GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #9

Thank you for the info mikkismom & Wondergirl. I live in California, thus would not have heard about this show.

Just got through the 1st segment, really good so far. The LE there did a fantastic job!! Here's the link:

http://www.10tv.com/content/topics/saving-sarah.html

Logged on to post link for this special (local story to me). There are 6 segments total, and one will play right after the other, after you click on Segment 1.

My heart breaks for Sarah while watching this. Anytime she mentions "my Mom" or her brother, her voice breaks. Wish I could just reach out and give her big hugs, and be there for her, if she needs to talk.

Anyone who followed this case should watch. There are a lot of details about the case within the hour (how they knew Sarah was alive, how they figured it out, etc).

Logged on to post link for this special (local story to me). There are 6 segments total, and one will play right after the other, after you click on Segment 1.

My heart breaks for Sarah while watching this. Anytime she mentions "my Mom" or her brother, her voice breaks. Wish I could just reach out and give her big hugs, and be there for her, if she needs to talk.

Anyone who followed this case should watch. There are a lot of details about the case within the hour (how they knew Sarah was alive, how they figured it out, etc).
Ditto. It is really enlightenting for those of us who sleuthed...to realize how LE knew what happened...her footprint...

And pretty sure LE/ FBI had listening devices on MH's home...and found Sarah.

It was really, really hard to listen to Sarah's account of what happened...altho I'm sure it was healing for her to speak out even tho it was so hard to do so....she is truly a hero and such a courageous young woman. Many blessings to you, Sarah!

I followed this case avidly from Day 1...and I'll never be the same.

Good on you, Sarah...you will continue to be the awesome woman that you are!!! :)

Just got through the 1st segment, really good so far. The LE there did a fantastic job!! Here's the link:

http://www.10tv.com/content/topics/saving-sarah.html
Thank you SO much for this link...I hadn't even heard about this program. This case was near and dear to my heart.

It is truly a sleuth's dream to finally get some answers to how they broke the case. As with any case...so much speculation on the few details we get. All along the way, I was SO impressed with Sheriff Barber...truly an amazing man.

I haven't seen the whole program yet, and I wonder if his chilling words are in there. At a press conference, I believe it was before Sarah was found and rescued, a reporter asked the question that we sleuths all had: "Are any of the family familiar with MH?". He said (more or less) "MH was making himself familiar with them".

Thanks so much for providing the links to this. I had missed this and just now was able to watch it. God Bless Sarah.

Thank you SO much for this link...I hadn't even heard about this program. This case was near and dear to my heart.

It is truly a sleuth's dream to finally get some answers to how they broke the case. As with any case...so much speculation on the few details we get. All along the way, I was SO impressed with Sheriff Barber...truly an amazing man.

I haven't seen the whole program yet, and I wonder if his chilling words are in there. At a press conference, I believe it was before Sarah was found and rescued, a reporter asked the question that we sleuths all had: "Are any of the family familiar with MH?". He said (more or less) "MH was making himself familiar with them".

You are welcome! Excellent show. I had a hard time finding the video from the other links, but finally came across it.

I agree with your entire post!! It is wonderful to get this insight into the case. We rarely get that.

And Sheriff Barber...I was impressed with him then & I'm even more impressed with him now!!! I can't say enough about him but I sure wish every town could have Sheriff Barber!!!

ETA: Not forgetting Sheriff Barber's team!! They are all totally awesome!!

The book:

9780425258828_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

010813book.jpg

I happened to catch the end of Dr Phil this afternoon and Sarah and her father were on. Sarah was trying to act fine, but she seemed to be so traumatized still, it made me cry. I think even Dr Phil was worried about her. They have a book out now called "The Girl in the Leaves", release date 12-31-12. It looks like it was penned by Robert Scott with Sarah and her dad, all listed as authors.

I checked Amazon and could not believe the reviews. A lot of posters were extremely angry that her father would write this book, saying he was using Sarah for his own profit. Those that have read the book seemed very positive about Sarah.

I remember when we did this case, but don't remember anything about the father from that time, except that it didn't seem that he was in the picture.

As a side note for book readers, also apparently on the show was Katie Beers who was 9 when she was taken in Dec 1992 and hidden in an underground bunker/box for 17 days before being rescued. She also has a book out now, Buried Memories: The Katie Beers Story, released yesterday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back