Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

110826_steven_powell_660.jpg

I love this picture from the above link - the worried brow, the "I need a clean diaper" look around the mouth! This picture says SP knew he was in deep trouble!

Guess Josh is pretty confident he's going to get the children back. :(

I pray that JG comes forward as a witness for the Cox family and tells the judge that Josh KNEW his dad had an addiction to *advertiser censored*. He lied the first time he appeared before the judge and said he didn't know.

fran

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...m-jury-trial-set-for-Nov-16.html?s_cid=rss-30

Earlier this year, Josh Powell filed a restraining order against his father-in-law claiming that Cox was threatening him. In August, a judge denied the petition saying nothing in it rose to the level of domestic violence.

The judge did, however, issue an anti-harassment order "to keep the peace," telling both sides to stay at least 500 feet away from each other.

According to court documents, Josh Powell has asked that the 500 feet order be re-continued "after placement of minor children terminates." Because the initial order prohibited Cox from coming within 500 feet of the school of one of Josh Powell's sons, the restraining order had to be amended after the Cox family was awarded temporary custody of their grandchildren so they could take him to school.

Also filed in court this week were certificates showing that Chuck and Judy Cox completed a seminar on the "Impact of Divorce on Children" in January 2010 in Washington.

<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wow. This case sure did go quiet all of a sudden. Where is Joshy Boy and his mentally ill family?

Keeping a low profile, I guess. Now that DaddyBigMouth is behind bars, maybe they can have some peace. They are probably feeling free for the first time in their lives. Probably a little lost as well.

Keeping a low profile, I guess. Now that DaddyBigMouth is behind bars, maybe they can have some peace. They are probably feeling free for the first time in their lives. Probably a little lost as well.
I thought maybe in the bathroom a lot since the press is going to be watching for signs of life and requesting comments around Susan's birthday.

Happy Birthday, Susan! I bet they just hate the love poured on her and they don't get any.

JMO

Wow. This case sure did go quiet all of a sudden. Where is Joshy Boy and his mentally ill family?

We have gone through quietness like this in Susan's case for many, many months. We can be patient a bit longer. We need to give LE time to put it all together.

I still predict by the end of the year.

IMO

We have gone through quietness like this in Susan's case for many, many months. We can be patient a bit longer. We need to give LE time to put it all together.

I still predict by the end of the year.

IMO

I guess the quiet is due to the old perv being jailed and the sniveler painted into a corner.

Patience is a virtue I'm told :sigh:

I guess the quiet is due to the old perv being jailed and the sniveler painted into a corner.

Patience is a virtue I'm told :sigh:

Yes, I hear it's a virtue, too. How come I don't feel virtuous right now? Lol. :waitasec:

The Jury Trial for Steven is still scheduled for November 16th...
(Though I am sure it will change, since they had only gone through part of the pictures. Unless they intend to try him multiple times.)

Right after Josh Powell is in court for custody on November 15th.
I certainly hope they make a decision on whether to charge Josh (in his father's case, not Susan's) by the November 15th custody hearing. :waitasec:

Custody hearing is still set for Tuesday as far as we know... just over 48 hours away...

This judge came across as very wise... but also very fair.
I hope that she is given enough evidence to keep those boys with Susan's family.

Custody hearing is still set for Tuesday as far as we know... just over 48 hours away...

This judge came across as very wise... but also very fair.
I hope that she is given enough evidence to keep those boys with Susan's family.

I do too. Will be thinking of them.

Custody hearing postponed until January. Coxes to keep the kids until then!

aww, they will have the boys through Christmas,,what a blessing for them

"The hearing has been canceled due to a legal agreement...."

The Coxes have also asked the court to appoint a guardian ad litem
, an attorney who would represent the interests of the boys alone in court proceedings.
The Coxes stated in their request that the children were having some difficulties with the custody situation.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52915605-78/powell-custody-court-coxes.html.csp

What legal agreement? Did Josh have a say in this, or agree to it, or oppose it?
Are we entering a Terri Horman phase where he is just going to stop fighting for his kids, so he doesn't have to talk and reveal anything?

I wonder if the kids are having a hard time with the visitation... and the Cox family wants someone to represent the boys only... in regards to that?

I wonder what problems the boys are having. I'm sure it must be extremely difficult to be mssing their mother, and now their father (in as much as I dislike him).

The Coxes stated in their request that the children were having some difficulties with the custody situation.

I will continue to pray for them.

Mel

"The hearing has been canceled due to a legal agreement...."

The Coxes have also asked the court to appoint a guardian ad litem
, an attorney who would represent the interests of the boys alone in court proceedings.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52915605-78/powell-custody-court-coxes.html.csp

What legal agreement? Did Josh have a say in this, or agree to it, or oppose it?
Are we entering a Terri Horman phase where he is just going to stop fighting for his kids, so he doesn't have to talk and reveal anything?

I wonder if the kids are having a hard time with the visitation... and the Cox family wants someone to represent the boys only... in regards to that?

I thought the same thing. I wonder if the boys want to stay with the Coxes and are afraid each week when Josh has visitation that he will keep them. Poor little guys! It must be so confusing for them. I really have a feeling that they are enjoying their time with the Coxes; hence the request for an attorney to represent their best interests. Way to go Chuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member