WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

Very little investigation was done on Joe's case, actually. They ruled it a suicide very early on, despite many clues to the contrary. I really wish they would do some more investigating.

Even if it WERE a suicide, isn't LE obligated to try to find the body?

Does anyone know if the police report is anywhere in these threads? I've searched and can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if the police report is anywhere in these threads? I've searched and can't find it anywhere.

Hi Lady L,
No there is not- We never did get to that info- I worked diligently on this case for @ 3 months- Was working with a family friend and the family kind of stopped helping us- This is hard for the Mrs. Pichler to deal with (she has other kids), but if you look in the archives, you will see all of the research, the talk I had with the lead det (cant recall his name right now), and ALL of the research we did off of a fake website his so-called-friends made up and made fake, derogatory posts in jest of Joe.

I agree~ This investigation has been botched since they didnt seal off his car and apt in the beginning- The odd thing I noticed, was that all of his "friends", took off to seperate neighboring states (according to the website) and this doesnt raise a red flag? Also, the fact that C practically led them to Joes missing car behind the Mexican restaurant~WTF?? Unfortunately, I do not believe Joe is alive. He was too close to his family and hasnt touched any assetts. The Hollywood community has even advertised his missing posters thru the SAG. ALthough I dont like to be pessimistic, something is just not right-

If you do a search on Joe, you will see all the info-If I can help you, please let me know- I became very attatched to Joe, and hope he comes home so his family can have some closure- I hope that the Pichler family is doing OK~

Likely no connection. Like Bremerton, Whidbey Island is in Western WA, but they are not real close together. However, they are each home to military bases. The distance between them is usually navigated by ferry.

http://www.theolympian.com/2011/02/18/1548534/skull-found-on-whidbey-island.html

I was denied access to Joseph's first thread and have not yet read all the way through thread #2, so it's not clear to me whether any of the authorities have his DNA on file. If his DNA profile is available to LE, it should be known within a few days or weeks if this is Joseph. If his DNA is not with LE, though, how can this be checked out?

Thanks, DreamyEye. Although I'm unsure of any connection, the first person to come to my mind about the skull on Whidbey Island was Joe. It would be possible for someone who went into the water in Bremerton to end up on Whidbey Island.

Here is Joe's NamUs profile. It says that they do have his DNA, as well as dental records. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/852/0/

Hey guys, long time no talk. I've taken time to look into the skull that was found last month in Washington and I do believe it could be connected to Joe. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure but it seems like a pretty good chance that it is. All the police know right now is that the person was a male, he was under 35 when he died and he could've been dead for anywhere up to 10 years and police are having a hard time identifying the person. I asked Kathy to look into this although I haven't heard back from her yet I'm pretty sure she'll look into it if she hasn't already. If by some chance this has nothing to do with Joe or his case at least maybe since it's a different police department and not Bremerton that the Pichler family would be going to maybe it could get them to look into Joe's case further and hopefully find some answers either way I hope this some how leads us to finding out what exactly happened to Joe and gives his family closure they need.

Don't ever give up hope..I know in my heart that one day God will bring the people who hurt Joe and his case to justice <3 if by chance they don't receive the proper punishment they deserve on this earth I know that when they are not of this earth anymore they will have to deal with God.

Hey guys, long time no talk. I've taken time to look into the skull that was found last month in Washington and I do believe it could be connected to Joe. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure but it seems like a pretty good chance that it is. All the police know right now is that the person was a male, he was under 35 when he died and he could've been dead for anywhere up to 10 years and police are having a hard time identifying the person. I asked Kathy to look into this although I haven't heard back from her yet I'm pretty sure she'll look into it if she hasn't already. If by some chance this has nothing to do with Joe or his case at least maybe since it's a different police department and not Bremerton that the Pichler family would be going to maybe it could get them to look into Joe's case further and hopefully find some answers either way I hope this some how leads us to finding out what exactly happened to Joe and gives his family closure they need.

