DB is as shocked as anyone that Lisa hasnt been found and she arrested. She knows where she is, just like casey anthony did. I always thought that when casey went to tonys for the night, she was just waiting for the police to show up. When that didnt happen, she began to get confident and cocky again.

Same thing here, DB is IMO amazed shes still a free woman. She knows she got lucky lucky so far, but it will end. LE will find that poor baby. Hopefully sooner than later. ACTUALY, it will probably be the neighbors who find her. I hope they are looking every day before it gets too cold. MOO, always.

Well now that you say that, it is like that! They don't want to cast a dark shadow over her while saying that we are being hard on the girl. It is suppose to make the people that think she is guilty feel guilty because she had such a bad start in life.

Is that the way we are suppose to respond? If it is then I am not playing! I for one will not be made to feel bad about the way I feel about a situation, or person. Period!

If it does come out that LE did not call her Trailer Trash, I will at least know that is what she thinks of herself. jmo

Well no... journalists have to be careful about the way they word things, that's the point I was trying to make. I don't know why the journalist has to be careful in this instance...

Spin, with a dash of omg look at me I know her thrown in. Color me not impressed. The only thing that stood out to me is how in Hades do you compare a dog bite to a missing kid? And if THAT mentality runs through the whole family OY! No wonder Le is having fits with this bunch.

No one's comparing a dog bite with a missing kid. He's comparing how she reacted to a child injured by a dog bite with a child injured by . . . too much cough medicine, being rolled over on, some other injury to Lisa caused by Debbie. He's directly addressing there, those who think Debbie harmed Lisa and immediately went into CMA mode instead of freaking out and seeking immediate help.

He makes many references to how hurtful accusers on the internet forums, (I was bracing for him to mention forums by name, TG he didn't) and that's who he's addressing here and trying to point out a facet of Debbie's personality. He's not addressing those who believe she found her daughter to be missing.

I find it interesting that Debbie and her son haven't stayed in touch with Hazel. It seems like they were close.

no. I'm answering you so I don't get misread and laughed at for having my own mind and opinions. The "LE picked on meeee and were mean to me" story came from only one source: DB. In order for anyone else to be able to recite it, they had to have gotten it from DB since LE is busy with the case and not with the media.
I am hesistant to accept anything from DB as gospel and am merely pointing out that DB is the origin of that story. And she is also the origin of many other stories in this case and sadly none of those stories appear to be helping Lisa, but they do paint DB in a much more attractive light.

I'm glad LE is focusing on Lisa, I hope they can find her and give her justice if it is necessary.

LE stopped searching for Lisa 2 weeks ago. Volunteers are now looking for her.

Last Police Search More Than 2 Weeks Ago

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29693040/detail.html

I do not doubt for one minute that's what LE told her during interrogation.

No one's comparing a dog bite with a missing kid. He's comparing how she reacted to a child injured by a dog bite with a child injured by . . . too much cough medicine, being rolled over on, some other injury to Lisa caused by Debbie. He's directly addressing there, those who think Debbie harmed Lisa and immediately went into CMA mode instead of freaking out and seeking immediate help.

He makes many references to how hurtful accusers on the internet forums, (I was bracing for him to mention them by name, TG he didn't) and that's who he's addressing here and trying to point out a facet of Debbie's personality. He's not addressing those who believe she found her daughter to be missing.

Those are not comparable stories. The child bitten by a dog was still alive. So what exactly was she going to do in that case? It makes no sense to compare a dog bite story to the alleged scenario with baby Lisa.

I can see that DB wouldn't cover up a true accidental death and this dog bite story fits what any mother would do in that situation. If Lisa's 'disappearance' has anything to do with DB, I doubt it because of an accident. I would think it has to do with an act of anger. If Lisa was sick and DB wanted her adult time even with three other children in her home and her husband away for the night, maybe she wanted to made sure she got that time. Frustration with being responsible for the kids. My man is a musician and he needs to work nights often. I don't see that evening as being possible at all for any adult time and I only have one child. I would have to be alert and entertaining my child constantly. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed on these nights. It seems to me that DB was looking forward to this night based on the video of her at the grocery store. JMOO

He makes many references to how hurtful accusers on the internet forums, (I was bracing for him to mention forums by name, TG he didn't) and that's who he's addressing here and trying to point out a facet of Debbie's personality. He's not addressing those who believe she found her daughter to be missing.

I don't see the comparison. Unless of course, DB was drunk and attending an illegal dogfight when this child got bit.

He makes many references to how hurtful accusers on the internet forums, (I was bracing for him to mention them by name, TG he didn't) and that's who he's addressing here and trying to point out a facet of Debbie's personality. He's not addressing those who believe she found her daughter to be missing.

I guess that throws Pat Brown's theory of Munchausen out the window but then again those who are adamant of DB's guilt will say she forced the dog to bite the brother. :innocent:

There's no record that DB hurt a fly. Ever.

bold by me

Did you all feel the chill on that one? :floorlaugh:

I can see that DB wouldn't cover up a true accidental death and this dog bite story fits what any mother would do in that situation...JMOO

The dog bite did not lead to accidental death. So it's not a good comparison at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow