WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she? They're exes. I don't have my ex MIL on my friend's list

Unless you take into account that it doesn't, outwardly, look like her FB has been updated in quite a long time (besides a couple of videos).

IMO

You don't think she made *some* friends in his family over 14 years?

Why would she? They're exes. I don't have my ex MIL on my friend's list. :floorlaugh:

I don't even have my (current and only) MIL on my friend list... :innocent:

The parents of missing Bellevue child Sky Metalwala are not persons of interest in their son’s disappearance though foul play is believed to be involved, investigators said Tuesday.

and this

Even though Sky’s parents are not targets of the investigation into his disappearance, police believe foul play is involved.

“We believe this is foul play, nothing about the story adds up so something else happened and were trying to figure out what that is.,” BPD Maj. Mike Johnson said. “Someone close to this family knows what happened to this child and we need that answer.”

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-mis...-persons-of-interest-20111108,0,7555000.story

I'm not understanding why people are saying mom is "obsessed" with daughter but not son? Are we all looking at the same Flicker stream? I have 11 children, lots of photos and videos of all of them, but even more videos of my 4 year old doing things like- eating. I'm not obsessed with her, she's just pretty hilarious. IMO

I am waiting for something substantial to show that this woman would harm her son, I'm just not seeing it. IMO

European mothers are not usually shy about posting their children naked. I have friends on my FB who do this. *I* won't even post pics of my son shirtless for the world to view, but I am not JB, with her upbringing, culture and experiences. IMO

She is not an "European mother" she has come to US as a child.

Did you notice this little gem from the article at http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Father-of-missing-toddler-to-take-second-polygraph-test-133433438.html

Complicating matters is a prior incident at the Redmond Target store two years ago, where the parents left the same child, then just a baby, sleeping in his car seat as the two shopped. An onlooker called police. Sky was left alone for nearly an hour.

The boy's father admits it was a stupid mistake and can't imagine how his ex could have done it again.

I wonder if she felt that he would possibly take one or both of the children out of the country.
The stories of that happening are absolutely heart-breaking!!!
Again - it would be a lot more difficult for him to take the little girl who is clearly vocal about who she wants to be with, than it would be to take a 2 year old boy who may not really understand what's going on.
Not saying he would or he wouldn't do this - but as a Mama-Bear myself, I know that if I felt threatened (whether it was warranted or not), I'd go to extreme lengths to keep my cubs safe, sound, and with me.

I'm only talking generalities here, not knowing a lot about the parents.

It's possible, too, depending on cultural background, that a father has little interest in a daughter, only in a son. I can't help but think, in cultures where girls are not valued, that this is more so in the fathers and not the mothers. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding make it a lot harder to detach from a child IMO.

Sadly I can see both scenarios possible - that she hid her son out of a desire to protect/keep him. Or that she harmed him to punish her ex.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-mis...-persons-of-interest-20111108,0,7555000.story

The parents of missing Bellevue child Sky Metalwala are not persons of interest in their son’s disappearance though foul play is believed to be involved, investigators said Tuesday.

plus

Even though Sky’s parents are not targets of the investigation into his disappearance, police believe foul play is involved.

“We believe this is foul play, nothing about the story adds up so something else happened and were trying to figure out what that is.,” BPD Maj. Mike Johnson said. “Someone close to this family knows what happened to this child and we need that answer.”

Equals: We have our suspicions, but this situation is so utterly nuts we have no idea?

Yet, the Mom was given custody of the children instead of the Dad. And, the daughter is now in foster care instead of being with the Dad??

Still catching up so unsure if this has been discussed.

This is what I don't understand. If mom was as mentally ill as described, why did she have the children for the 11 or so months that dad was denied visitation and access? and WHY would he have agreed to allow her custody in mediation? It really makes no sense- if he honestly believed she was a danger to them, he would have fought tooth and nail to ensure mom only had supervised visitation. If the medical records support his allegations, one would think

As for mom disappearing one child and not the other, the only thing that makes sense to me is the 4 yr old can talk and should be able to communicate effectively. The 2 yr old, likely not. So perhaps she either hid, or God forbid sacrificed one believing she was keeping him from harm?