Don't ever give up hope..I know in my heart that one day God will bring the people who hurt Joe and his case to justice <3 if by chance they don't receive the proper punishment they deserve on this earth I know that when they are not of this earth anymore they will have to deal with God.

I am glad to see that there is something to investigate in this sad disappearance. FWIW, I always prefer to contact LE directly with tips on unidentified remains simply because it tends to set the missing person's family on a roller coaster ride which may be completely unwarranted. Just my :twocents:.

Joe's case has been added to Nancy Grace's page. I hope this means she is going to be covering him on her 50 people in 50 days?!?

Joe Pichler: Nancy Grace America's Missing

pichler-post.jpg

TIPLINE: 1-360-308-5400
Age then: 19
Vanished: Jan. 5, 2006
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

Bumping for Joe~ Anyone hear any new news? I missed him on NG, but was curious if anyone called any info in on him?? TIA

Please help bring Joe Pichler home where he belongs <3

Have any of you heard anything else about the skull that was found in Whidbey Island? I've been extremely busy lately with family issues so I've sort of been slacking..Has anything new happened with Joe's case lately?

Are there any updates? It seems like this guy vanished into thin air.

Seems like Bremerton / Kitsap still hasn't learned.... Actually quite a depressing article.

Parents: authorities won’t help find children

“If a 15-year-old female is sick of mom and dad’s rules and runs away to party or be with her boyfriend and then shows up two or three days later, that’s not something that we’re going to look into,” said deputy Scott Wilson, spokesman for Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office. “They’re not actually missing.”

Wilson said that in 2011, there were approximately 236 cases of teens reported “missing” by their families in Kitsap County, “almost one for every day.”

However, a teen must fall within a five-point criteria to be deemed missing and not just a “runaway” by the Sheriff’s Office and Bremerton Police Department.

[snip]

Fisher said that there are “currently no missing children in the City of Bremerton” according to their definition. The last missing person was in 2006. (My note - This would be Joe... And the line about no missing children since is complete BS.)

More: http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/139401813.html

Seems like Bremerton / Kitsap still hasn't learned.... Actually quite a depressing article.

Parents: authorities won&#8217;t help find children

&#8220;If a 15-year-old female is sick of mom and dad&#8217;s rules and runs away to party or be with her boyfriend and then shows up two or three days later, that&#8217;s not something that we&#8217;re going to look into,&#8221; said deputy Scott Wilson, spokesman for Kitsap County Sheriff&#8217;s Office. &#8220;They&#8217;re not actually missing.&#8221;

Wilson said that in 2011, there were approximately 236 cases of teens reported &#8220;missing&#8221; by their families in Kitsap County, &#8220;almost one for every day.&#8221;

However, a teen must fall within a five-point criteria to be deemed missing and not just a &#8220;runaway&#8221; by the Sheriff&#8217;s Office and Bremerton Police Department.

[snip]

Fisher said that there are &#8220;currently no missing children in the City of Bremerton&#8221; according to their definition. The last missing person was in 2006. (My note - This would be Joe... And the line about no missing children since is complete BS.)

More: http://www.centralkitsapreporter.com/news/139401813.html

I wonder if Scott Wilson is aware that he is defying the LAW, federal law mind you that mandates accepting and investigating MP reports, ESPECIALLY when the report is about someone under the age of 18???

TSK TSK Kitsap.

Perhaps I should send this to him:

Department of Justice Action Page-
http://www.justice.gov/actioncenter/missing-person.html

Federal Statutes concerning missing persons/juveniles:
42 U.S.C. § 5779 AND 42 U.S.C § 5780

The National Child Search Assistance Act was put into place in 1990 and was ammended by the Adam Walsh Child Protection Act of 2006.

National Child Search Assistance Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even if there is a suspicion of a runaway, see above. Kitsap could lose federal funding and should IMO.

Wilson's statement should be of interest to the Department of Justice as well as the state and local agencies involved in these cases. :banghead:

Bump-I would love to see an age progression done of Joe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back