***SPOILER ALERT*** Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton - CONTENT DISCUSSION

Another tidbit that comes to mind.. he describes the jury as "bland". They had to have some worries about the jury before the verdict came in.. with them being so unemotional and uninvolved. They seemed to be kind of demanding of their personal comfort. He said one juror shook his water bottle at the bailiff when he was out of water.. as a sign for him to go fill it for him.

They seemed to be more concerened about their comfort then understanding the case... and listening to the evidence. I don't think they got a good sense of why they were there in the first place.

Another tidbit that comes to mind.. he describes the jury as "bland". They had to have some worries about the jury before the verdict came in.. with them being so unemotional and uninvolved. They seemed to be kind of demanding of their personal comfort. He said one juror shook his water bottle at the bailiff when he was out of water.. as a sign for him to go fill it for him.

They seemed to be more concerened about their comfort then understanding the case... and listening to the evidence. I don't think they got a good sense of why they were there in the first place.

Perhaps the jury thought they were some sort of celebrities for being selected to the jury and completely missed the point - like a reality TV winner. Asking how long it's going to take after three days - knowing full well in advance that it would be a few weeks - is completely absurd ... acting like a spoiled child.

Wow...my thought process hadn't reached that point yet...with the drugging story.

Casey says George drugged her....but is she really saying she drugged Caylee with a twist to the story?

IMO, that's exactly what she was doing. Reading through the transcripts of her interrogations and jail house videos, IMO I saw a clear pattern of how she plays this game.

I think she enjoys the power of saying what happened , but in a Casey-code that no one can figure out ,or hold her accountable for even if they could.

IMO, that's exactly what she was doing. Reading through the transcripts of her interrogations and jail house videos, IMO I saw a clear pattern of how she plays this game.

I think she enjoys the power of saying what happened in Casey-code, but in a way no one can figure out that's she said it, at least in the moment.

Thanks for your review of the book. I got the impression from the comments that Ashton believes Cindy speaks Casey speak and that they were in cahoots while George and Lee were relegated to the position of obvious liars. Cindy pulled off an "I'm confused" while Casey orchestrated. He also seems to point out that Baez was in cahoots with Casey in their story telling.

Thanks to all for the updates, still waiting my copy! :maddening:

Pre ordered my copy from Amazon but just checked and they haven't even shipped it yet. Amazon shows now in stock and I thought by pre ordering they would have shipped it first thing...guess I was wrong!! :banghead:

I do see today though by going through the publisher site that you can order a SIGNED copy for $26.99 and get 20% off by signing up for the Bookpert newsletter. If you are interested here is the link.

http://www.bookperk.com/offer/jeff-ashton

Has it been mentioned anywhere that a "made for TV movie" is in the works based on the book?

Anthony movie to be based on ex-prosecutor's book

ORLANDO - A spokeswoman says a TV movie is in the works about the sensational trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman who was eventually acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Fox Television Studios spokeswoman Leslie Oren also said Tuesday that her company has optioned the film and television rights to "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony." The book was written by Jeff Ashton, a now-retired prosecutor from the trial.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20111116/WIRE/111119687

After reading JA's book and his comments about how little involved Cheney Mason was (i.e. his boredom notes to prosecutor, his comments to judge that it's Beaz show, etc.), coupled with the fact that he was not involved from the beginning, I have to really wonder what exactly Cheney Mason plans to write a book about?

Part of the reason I feel Casey may have intentionally drowned Caylee is that during the jailhouse video, when Cindy mentions the drowning theory, KC goes "surprise surprise" I would have expected her to be outraged and say something to that effect had it been false. The "surprise surprise" had an element of guilt/fear. Atleast we know about the duct-tape.

I am so grateful that our Caylee's remains were found.We never would have even dreamed that KC would murder Caylee with duct-tape. It's one of the few things that bring me peace. We found our little Caylee. I would take finding Caylee's remains over Casey being sentenced to death even. Wish we could have had both but if I had to choose one then I'd definately choose the former.

Wow. Wow. Wow. The only "closure" that exists in this case is from this book. And on a side note, it is going to fuel the fire against OCA and the Pinellas 12. I wish none of them well. I hope each and every one of them has a long, miserable, life reliving their wrong doings. Just my two cents...

After reading JA's book and his comments about how little involved Cheney Mason was (i.e. his boredom notes to prosecutor, his comments to judge that it's Beaz show, etc.), coupled with the fact that he was not involved from the beginning, I have to really wonder what exactly Cheney Mason plans to write a book about?