One of the articles posted upthread indicated she not only couldn't keep food in the house, but also that she couldn't allow them to sleep in their beds. I wonder if this is due to having some OCD compulsions regarding bed bugs, or did she like many parents believe in co-sleeping?

Still praying this little guy is found safe soon. Despite the odds, I haven't given up hope.

But why one child missing? Why not both?

Still catching up. This case is local to me, so I've been following it since day 1.

I almost wonder if JB felt desperate and decided to kill her children and herself. Perhaps Sky was first, and she then realized she couldn't follow through with her daughter, and she panicked and concocted a cover up of his death.

This is just the first thing that popped into my mind this morning as a possibility that ties everything together.

Nothing about this case makes any sense at all. Clearly she had remorse about a custody arrangement made just a few days prior to Sky's disappearance, so my initial instinct is that she hid the child from the father. But why just the baby? Custody would be shared for both children...

For this reason, I've been trying to think outside the box. The latest about her mental instability have led me to my latest theory, but who knows...

Those poor babies :(

Bellevue Police Department Major Mike Johnson said during an interview that "something doesn't add up," in the case, but said the boy's parents are not suspects.

The boy’s mother declined to submit to the test.

Johnson said that seemed peculiar to detectives.

“You’d think that a mother would do anything and everything she can to help find her son,” said Johnson.

Metalwala and his attorney fell just short of calling the boy's mother, Jule Biryukova, a suspect in their son’s disappearance.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/father-missing-boy-says-wife-had-dreams-about-stra/nFYPX/

I don't think that means much, at least not in my opinion. They aren't POI --- at this point. I think LE knows more than we do (obviously) and they have their suspicions of who did this, I'm sure. But I don't think they're ready to name a POI yet. If the mom has refused a poly, then that means they're still looking at her or they wouldn't want to give her one. JMHO

The father of a missing 2-year-old Washington state boy said he believes his estranged wife is "playing some kind of game" in the child's disappearance.

~snip~

The child's father, Solomon Metalwala, told Fox affiliate KCPQ-TV that Biryukova suffers from mental illness and may be withholding information from authorities.
"I think this is some kind of game she's playing," Metalwala said. "I don't know. I don't know what she is thinking."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/08/father-missing-washington-toddler-says-estranged-wife-playing-some-kind-game/#ixzz1d8VR9cfK

It sounds like he doesn't think she would hurt Sky.

I'm not understanding why people are saying mom is "obsessed" with daughter but not son? Are we all looking at the same Flicker stream? I have 11 children, lots of photos and videos of all of them, but even more videos of my 4 year old doing things like- eating. I'm not obsessed with her, she's just pretty hilarious. IMO

I am waiting for something substantial to show that this woman would harm her son, I'm just not seeing it. IMO

THANK YOU. I was beginning to think I'm nuts.

I only went through like the first 10 or so pages of photos on facebook, and I would say they were about 40% Sky, 60% M, but it's apparent that she's a bit of a camera ham and he's not interested at all in being in pictures. In pictures of the two of them, - and there were many - she'd strike a starlet pose, and he'd be looking at something or moving out of the camera shot.

Do we know where the family attended church? I'm pondering where she may have been headed to that morning, and it seems that both parents are religious. Just curious if anyone has seen this information anyplace?

Police have not named Biryukova as a suspect, but investigators did search the Redmond apartment where Biryukova lives with Sky and her 4-year-old daughter, including the building's dumpsters, and were expanding the radius of the search at the residence.
Meanwhile, Biryukova's 4-year-old daughter is staying with a foster family under state supervision.
Sky's father took a polygraph test Monday night that came back inconclusive. His lawyer said Solomon was too tired to give an accurate result and would take another test later.
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/be...-to-take-second-polygraph-test-133433438.html

maybe not named a suspect... but you know what I mean ;-)

it's all semantics... moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member