Not sure of the content, but I heard the title is "How to lose friends and Infuriate people: or How I Learned to Love the Bird"...

Has it been mentioned anywhere that a "made for TV movie" is in the works based on the book?

ORLANDO - A spokeswoman says a TV movie is in the works about the sensational trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman who was eventually acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter.

Fox Television Studios spokeswoman Leslie Oren also said Tuesday that her company has optioned the film and television rights to "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony." The book was written by Jeff Ashton, a now-retired prosecutor from the trial.

Also saw it mention here by by Associated Press:

Oren says the project is being developed for the Lifetime cable network, but it’s still in the early stages. It’s not yet known when it will air.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/...sed-on-ex-prosecutors-book/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews

Talina, the REAL question is, who in their right mind would bother reading it?

wouldnt it be great if it was a true tale of his experience of the trial, like JA's was? I would pay money for that. yes indeedy I would. I would be delighted to hear the truth from CM. I doubt it's likely though, what with the middle finger and whatnot.

til recently I honestly thought all the dream team knew what OCA was all about and just doing their jobs, I have come to the realisation that JB and OCA are birds of the same feather, the rest probably are not.

Talina, the REAL question is, who in their right mind would bother reading it?

:waitasec: Doesn't everybody want to get the inside story on the important murder trial matters that CM spent his time and expertise on? i.e. how many ceiling tiles and recessed lights there were?

:waitasec: Doesn't everybody want to get the inside story on the important murder trial matters that CM spent his time and expertise on? i.e. how many ceiling tiles and recessed lights there were?

:floorlaugh: seriously though I'd love to hear the truth about what prompted him to talk plea ....what prompted him to offer the "proffer" to the state earlier this year, (come one you KNOW that was all him and AF, maybe DS, not JB at all, content to let OCA run the show) I'd loooove to hear the truth about what he thought of OCA staring blankly at him and/or pretending he wasnt in the room at all when "plea" passed his lips, and most of all I'd love to know what the heck sent her off in that snarl of rage to JB that one day during CA's testimony til JB turned back around.

The first memory I have of the drowning story was early on when Cindy visited Casey in jail. Cindy scoffed that people were suggesting Casey drowned Cayley and Casey said something about people being so stupid, not to listen to them.

I really enjoy the comments about Ashton's view of Baez. I guess the upside of Florida law is that even the prosecutor can "tell all" after the murder trial is over and done. What I don't understand is why Harvard has Baez as a guest speaker. The person described by Ashton does not mesh with someone worthy of lecturing at a law school. One would hope that harvard isn't going to start putting out Baezes.

Ashton mentions the suprise suprise video in his book. I will have to go back and read what he said.

To me, Casey looked so strange in that video where she says, suprise suprise that it haunted me for the longest time. Something was guilty about that look.

After hearing what Ashton said about 4.0, I ask myself had she already formulated 4.0 at that time? Or, did Cindy plant the seed that evolved into 4.0?

I honestly don't care when, why, or where anymore. Caylee is gone and FCA got off. It is sickening. The jury didn't care. The parents and brother didn't care (enough).

Whether this TV movie is truth or rumour it must be very upsetting to OCA ...maybe she is so upset she can't shallow.

it was very poignant for me that ashton said when LDB showed the two last pics of caylee, he was stunned to see that they didnt react at all....that was exactly how I felt when I heard they didnt react....and he told himself the same thing I told myself, that some people just...hide their emotions well.

contrast this, mind you, with the emma barker trial...(emma was murdered by her mother stacey barker and this went to trial just before anthony did) the jurors were very very upset, so much so that during deliberations one was seen being helped along the hallway by others because she was so distraught...because that happened just before OCA trial* I thought of it a lot and I thought of how the anthony jurors seemed to almost never show any emotion yet here I was a thousand and some miles away, not even seeing the photos of poor caylee's remains and bawling my eyes out more days that not...well, I told myself, I am over sensitive, I have always been told so, not always in a complimentary way...

also ashton says at one point, a juror, I forget which, ran out of water and held the bottle up to a court worker and shook it at him, as if the court official was his butler...

ashton said the same things we'd been saying, that in order to get a jury who never heard of the case, you had to get a jury that did not care about the world around them....the people who care already knew of the case and had an opinion....they were severely crippled from the word go.

mind yall, I am not directly quoting any of this, so if I have misrecalled something or mis-stated, blame me and not JA :)

* and that jury did their job admirably...barker was charged with second degree as I recall and the jury came back with 1st degree murder and gave her something like 60 to life.

Thanks for this post 2goldfish - very thoughtful post and I agree...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back